View Single Post
Old October 11, 2010, 12:05 PM
Skip Rosell

Default Re: How to spread the word about your business fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
Hi, my first post here. I hope some of you might be able to help me or at least give me some feedback.

I am about to start up my own internet based business and would (obviously) like to get as many members subscribing to my site as possible. I am willing to spend money on SEO and Google Adwords, but I wonder how I can use my own existing network to get through to thousands within days or weeks.

E.g. I have 300+ Facebook friends and 150+ LinkedIn connections. I assume I have close (enough) relations with around 100 to use them in spreading my message and get them to sign up on my site. But how do you - generally speaking - break through to their network. What incentives do people need to send a message to their 10+ closest friends, who again send it to their 10+ closest friends etc?

Is begging enough?

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for asking about facebook friends and great begging

You can "Bribe" your friends on Facebook and Linkedin by offering a contest for them sending your message to their closest friends. It does not have to be an expensive prize, maybe $20-$25. For 1,000 mentions that is not a bad deal.

You can go even cheaper by using www.fiverr.com

You can get almost anything you want done on this site for $5. Just be careful because some are great and others give very poor service.

Check any feedback they have before you decide which one to use.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell