SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Poll: 7EBmAc
Poll Options
7EBmAc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 19, 2003, 02:11 AM
Glenn Osborn

Default How To Create UGLY Empathy & GET PAID

Dear Jos,

Thank you for doing something very POWERFUL.

You ASKED for ideas & help.

You'll find the answers to your dilemma Right in Front of your nose.

Count the number of sentences in your request letter that START with "I".

How many?

I got 15.

You may feel a tad UP-set by this but...

"YOU" is the most profitable word in sales and marketing - ONLY beaten by "FREE."

You are using "FREE." (Good start)

You are NOT ASKING your subscribers and prospects what THEY want.

I

I

I

Nobody cares what YOU or I want.
Nobody cares what AutoLISP is. Or that you give it away for FREE.

You may wish to put a CHECKLIST on your wall.

LOVE
Fear
GREED
Pride
Guilt

These are the Emotions your prospects CARE about.

===========================

Please notice how many YOU's are in the ABOVE section - before you read on. Get in the habit.
We do follow our own advice. (Sometimes we forget too, though.)
===========================

Here is how to ASK.

How to create a Questionnaire. Based on what your prospects TELL you they want to READ. You write E-zines and books ONLY on those topics.

Step I - You ASK Prospects what the want.

Step II - You create and sell them that thing.

Sounds simple.

But it takes heavy duty EMPATHY and research to write the right ball-park questions and then ASK the questions and then ANSWER based on what they say they WANT.

Here's an actual Case Study that has made a client a few Extra $100,000. Conservative cuz he makes $50k profit from one home sale.

======================================
Can YOU Help Me Get Home Owners To
STOP SLAMMING Doors and Phones On ME?

A quick project for a foreclosure investor.

He complained scared home owners (Just told by the bank they are losing their homes) were SLAMMING doors in his face when he knocked and ASKED to buy their homes.

He didn't know what to do when 100's HUNG up in his ear on the phone.

=============

We said, "Let's ASK the SCARED home owners what THEY want."

Gary said, "They won't TALK to me long enough to ASK."

We said, "No problemo. A millionaire mentor has already solved that problem. Here's what you say."

RING
RING

Hello?

Gary: "Yes ma'am. Can you HELP me? I don't want to waste your time. But I need your help!

Lady: What's wrong?

Gary: "My boss is CRAZY. He's out to get me. He's got me calling people on the phone to ASK stupid questions.

"Will you help me keep my job?

Lady now laughing: "Ok. Ok. What's so terrible
this big bad boss has you doing?

Gary: "Thank you. Well, see, he's running this BIG full page newspaper ad. And he wants to give away some FREE REports. You know. To sort of bribe people to call in.

"He's out having a beer. While I've gotta' call 100 home owners and ASK them which of his 25 STUPID Rpts is their Favorite.

"If I read down the list QUICK, can you tell me the one YOU like best? Then I promise I'll go away.

SMILING Lady - "Sure. I have a few minutes. Read me these STUPID Report Headlines.

=====================

Ok.

STOP.

As Gary reads down the headlines it comes out that his boss buys, sells, builds homes and apartments. But Gary never reveals he KNOWS the lady is in trouble.

In 72 calls the #1 FREE Rpt winner by far that foreclosed home owners wanted was:

"The 10 Biggest Mistakes Home Owners Make When Selling Their House & How I've Solved Them."

====================

Now that we KNOW what the scared foreclosed home owners really WANT.

I wrote the Report. A non-boring Rpt with Pizzazz.

STEP II - Gary calls his 72 voters back to Thank them and offer to send them a Free copy of the Special Rpt. A Thank you Reward - for their help.

Not a cold call.

STEP III - The #2 most requested Report is offered at the END of their FREE Rpt.

IV - Yet another REASON WHY to call the home owner and offer something VALUABLE - they really, truly want.

========================

This kinda' - sorta' REALLY - separates Gary from all the other rapscalians, sharks, lawyers and debt consolidation rodents harrassing the home owner.

They start asking questions and talking to Gary.

"You" plus "FREE" plus "ASK" are magic.

You can see we've gone on way too long in an effort to answer with a specific example.

So let's end.

You can see a letter full of "What's in it for you writing" - each of 4 audiotapes selling for $125 EACH at one of our current Ebay auctions.

"What Billionaires Know that Millionaires Don't"

A - We've been lucky enough to chat with a couple billionaires - Paul Meyer and Ken Varga

B - PLUS - Our 'billionaire watching club' finds dozens of billionaires DOING things they don't tell us about in their books. The secret BIG money stuff, of course.

Glenn Osborn
Millionaire Mastermind Marketing Association

P.S. - You'll notice - I'm not a hi-tech type. So the directions to the Ebay auction are here and in the optional link - below.

Something should work. (If not- my Ebay seller ID is gomarket1

==================

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2945996028&category=1468&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=1468&rd=1