View Single Post
Old February 26, 2012, 01:51 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Do you need to be an expert in coding to build a successful startup??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Adolph View Post
"Do you need to be an expert in coding to build a successful Startup, or can you employ experts to do the technical work for you?"
Hi Duane,

I think that - if you need custom-made software for your start up - you can hire people to create that software, even if you are not a "coder" (i.e. programmer) yourself.

However, it may be easier to communicate with programmers if you are a programmer yourself...

I don't have direct experience in this area. I think Ankesh may, though. (Be sure to check out Ankesh's website, SuccessNexus, for example.)

My brother, Thomas, is not a "professional" coder, but he can program, and has done some programming for his own projects. I think he's found his own programming skills to be an advantage when hiring programmers. (His most extensive project so far, not counting projects still in development, has been the online browser-based game, Dragon Tavern. One of his earlier projects was MyLinkVault.)

Best wishes!

Dien