SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 30, 2015, 09:57 AM
teamplayer

Default Re: "Secret" Niche that pays $15,000 + per Mo!

Hi Rick,
I did do a few videos for the FSBO niche and
they did get on page one just like Don said.
Results were mixed and I need to do more.
You have a point about youtube channels.
I would think if you have a big active channel
with a lot of viewers, that may be a factor in
ranking.
I have no doubt at all about the value
of getting a video on page one for popular
contractor or service niches. Provided you
have a decent converting quality video.
Google "Alex becker" "Sourcewave" he is
an expert on this if anyone is. He just did
a webinaw in which he showed people
are making a TON of money ranking for
low competition searches like miami mobile
dent repair. They are selling leads from
these sites for $30 to $300 depending on
the niche and making thousands a month.
The main reason he said some people do
not get leads is a low quality site.
Becker himself, has made tens of thousands
ranking for terms like Plano Rhinoplasty
Apparently, leads like that are BIG BUCKS
and no one else is going for it, at least
untill he spilled the beans.
All of you should check out Beckers free
videos. Your mouth will be hanging open!
google Alex Becker Sourcewave
Old April 30, 2015, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Default There is nothing wrong with asking questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC View Post
Trevor, there is NOTHING wrong with your question. It is perfectly valid. If anything, NOBODY asks enough questions. And you should feel free to ask one without feeling like you're attacking someone.
I don't see Helton, McKinney, or anyone else showing the proof of this. NOT saying it doesn't work, but l like to see results instead of words.

Very good point RickC.

I appreciate enthusiasm as much as anybody, but... like Reagan said, "Trust, but VERIFY."

Now, a pin in a balloon, and I would need independent studies to persuade me otherwise (and I can be persuaded) someone other than SEO maestros to show me evidence that there is a significant difference between page one and page two (or deeper) of Google when it comes to influencing people to make a decision when it comes to spending anything over 1k bux.

Maybe a video gets looked at, maybe it stands out, and maybe being at the top of the page, under the PAID advertising offers a difference in the number of the leads a business gets...

But anecdotal evidence tells me most people are going to make a little more effort when spending 2k for Botox or 7k for a roof, etc., in finding information and making the actual DECISION to buy.

My experience wants qualified buyers, and lead generation is often called a numbers game, the more lookers does not translate into more buyers.

So, I agree with RickC, you should ask questions, but also, ask the fundamental questions of yourself, that is, what do you want and why.

Some others have been here a long time, and seem to jump pretty high in the air when many of these new or unknown opportunities come along, and some have become known as Shiny Objects, which look good, but if they can not be easily fitted into what you are already doing...

you have a basic problem or otherwise, you'd be working on the opportunity you decided to do a year or two or 5 or 10 ago.

So ask questions, but make one of those:

What does this opportunity I'm "excited" about today mean to my overall goal and is it a real possibility or another green pasture I want to flee to?

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : April 30, 2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old April 30, 2015, 10:05 AM
Don Alm

"Ray The Video Guy" has a YT Channel called "Best Utah Businesses" and probably has over 100 of his Videos Ranking on Page 1 for the respective KeyWords.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BestUtahBusinesses/videos

I bought a couple of Ray's Courses and Iam SURE he is being Paid by his Clients.

He controls the Phone Numbers (Twilio or CallFire) and if someone stops paying he re-direct the calls to someone else.

Don Alm
Old April 30, 2015, 10:42 AM
Don Alm

My "Student" found 2 guys who gave her some help Ed Browne and Kevin Wilke and....she does a lot more than just Video for her clients.

And.....thanks for the "Source Wave" mention. Looks like this guy is for real.

Don Alm
Old April 30, 2015, 03:03 PM
teamplayer

Thanks Don,
I am going to take a look at Rays courses.
As I mentioned before, if you guys want to see some of the possiblities
videos or websites check out Becker.
Go to http://source-wave.com/ and scroll down to the videos.
In one video he found in Italy it is easy to rank for the most basic stuff
and google allows it. He calls it the Italian Loophole. This guy is amazing
has a huge following.
Old May 1, 2015, 06:00 PM
RickC

Right Don. I am very picky on who I follow and listen to. And Trevor, thanks for the link. I will look into this.

I understand the concept of ranking a video. They are eye-catching and SHOULD provide good leads for any business who makes them or rents them.

I'm just tired of hearing and reading concepts. I like to see and hear or read about ACTUAL results. What are people making? What are the pluses and minuses. I don't mind the work, but if I work then I want results for my client and myself.

The fact that both of you willingly mentioned some niches is cool. I don't think it matters if anyone mentions the type of business they work in, for the most part. You know why? Most people will read about it and do nothing anyway. And even if others jumped on the boat, there is certainly enough business out there to go around in this great country of ours.

I'll check out Source Wave. Thanks so much for sharing the source.
Old May 3, 2015, 05:23 PM
OddBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post
"Ray The Video Guy" has a YT Channel called "Best Utah Businesses" and probably has over 100 of his Videos Ranking on Page 1 for the respective KeyWords.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BestUtahBusinesses/videos

I bought a couple of Ray's Courses and Iam SURE he is being Paid by his Clients.

He controls the Phone Numbers (Twilio or CallFire) and if someone stops paying he re-direct the calls to someone else.

Don Alm

REALLY...just checked his vids, most have bugger all views ...like 15 views on average and some of these vids are near on 1 year old...

the MOST viewed video i can see is: Utah DUI Lawyer vid has 242 views ...& its on G's 3rd page...

I have been doing something along thses lines...BUT ranking for the 1st spot in YT, AND...this niche i've picked i can prove that prospects are going to YT for seaches.

However selling/renting to the biz owner is NO easy task, so i'm working/doing a deal on suppling the leads...

BTW, Don...today i listerned to some old Gary Halbert stuff i bought of ebay many moons ago...CAN YA belive ya name DON ALM came up

...it was really interesting cos ya were making a bundle, Joe Polish kept asking for more details...BUT...AH AH of course Gary wouldn't say anymore!

SO now ya FAMOUS in me eyes!

Actully the whole recording is NOT ONLY HIGHLY TOP NOTCH marketing info ...but freaking hilarious, your sadly missed GARY! RIP

I'm NOT having a pop at ANYONE in this post, Just doing what Gordon said a bit of Reagan's, "Trust, but VERIFY."
Old May 3, 2015, 07:02 PM
Don Alm

Yup.....I got to know Gary and learned lot from him.....I even partnered with him in a business project. Talk about "Going for the Gusto!".....Gary did in all his stuff.

Also.....2 years ago (2013) I bought a program called "Offline Legion" from Ryan McKinney (Dare Devil Marketing) In it RyMc tells us "Video Marketing" guys to

1) Choose a Niche and get a PLR video commercial for that Niche
2) Use a Twilio or CallFire phone number and add a "whisper effect" (that announces the call is coming because of you (Here's another Lead from ____) and then it puts the calll thru so the client fully knows why the call is coming thru)
3) Choose a Client to send the calls to then.....when your phone server shows 4, 5 or more calls have gone in.....call the Client and tell him you were the cause of the Lead Calls that came in and.....if he'd like to continue it will cost X$.
5) If this client, that you chose at random, refuses to continue.....have the phone calls go to another client in the same niche

I KNOW RyMc has done this and he inspired ME to do this with some of my clients.

Also.....there's another "old" program called "Cash Volcano" that explains how to sell Video Commercials to put on webSites. Nothing to do with "Ranking and getting Leads".....just putting Video Commercials ON websites to help make the business "look more Professional" and "Stand out from Competition"!

Also.....Ray Lane has created HUNDREDS of Videos for clients (still is)...for which he's been highly paid. Same with Mark Helton and David Cisneros.

However.....these guys have found that having a BIG List to sell "Video" stuff to is quite a bit more lucrative than selling to individual biznesses.

Don Alm

Also...you might want to check out "Rapid Pro Sites" by Gene Pimental. In that Gene has WebSites WITH a Video selling a Free Report to capture Leads and.....his way of selling Clients is to place FOUR (4) clients thumbnails on the home page.....contact each of the 4 telling them about your Lead-Gen website and.....you've sent a note to each of the 4 and first one who wants to be the ONLY one.....getting ALL the Leads.....gets it. Pretty unique and....powerful because this stirs up the "Greed Glands"

Last edited by Don Alm : May 3, 2015 at 07:15 PM.
Old May 4, 2015, 06:20 AM
OddBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post

However.....these guys have found that having a BIG List to sell "Video" stuff to is quite a bit more lucrative than selling to individual biznesses.

Yeah exactly that's why these guys sell these courses, a lot easier than approaching biz owners!

I've been doing offline biz for 5 years and i scratch a living out of it, so always like reading ya posts Don to get ideas flowing...

Keep em coming....

BTW, I done some research into ''The Giant Video Thumbnail On The Top Of 1st Page Of Google'' ...and yeah it can be done, there is a lady that does this, it takes a hell of a lot of work its COSTLY and there are NO guarantees.