View Single Post
Old April 30, 2015, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Default There is nothing wrong with asking questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC View Post
Trevor, there is NOTHING wrong with your question. It is perfectly valid. If anything, NOBODY asks enough questions. And you should feel free to ask one without feeling like you're attacking someone.
I don't see Helton, McKinney, or anyone else showing the proof of this. NOT saying it doesn't work, but l like to see results instead of words.

Very good point RickC.

I appreciate enthusiasm as much as anybody, but... like Reagan said, "Trust, but VERIFY."

Now, a pin in a balloon, and I would need independent studies to persuade me otherwise (and I can be persuaded) someone other than SEO maestros to show me evidence that there is a significant difference between page one and page two (or deeper) of Google when it comes to influencing people to make a decision when it comes to spending anything over 1k bux.

Maybe a video gets looked at, maybe it stands out, and maybe being at the top of the page, under the PAID advertising offers a difference in the number of the leads a business gets...

But anecdotal evidence tells me most people are going to make a little more effort when spending 2k for Botox or 7k for a roof, etc., in finding information and making the actual DECISION to buy.

My experience wants qualified buyers, and lead generation is often called a numbers game, the more lookers does not translate into more buyers.

So, I agree with RickC, you should ask questions, but also, ask the fundamental questions of yourself, that is, what do you want and why.

Some others have been here a long time, and seem to jump pretty high in the air when many of these new or unknown opportunities come along, and some have become known as Shiny Objects, which look good, but if they can not be easily fitted into what you are already doing...

you have a basic problem or otherwise, you'd be working on the opportunity you decided to do a year or two or 5 or 10 ago.

So ask questions, but make one of those:

What does this opportunity I'm "excited" about today mean to my overall goal and is it a real possibility or another green pasture I want to flee to?

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : April 30, 2015 at 10:25 AM.