View Single Post
Old November 8, 2008, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Default Excellent advice Phil, thanks for the link.

Phil[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
This cool video was posted on another forum. Not exactly custom made for Sowpubs But maybe one of these days a few more people will start talking & posting again for a little fun and break in their day...
Have a Good laugh anyways... It's definitely Great for your health...
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/197209...ve_on_a_forum/
Phil

Thanks as always, the video was spot on.

I've noticed all the forums are a bit sluggish, or totally uninteresting at this point, I perceive it to be for a couple of reasons:

1) The forum owners are actually busy and trying to run their businesses...as is the case with Dien and myself right now. OR

2) The forum owners are dead.

What else could it be?

ALSO, there is (in my case anyhow) a "let someone else answer this one, I've already answered it a 1000 times" and it goes to one of the down sides of all forums...the newbie who doesn't even bother to do the slightest bit of research, can't even google anything and wants the magic bullet given to them for free and right NOW.

PLUS, the politics of the last, what 24 MONTHS, and slogging through all the opinions and rhetoric...is/has been draining.

Opinions and rhetoric are welcome...to a point...when you get the same guy chest thumping and being obnoxious week after week, it runs people away from the forum...and wears the admin and mods down.

That's how I'm feeling anyhow. Right now, I prefer to work with people who are actually serious about DOING something...and these are fewer and further between to be found in the many forums. As Granny used to say, "If I want your opinion, I'll ask for it." And she never asked. HA!

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : November 8, 2008 at 10:09 AM.