SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old March 5, 2010, 01:27 AM
Profitscout

Default Re: Updated Harvey Brody Course?

Hi,

i'm a new member and my name is Mike.

How did i get here?

Well, as they say: when the student is ready the teacher(s) will appear ...

I recently heard about the concept of a toll gate jv and want to learn more about it.

Searching the net soon brought Harvey Brody and his Toll position to my attention.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any material around.

So i look forward to the new or updated course that is the topic of this thread.

Can anybody of you fill me in what this course will cover? When will it be released approximately?

And it also would be a great help, if you could point me to any other material dealing with Toll position, Harvey Brody's concepts / manuals or similar stuff.

Thank you in advance

Mike

Last edited by Profitscout : March 5, 2010 at 01:28 AM. Reason: typos
Old April 7, 2010, 11:54 AM
Bob Blagg

Default Dien: Any Word on the Updated Harvey Brody Course?

Hi Dien:

I was wondering if there is any new information regarding Harvey Brody's new updated Toll Position Course?

Do you have a time frame as to when it might finally be released?
Old April 8, 2010, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Default I can tell you ONE thing for certain Bob about Harvey's newest "deal"...

The one thing I know for certain about Harvey's project is:

It will NEVER see the light of day UNTIL it is 100% perfected and ready.

Not 99%. Not 98%. Not 97%.

You can be sure he has penciled it out, looked long and hard and is going to do it the "right" way the first time out.

Keep in mind Bob, unlike Internet or Offline marketing gurus, and in fact, unlike other businessmen...he doesn't HAVE to do it.

He doesn't HAVE to do it. He doesn't NEED to do it to stay in business.

He's doing it because he wants to, and in MY opinion, it's a legacy type of thing too, but that is just my opinion.

I do know he has a mindset regarding VIDEO. And unlike the Bob Serling's of the world who just grab a home camcorder and start yakking...Harvey is going to use professionals. He's going to have it well scripted, but it will sound so natural because he know's what he is talking about.

Harvey isn't like most of "those" guys who sell information, THEIR livelihoods depend on it...his doesn't.

YOU know it was hard for several years because Harvey just wasn't motivated to take time away from his on going business to do something he did thirty years ago.

NOW, as I understand it, he is ready to share his wisdom and insights into some of the most advanced money making techniques in the world.

But he won't, he can't...until it is 100% done to his satisfaction.

I assure you, Harvey is a one of a kind money making genius, totally independent of creating a constant product flow...

with NO employees.
Without a big warehouse, without dealing with the hoardes.

Without sending out email about the latest launch.

NOT one of these so-called Internet gurus can hold a candle to what he does. NO headaches. NO hassles. NO dependency on anyone.

So, I don't know when it will be ready. But I guarantee it will be sensational...and it won't be seen until Harvey says it is 100% ready to be seen.

HOPEFULLY, that will be sooner rather than later. He just had a birthday, and even though he's a young 78, and may be working when he's 100...there is only so much time in the day.

YOU are so much further along than most Bob, except for your mindset, and it was the thing drilled into my mind until I finally got it.

It begins and ends in your thinking.

Gordon Alexander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Blagg View Post
Hi Dien:

I was wondering if there is any new information regarding Harvey Brody's new updated Toll Position Course?

Last edited by GordonJ : April 8, 2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old April 9, 2010, 04:45 AM
Profitscout

Smile Re: Updated Harvey Brody Course?

Well, let's all hope Harvey stays in good health ...*-).

I'm not sure if i understand his motivation for sharing his experience / passing his knowledge at all.

It seems he isn't doing it for money reasons.

Does he want to help the people eager to learn from him?

Or does he want to create "perfect" stuff? As a sort of legacy perhaps?

Because from a students point of view "perfection" of materials / videos isn't really needed to transmit / teach the lessons ...

And don't we all agree on how imoportant it is to take action ... and not prepare / work endlessly to come up with something perfect?

So how about Dien and Gordon trying to make Mr. Brody realize the perfectness of imperfection ...???

Fire. Aim. Ready ...

Mike
Old April 9, 2010, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Default Well for most of us, I think you're right about some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profitscout View Post
Well, let's all hope Harvey stays in good health ...*-).

Harvey takes good care of himself, longevity runs in his family and he has the energy of a kid in a candy store.

I'm not sure if i understand his motivation for sharing his experience / passing his knowledge at all.

Well, my best guess is he wants to help people who are sincerely motivated to make it in this world, to make it. As for sharing his ecperience, he's already done that in his courses, and as dated as the material might be, the jist of the work, the essence, the meat is still very relevant, even his 06 work, that report, contained a lot of his knowledge in it.

BUT, I can't speak for Harvey regarding his "motivations".,

It seems he isn't doing it for money reasons.

Maybe. But from what I know, IF he's doing it, he expects and has planned for a huge ONGOING payday from his activities.

Does he want to help the people eager to learn from him?

Many are eager to learn...few are eager to do. That is, just like with anyone's knowledge and experience who share, he knows that many are readers, few are the doers.

He wants to help those people who are sincere, and one way, I THINK he measures that is by how willing they are to follow instructions to the letter...a feat too difficult for the majority. BUT, again, I can't speak for him, that is just my interpretation.

Or does he want to create "perfect" stuff? As a sort of legacy perhaps?

That has to do with how he operates. He's been that way, as far as I can tell, for his whole life. He had an experience at 10 which shaped and molded him. Coming from an engineering background, he builds things that are perfected, consider the recent Toyota brake pedal.

IF they had perfected the brake, as Toyota had done for decades, and not rushed it to market, they may still be in business. OH? They are?

Because from a students point of view "perfection" of materials / videos isn't really needed to transmit / teach the lessons ...

It is for the kind of student Harvey would want to teach. One problem I see all over the Internet is that the "masters" take on any student with the money...and that is fair market practices. But, again, you're not dealing with someone who HAS to make this product.

And don't we all agree on how imoportant it is to take action ... and not prepare / work endlessly to come up with something perfect?

NO! We do NOT all agree. See Mike, proper THINKING is the first ACTION...putting our brain cells in motion is the most important aspect of Harvey's material. Proper and Correct THINKING puts your actions on "auto pilot", one will automatically take the correct action once the thinking has been done.

I think MOST of us are used to the stuff put out by the "gurus", and that is one of their favorite mantras. DO SOMETHING, Take Action...but the difference is, they have to keep taking action and constantly and repeatedly create products and in many cases create demand. Harvey Brody has a 50 year plus history with just one product, and has scores of ADVANCED techniques which permit him to continue to operate in his safe harbor, while watching, nearly ALL other marketers stumble.

Sure, THEY know how to make some money...but many don't know how to keep it. Many don't know how to hit another home run. Many don't stay around for 50 years BECAUSE they just 'Did It'.

So how about Dien and Gordon trying to make Mr. Brody realize the perfectness of imperfection ...???

Never going to happen. Harvey Brody can NOT be cajoled, persuaded or influenced to do anything other than HIS way of doing it. HEY, we've worked hard for the last couple of years to get the information we have.

It was only last Summer that he really got excited about doing a project, up to then, he was working closely with me for my OWN good, and I've benefitted greatly from working with him.

It was only when I came around to the THINKING right way, that things started to happen.

Fire. Aim. Ready ...

I wish I could make him FIRE. But, it is his thing, being done HIS way, on his TERMS. I will say that the additional materials I've referred to over the years, and people have been able to pick up his course on eBay for pennies on the dollar (the OLD course, the orginal "Toll Position" course) and have run with that.

There are some great books, people and web sites (all of which I've pointed to in the last few years) that deal with licensing, product sourcing and distribution. And I've helped, or tried to help, a few people who actually went out and did something, beat the bushes and came up with products.

But the thing is, none of them had the right mind set in the beginning, it isn't about finding products, sourcing, or distribution.

It begins and ends in the mind. Will Harvey provide the step by step instructions in his new course? Probably. Will most people follow directions? NO. Will most people grasp his most important concept, about proper thinking? NO. Will we ever see this most advanced material? I don't KNOW.

But, there is plenty of Harvey HOW TO here at Sowpub, buried in the archives, that anyone with a FIRE, Aim, Ready mind set can make use of TODAY.
Gordon Alexander

Mike
Old April 9, 2010, 04:10 PM
Bob Blagg

Default Re: Updated Harvey Brody course?

Hi Gordon,

I want to Thank You!!! for all your insight and guidance.

I agree with you, 100% that I need to work on my Mindset and I am doing my best to get my mind right.

One thing that Harvey talks about is having a Safe Harbor and I think that is essential to succeeding.

One problem most of us have is that we are waiting for all the answers to all the questions, be for we start anything.

But as we all know not everything is ever going to be perfect so as you said people need to get off their backsides and actually do something and the answers will come.

Last edited by Dien Rice : April 9, 2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old April 9, 2010, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Default Bob, you've had NO problem finding prouducts.

and you now realize how easy it is to find products, albeit, not every find is great.

What Bob has learned and a couple of others the past couple of years is that we are nation full of inventors and creative types. Hundreds of thousands of products have been developed and abandon. Why?
Well, the inventor almost always thinks, EVERYONE will want one.

The reality is, getting a product to market isn't a piece of cake. And getting shelf space or distribution is often a sticking point.

But to Bob's credit, and to a couple of other people...at least you have been looking and trying.

NOW I may have been a stumbling block for some, my "hit the bal" style of teaching doesn't suit everyone, in fact, only about 10%...which is why I had 5 PGA professionals teaching for me.

I've got scores of hours of audio from Harvey that I listen to...and it was not easy for me to get my head around the MINDSET concpet too...I felt, like so many, just give the steps and I'll do it.

But what Harvey patiently taught me was, NO, the mindset is the answer, everything else can be learned.

What is the mindset? It is knowing and seeing and penciling out the result...then building a step by step ladder or "process" that will make the result happen...AUTOMATICALLY...if you build the rungs from the bottom of the building to the top...but, you must first clearly see the result from the top.

That just about sums up Harvey's "mindset" philosophy, but it requires a lot...NO, A LOT of thinking and figuring out what can go wrong, how to avoid that, how to PLAN, how to take the right action...before you ever take any.

It is why he doesn't need to be like the gurus, who are constantly "launching products" and reinventing themselves and coming up with the latest and greatest PITCH...because they have short term thinking put into their products. He OUTTHINKS them, and then when he pulls the trigger, there is NO need to scramble, he is prepared to deal with whatever comes up, whatever obstacles there are, whatever it is in his way...he's already prepared for that.

Bob (or any Toll Position seeker), my question would be...do you clearly see your goal and is it in writing for the next two years? Do you have all the steps planned out? Are your rungs on the side of the building built? IN YOUR MIND?

And if the answer is anything other than YES, then your project isn't Harvey Brody "approved". IF you have done the heavy thinking in the beginning, then you can march comfortably toward the goal knowing it is going to happen and when.

Gordon Alexander

Last edited by Dien Rice : April 9, 2010 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Fixed up
Old April 10, 2010, 11:28 AM
Bob Blagg

I agree with Gordon. The MINDSET is everything.

To put it in a way that I can relate to, when it comes to finding a Toll Position, you have to become Spock from Star Trek.

What I mean by that is like Gordon said, you must remove all emotion from your search for a great product and do everything logically.

And that is very hard to do.

Another thing that came to mind recently was what Harvey actually meant when he said to me that an item I told him about was not a Toll Position.

At the time I did not understand what he truly meant as I thought I had found a great product.

But last night while I was sitting and watching TV it came to me and I finally understood what Harvey really meant.

I finally released that there are Lousy Products, Good Products, Great Products and then there are TOLL POSITIONS!!!

But even more important was the fact that I finally understood what difference was.

Knowing this will make my road to finding a TRUE Toll Position much smoother and easier.

I want to Thank!!! both Harvey and Gordon for making me finally see the light.
Old April 11, 2010, 07:18 PM
Joetrevison

Maybe I can findly become rich if I get Brody stuff when it comes out. What you think?
Old April 13, 2010, 10:55 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Dien: Any Word on the Updated Harvey Brody Course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Blagg View Post
Hi Dien:

Hi Bob,

Sorry for my delayed reply... The project is progressing along. There is no set date for when the new course will appear, however.

Keep in mind, a project like this is not just about writing a course. You also have to plan and build the infrastructure around selling the course, providing customer service, and so on. We also have to make sure we have systems in place to satisfy all government regulations. In the end, we want to make sure that everyone is happy, and that we end up with customer "elation"!

As you know, Harvey currently runs an extremely successful business, with only two others (it's a 3-person company). He does that by utilizing his knowledge of "toll positions" - in multiple ways. Did you know, knowing about "toll positions" can even help many people in paid employment? I've been amazed by how widely applicable Harvey's concepts are...!

Anyhow, as Gordon has said before, Harvey is not a "Ready, Fire, Aim!" kind of person. Any new business he starts proceeds along a plan which has proven itself successfully, over and over, countless times in the past.

All this planning means that his businesses typically keep making money for decade after decade (as long as he wants to keep running them)... He doesn't have to "reinvent" himself every year or two...

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : April 14, 2010 at 03:50 PM.