View Single Post
Old July 28, 2019, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Default Oh my the opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

Thanks, I'll try this advice!

The part I don't do (yet) is the keyword of what you're trying to focus on, to help you get back to it when you're distracted... So I'm gonna try that out.

For writing down thoughts I currently use Simplenote, it's a free app and also a website, which you can use from your phone or from any web browser. It's basically a simple notepad. I like to use it because if I use it (for example) on my phone, I can later access my notes on my desktop or laptop computer. (Or vice versa.)

Gordon, great advice!

By the way, I believe the ADHD market is a big one...

Best wishes,

Dien

ADD and ADHD are going through some changes, hopefully coming out of the MEDICATE em period, where too many kids were put on Ritalin and Adderall, etc., and more emphasis is being put on NON prescriptions solutions.

I wish I had the time, could probably do very well in that market...my official diagnosis didn't happen until I was 40. As a kid, I was just one of those kids who could not sit still.

If medication can help, it should be mixed in with other learning techniques, and along with an understanding of what is happening in one's mind...and how to control that beast.

One of the best things I did do as a kid was to take both Eugene Schwartz and Harry Lorayne courses, the first on how to double your power to learn (still have that book) and Lorayne's memory techinques.

Both have techniques which would benefit many an ADD-ADHD person.

Speed reading courses also helped, combined, speed reading and speed learning is in my opinion one great way to help those with ADD.

Gordon