View Single Post
Old December 20, 2012, 09:03 PM
Phil

Default Re: Jimmy Krug wrote a very nice memorial to Jim Straw...

Dien,

Thanks for posting this update and memorial from Jimmy Krug and company...

A little surprised on a few things, especially regarding their children, with their chosen careers and professions.

Even though they've chosen a different path in life regarding different interests on the entrepreneurial side of things, I'm sure Jim Straw in the past outlined various business related connections with his son's overall within Jim Straw's business network in general...

Posted a few thoughts, comments and questions in those regards in our Jim Straw thread but I guess those reading that had communications with Jim Straw over the years feel best not to comment on those issues. I can understand during this time it's difficult to comment further, maybe in time Jimmy Krug, particular SowPubbers and a few others will comment further...

Including further discussions on the Jim Straw [Brand] and into the Future related type of Entrepreneurial happenings! ...

All the best,
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Jimmy Krug wrote a very nice memorial to Jim Straw, which some here would be interested in...
'I first met Jim Straw back in the mid-1990s. As luck would have it, however, I ran my first mail order campaign fresh out of college in 1987. I said to him, “Jim, I wish I would have met you back in 1987!” It just so happened that my mail order campaign flopped. Like the old saying goes – I was a day late and a dollar short. Even so, it was a tremendous learning experience for me. It was the beginning of my direct marketing journey.'
You can read the rest at the link below...

JF (Jim) Straw – 1945-2012
http://onlinementormagazine.com/jf-jim-straw-1945-2012/

Best wishes,

Dien