View Single Post
Old July 30, 2021, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Default I encourage you to listen to this:

Well Daddy-O, you got your priorities right, eh?

Grab a bluetooth headphone or buds, dial up Youtube and listen to all and anything with Roland Fisher, especially the Jay Abraham and Anik Singal ones.

See, when it comes to DOING, and not just talking about it, Roland Fisher is the man.

On one Jay A. interview he gives 5 different actual deals he's done, and they cover a wide range of businesses, including retail brick and mortar.

His website has his simple two page HOTSHEET, which (once you actually use it) may be one of the greatest reveals of all time.

Finding Mentors, who not only tell you, but SHOW you exactly what they did, and how they set deals up, is a key, I think.

Roland goes from the approach, to the offer, to the counter offers, to the deal and one thing I especially like, he doesn't do start-ups, only acquisitions with the idea of selling it off for many multiples of value.

His 10 million look, can be scaled down to us small potato types when we go shopping for a take over.

He is the man behind the Digital Marketer change (Ryan Deiss & assoc.)
and their phenomenal growth, and Deiss is no slouch to begin with.

Anyhow, you ask great questions. And I'm happy to report there are experts who have a billion dollars of actual deal making experience to give you the answers. Actionable methods, not just philosophy and braggadocios.

Roland Frasier.

Put him in your ear (brain) whilst changing the nappy, ok?

Gordon

P.S. I wish I would have found him a decade ago, I think it fair and safe to say, you won't waste another decade on philosophy, if you at least get something in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon.

We must be in a golden age for acquiring a business and paying for the cow with its own milk!

Though it definitely sounds like an area where good due diligence is required!

Otherwise, a person might find they have a non-milky cow...

How do you find these businesses, which are good prospects for this kind of deal?

Do you find them by going to business brokers?

Or how else would you do it?

Maybe a person could ask around the industry they're interested in somehow... A business's competitors may know the situation, but you'd have to be a little discreet I think, so the other businesses don't know what you want (as you'll end up being their competitor)...

Apart from the income, there must be other things you'd have to look for... What would those be?

Great topic for discussion!

Now is probably the right time to find such businesses, as many people are looking to retire and wanting to sell their businesses... Their kids often don't want to take it over...

Best wishes!

Dien

P.S. Sorry for my slow responses lately... My missus has been a little under the weather, which means more baby-sitting duties for moi...