SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 11, 2018, 09:28 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Does Cambridge Analytica have your personal details? Find out here...

You may have heard of how Cambridge Analytica illegally obtained the Facebook information of 87 million people... That's quite a large chunk of people...

Naturally, you probably want to know if you're one of the people whose details were illegally obtained by Cambridge Analytica (the Steve Bannon/Robert Mercer operation)...

You can now check... You do that by going to the following web address. You will have to log into your Facebook account, or already be logged in... This will let you know if, according to Facebooks current records, whether your details were obtained by Cambridge Analytica...

(This is a link directly from Facebook, so Facebook won't get any more details they don't already have...)

https://m.facebook.com/help/18736653...mbridge&sr =1

(I checked for myself, and luckily, I somehow escaped having my details taken...)

Best wishes,

Dien
Old April 16, 2018, 12:59 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: Does Cambridge Analytica have your personal details? Find out here...

The Trump Campaign had to pay for the data but back in 2012 Facebook let the Obama Campaign keep and use everyone's data for free... Double Standards.

Old April 16, 2018, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Default Over a century of double standards, two-faced politicians and the corporations who

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSki View Post
The Trump Campaign had to pay for the data but back in 2012 Facebook let the Obama Campaign keep and use everyone's data for free... Double Standards.

who serve them.

100 years since the end of WW I, the war to end all wars. The start of the USA military industrial complex there is no escaping from today. War is profitable.

As for double standards in Corporations, it is the reason we have so many lobbyists. Facebook may pay (as they should) at the bar where their stocks trade. It really is the only weapon we have, to use our pocketbooks to say enough.

Younger people are fleeing Facebook, it has become OLD, and who doesn't hate all the ads. NEW social media will grow.

But as for data breaches and use of our personal information, a couple of points. 30 years ago, you got mail, and once they figured out how you voted, you got BOMBARDED with political messages and solicitations for funding.

YOU were on a list (probably several). These lists were rented and used by politicians and CORPORATIONS trying to sell you stuff.

The big thing is, if they have your data, you've given them permission to use it, who reads TOS and Privacy Policies when downloading a FREE software, for example.

I've written about this for decades and told the story of Charlie Green in 1969 and his very accurate, albeit paranoid conspiracy theorist view, prediction we'd someday be DATA, and we are. Charlie was right.

As for being persuaded politically, I'm dubious about the effectiveness, show me proof that a given group was persuaded to change sides.

Politicians have been in bed with Big CORP for well over a century, Titans of Industry have always contributed their time, money and when possible THEIR INFLUENCE,

even if it is just ACCESS

the their people, be it employees, followers, customers or vendors.

Influence peddling is SOP in politics, world wide. There is no FAIR.

There is no HIGHER GROUND, it is all bull****, no side, no left/right or center has any stronger moral fitness than the other.

They are all dupicitious, self serving and do what they can for themselves.

Zuckerberg, Musk, Bezos, three of the most dangerous men in America today, and another 101 of the elite, the illuminati (as it is), all are complicit in how things work in politics, government and in life.

F*ck em all. Both sides.

GordonJ

PS. I still get ads for baby items, cause Mark, Jeff and et al, still have me as a one time teen mom, now with a toddler, because that is what my DATA told them I was. Fun stuff and thank you Charlie Green.