View Single Post
Old October 13, 2008, 03:26 PM
MichaelRoss

Default What would you do?... Close the business!

TW,

Thanks for making the question different.

What would *I* do if the customer never called me to Book In; if when I return their call they never get back in touch?

I would Not lose sleep over, what I perceive to be, their lack of respect. I would think... self, this is the wrong business to be in, I thinks I'll do something else. Close the business down and do something else.

I'd do this because I understand the following... people will only pay for something they can't do themselves but feel they need doing; can do but really don't like doing it or don't do very well; or flat out refuse to do for their own reasons.

People will Pay to have their computer repaired if it goes on the blink, but will toss a kettle or torch and just buy a new one.

Some people will do their own painting while others will hire painters in.
Some hire lawn mowing men while others do it themselves.

But if you're offering nose picking services, you're going to struggle.

Now, there's only going to be two reasons why you're getting the results you are...

1: Those who respond to your marketing and even past customers, are not the right market for your widget. You Think they are because you've had Some success after multiple contact attempts - but - that's just sucked you in to doing what you're doing. (Sometimes the worst thing that can happen is you have a tiny success.)

2: The business doesn't fit the "can't do, can't do well, don't want to do, refuse to do" criteria - not as you think it does. Which is to say, people just don't think they need this thing as much as you think they need it. And you need to be able to accept that.

You cannot Force people to return a call; let you know "No". You either accept that, or get all bothered about it. Learn to go with their "lack of returned phone calls" flow - or - close the business and do something else for your own sanity. Or, or... spend time figuring it all out and when, after years, you find the Solution, then sell that to all the other people who want to beat themselves up over potential customers not returning call.

Me? I'd shut it down and move on.

Michael Ross