SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old December 10, 2016, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Default Your 2016 Christmas Gift, Part One

Your gift this year? The best year (2017) you've ever had IF

You stay healthy, the Creek don't rise and you APPLY the gift.

The gift: The Foundation of Persuasion. It is for:

1) Face to face persuaders.
2) Remote persuaders; TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, Internet including web sites, social media, webinars, etc
3) Group Persuaders 2 to 2 Million or more. If persuading groups of people, either by Direct or Remote means, this gift is for you.

Master the Foundation of Persuasion and you'll see your bottom line improve dramatically.

THE two things you must grasp:

A- People are PREOCCUPIED with themselves
B- To persuade and influence them you must BREAK their Preoccupation and HOLD their attention.

Difference in breaking Pre-Occupation and getting attention?

True story metaphor: Last year in NYC I'm hurrying down the street with my daughter and some guy starts yelling, "Hey, HEY, hey!" I stopped and turned to look, she didn't. She looked back and asked what I was doing, and she said I'd get used to that. She didn't even hear the guy.

Sort of like SPAM, Facebook Clickbait ads, many web sites who are simply yelling LOOK AT ME. It becomes background noise we don't even notice.

BUT, if I were anywhere in the world and I heard someone yelling:

"Hey Gordon HEY Gordon Jay Alexander, hey GordieRooski", my PREOCCUPATION will be broken.

So part one is to break the preoccupation and then, HOLD ATTENTION.

Look, I'm old school selling with A I D C A S
Attention
Interest
Desire
Conclusion
Action
Satisfaction (where the back ends and lifetime value are)

But now, only TWO things to concern myself with-BREAKING Pre_______ and HOLD_____ A________

So, what are people Preoccupied about?

THREE types: Immediate--Life--Gender Specific

The immediate mind thoughts are often superficial and focused on the task at hand, like eating lunch or doing a job.

LIFE preoccupations are more about what meaning you want for your life

And gender specific are often the cause of stress in relationships because some gender preoccupations are at odds between the sexes.

Best shortcut to Knowing Basic preoccupations is:

https://www.google.com/search?q=masl...-hALUQ_AUIBigB

This is also a great tool for finding NICHES to market to.

Basically, the Maslow Pyramid also represents Income Elevation, people at the top usually make more money than at the base. At the top a person will spend 35k to go to a Tony Robbins event on his island, at the bottom, they might spend 10 bux for one of his used books. See?

Also, using the Foundation of Persuasion can make it just as easy to sell a high ticket item as easy as it is to sell a low priced item, just depends on HOW you target your given prospect's preoccupation.

Well worth your studies:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Maslow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow...archy_of_needs

So, if you spend a week on LEARNING what people are preoccupied with, then you would KNOW...

NOT to write a landing page telling who you are and what you know BEFORE telling them Whats In It for YOU (the reader, visitor).

Tell me quick and tell me true, or my love, the hell with you.

Now Breaking Preoccupation also has a timing element to it. This is the WHEN you hear the guy yelling your name. If I just got on a ferry to leave Coronado for San Diego, even a semi nude sweetie screaming my name is NOT going to get me to jump in and try to swim back (cause I can't swim very well). And why is it, when it is ME, they always wait until I'm a couple hundred yards out???

So the where and when is very IMPORTANT. I call this the INTERSECTION as seen on the PictoGrigm of Persuasion:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/pop.html

Because you know your target's preoccupation, you can then create an Intersection which gives you the optimal chance of

A- BREAKING ----------------- and
B- Holding -----------------

You know what is on their mind
You know when and where they will intersect
You then build your ATTEMPT at Persuasion to HOLD their attention until your call to action.

End of Part ONE. Ask questions or comment if you want.

Part two will be in a few days.

Gordon (or just Hey You, if from a familiar feminine voice with sexy overtones) Alexander

Last edited by GordonJ : December 10, 2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old December 10, 2016, 04:55 PM
perryny

Default Re: Your 2016 Christmas Gift, Part One

You need a Thanks button, Gordon.

Thanks! And a Best 2017 to you too!

-Robert
Old December 10, 2016, 09:21 PM
MVc5hws

Default Re: Your 2016 Christmas Gift, Part One

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryny View Post
You need a Thanks button, Gordon.

Thanks! And a Best 2017 to you too!

-Robert

I made one for you

Copy and paste this code if you want to use the button

HTML Code:
[url="https://streamable.com/xmlh"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MPdjeRH.png[/IMG][/url]

And thanks Gordon, very useful. Looking forward to part 2

Last edited by MVc5hws : December 10, 2016 at 10:21 PM.
Old December 11, 2016, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Your 2016 Christmas Gift, Part One A lesson of niche.

Weight loss. Huge market. Coming upon the season. Jan to Mar. BIG on weight loss.

So, here is one of the most entered into markets, and has some of the highest failure rates? Why?

Because

The INTERSECTION has all these vendors yelling HEY, HEY YOU

I'm a senior, but I am not part of the senior market, and recently a lady who said her market was "seniors" got a piece of my mind. We may be of the same age, but that could be the only thing we have in common, so if you think you are in the "seniors" market...FAIL.

OK. 27 year old woman, 20 pounds over her weight, has a 10 year HS reunion next year.

Another 27 year old, mother of three, just had twins last year and can't take the weight off, 20 pounds.

Most weight loss marketers would treat them the same. Would you?

Listen, losing weight is NOT a secret: Burn more calories than you consume.

Diet and exercise. That's it. Yet, there are always 15 top current diet/weight loss strategies, but if you want to do well in this market, you must use what you know about the person (singular) then find a group of them, see?

Many Facebook and other groups of class reunions. Can target 10, 20 even 50 year reunions, but the 10 year is the one you want if you are selling a quick weight loss product.

The young mother needs a totally different PREOCCUPATIONAL INTERRUPTER than the reunion person. Different preoccupations.

The INTERSECTION would look different too, so rather than be in a crowd of vendors yelling Hey YOU, fat guy. Fatso, come here.

You will be the one yelling, Hey Gordon, you need a custom designed program just for you.

Is there more work involved? Well, it is an evergreen market, and there is a parade of 10 year class reunions, and there are always people who want to drop the love handles before they go home, you tell me?

Knowing how to differentiate the niches by their preoccupations gives you the best chance to succeed where so many others fail.

You could have a weight loss product, but if you niche them down and create a custom intersection for each one, you'll have several evergreen niches to market, mostly with a promotion you've written once.

Gordon