View Single Post
Old January 15, 2001, 12:41 PM
Dien Rice

Default Recognizing and realizing stored value....

Hi Gordon,

I've been thinking a lot about what you wrote earlier about STORED VALUE.... It's a grabbing, powerful idea....

When you think about it, there's a lot of "stored value" surrounding us....

And even within us....

"Stored value" in chattel is everywhere.... In people's attics and garages, in some of the "junk" that some people throw away, in the remains of bankrupt businesses.....

And "stored value" is also in SOME expired patents (like you pointed out)....

There is "stored value" in products which are marketable, but which are not yet being marketed to their full potential.....

And it also seems to me that knowledge and skills are a kind of "stored value" too, which can be tapped.... They are "stored" since those skills are within you, lying dormant until you do something with them....

I like the idea of unrecognized "stored value" surrounding us. Many things have unperceived "value" -- people don't see the true potential value which is there. But if you can recognize this value and if you're able to "mine" it, you could do well....

Anyhow, I've been pondering these ideas.... Recognizing the hidden "stored value" around you could be a highly profitable skill to develop....

- Dien