Thread: Wow!
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2015, 11:06 AM
clawJAMMER

Default Re: Wow!

Sup Don - good to see you're still plugging away at the video promotions.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not throwing darts here, I'm just stating some facts from my personal experience doing the video commercials. If it works for you and benefits your clients, that's wonderful and it's a win-win.

Here's my conflict though with all the hype about these videos getting on the first page of Big G...does anyone really pay a substantial fee to be placed on there?

To be on the first page of G for your company name is one thing.

But if I don't know the company name and just enter 'computer repair roseburg, oregon' I don't see your thumbnail on the first page, or even the 2nd page for those search keywords, and those are the keywords I'd most likely enter if I was looking for computer repair in Roseburg, or any city USA.

However, as of this writing I do see 2 different competing companies video commercial thumbnails on the 2nd page, since 2011 & 2012, but MD Partech Computer Repair is unseen thus far and that's out of only 38,000 results for those search terms.

Getting 'Joe-Don's Plumbing Services' video commercial on G's 1st page for their business name is fine and dandy, IF you do your search for that particular company name-plumbing. But if you do a search for 'emergency plumbing podunk-city' what are really the odds that Joe-Don's Plumbing Services video thumbnail actually shows up on the 1st page for those keywords? Slim.

I was dabbling in the video 'commercials' myself for awhile and eventually got 3 businesses video commercials listed on the 1st page of G for various search terms, however, as I kept track of the clicks on each video it surely wasn't worth even approaching the business owner for a $500+ monthly fee.

I still have 2 videos on the 1st page since Oct for one of the businesses (I've done nothing since that time with them) and neither video has reached 100 clicks to this date or brought in a significant sale to justify a big monthly fee to have those videos listed on there.

I've since moved on.

If you can get these companies to pay you a hefty fee every month for getting their company name video commercial on the 1st page, I applaud you. I personally haven't really seen the value though IMO to keep pounding sand and sell the idea to a business owner.

If I can't truly help a business owner in some shape or form, then I honestly don't feel I can ask them to pay me a fee unless I know with 100% certainty that they'll benefit from my efforts 110%.

Glenn