SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old February 3, 2020, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Default Getting attention. The ways and means, and the HOW and why.

Let's talk transactions. The exchange of value, moolah, things, ideas...but mostly money.

You want money. Eh?

First thing, from WHOM? And how much? What will you give or exchange for receiving this money? You know, basic stuff, right?

All transactions begin with getting attention. And it is getting harder by the day. OH, we can get it easily enough, any given day 1001 things will get our BRIEF attention, but to enable a transaction, you must keep their attention, long enough to get to the exchange.

The complete micro-mini course goes like this:

You must create a way to gain attention, mainly via a PREOCCUPATIONAL INTERRUPTER. A brick through their front window sort of thing. Then you hold and keep their attention until they DO what you want. Mostly BUY from you.

But few go back to the brick in the hand before it gets tossed through the glass. What exactly is the preoccupation you are breaking? And how can you then resonate with person once you have interrupted them?

The effective way to get a sale, or a transaction, is to be in synch, in harmony with the person's state of mind regarding a given thought, or some would argue problem.

As I wrote 25 years ago, Alert them to the dragon. Then introduce the dragon slayer. Or any number of variations. I also like to take them across the drawbridge into the castle where they get what they want, whatever that is.

Gaining attention is the vital first step. And it is mostly within your control.

Gaining and holding attention is the secret of mega successful writers like J.K. Rowling and Stephen King. Or great copywriters or advertising people. Or salespeople.

Sales are lost when the attention is lost, and as often as not it is when it becomes less about them and their "dragon" and more about you and making a sale.

A good preoccupational interrupter will capture attention and resonate and flow into guided attention, like a ride at Disney, where the guide points out what you should look at, at the exact time something happens...when the dinosaur comes out of the wall, or the shark attacks the glass.

So, any comments?

GordonJ
Old February 3, 2020, 11:32 PM

Default Send a Thank You Reward Case Of CONFETTI CANNON

Thanks Gordon,

It takes a Lot More to Grab Attention
than it used to!

(I got this idea from the CEO of T-Mobile - John Legere)

#1 - Guaranteed ATTENTION - Thank Reward Confetti Cannon.

Call IN ADVANCE.

#2 - WARN the Secretary The CANNON is coming. And offer to send her
the Page of

"Confetti Cannon Safety Directions"

Based on Your Own Experiences.

DEAFENING people.

Shooting confetti on the roof by mistake.

Bank Manager MAD at me. Husband shot it off in House. SHE HAD TO CLEAN UP.

#3 - Receptionist - Secretary URGENTLY gives me her Email address.

#4 - I Send a Thank You Note to Her Boss. Which contains a page of 7 Figure ideas SIMILAR to What his Website says they ALREADY do.

Plus The SAFETY DIRECTIONS.

Entertain Receptionist and Secretaries
until they Hand the Phone to Their Boss and Say, "Here. He sent The CASE of Confetti Cannon to YOU."

YOU TALK to Him While he or she is Smiling and Laughing.

#5 - Appointment to Discuss which of page of 7 Figure Ideas he wants
to know more about.

Glenn

P.S. - I got 5 New Clients in 14 days with this idea.

Just S*old a Copy of the "Confetti Cannon APPOINTMENT GETTING SYSTEM to a Eye Doctor in Australia. Who wants to get appointments with Shooting club Managers. And Golf Club CEO's.
Old February 4, 2020, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Getting attention. The ways and means, and the HOW and why.

Thanks Glenn !

I remember you talking about the confetti cannon. I appreciate you letting us know your success with it.

As always, you not only discuss, but do.

BTW, excited that I found some old audio tapes where I discussed a lot of high impact marketing ideas and methods... this discussion is just the place where I can share the info as I review it.

I'll let you know what I find.
Old February 4, 2020, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Default Just reading Glenn's posts here, would give one a valuable education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Thanks Glenn !

I remember you talking about the confetti cannon. I appreciate you letting us know your success with it.

As always, you not only discuss, but do.

BTW, excited that I found some old audio tapes where I discussed a lot of high impact marketing ideas and methods... this discussion is just the place where I can share the info as I review it.

I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks Millard, we will look forward to the "lost" treasures you uncover.

The thing I like about Glenn's shares here is we often get to find out the result. If anyone wanted a great course on NLP and attention gaining, a day here reading through Glenn's posts would do the trick, I know I've learned a lot from him.

We welcome any discussions about high impact marketing, something we all want.

Gordon
Old February 5, 2020, 08:28 AM

One of the best marketing packages I ever heard about was from a friend of mine years ago in Memphis.

Charles Hale was a magician looking to book some high-end shows in the corporate field. What he did was send a very expensive package (which cost about $100 each) to ten corporate meeting planners.

In each package was a top hat with a rabbit holding a fan of cards. On each card was a benefit of having Charles perform at any of their events, along with plenty of testimonials.

Beside getting a ton of shows, Charles was offered a very nice executive salaried position (along with a car) for a local ad agency.

He took the job.
Old February 5, 2020, 08:32 AM

I forgot to mention one thing.

Even though Charles Hale's package mailer was pricey, his payoff was well worth it.

This made a deep impact for me.

It doesn't matter what a package costs, as long as it gets the results you want.

That has paid off for me many times over the years.

I'll tell more stories as we go along.