SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 23, 2018, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Default THE ONE secret to making money and business success IS...

First, a glance at failure, be it Toys-R-Us or Mama Jane's hair salon down the street...

90% of failure comes from (5% from death and family crisis and 5% from outmoded)

a lack of cash flow. Simply put, more bills than income. The fixed debt vs the fluid income. It doesn't take long for a business to get behind and be playing catch-up for months and even years to come.

When distilled down further, it is about NEW CUSTOMERS and OLD ones buying.

Customer acquisition is the secret, customer retention (and them buying from you) is the other side of the sword. BOTH are important in most businesses other than a one off, a fad, an impulse buy.

If you offer 10 dollar reports like I do, or 100k investment ops like others here do, it is all about making sales at a rate faster than expenses. Of course, with small reports, I pay $2.95 per month for my website, so it doesn't take much to stay ahead of that fixed expense.

HOW do you get new customers?
HOW do you keep them and get them to buy more and more?

Well, we'll tell you, the we being my "apprentice" Matt, who is flehsing out his report on customer acquisition and retention. He is seeking your problems, concerns or even your success at getting new customers and keeping old ones buying.

So, you can ask questions here, or send me an email, and if you want, you will be included in the new report. Or maybe you just need some detailed answers for your own business.

I find it a lacking principle especially in the IM make money online world, or even in the world of biz-op and think it has to do with a lack of business knowledge to begin with.

I was lucky, I guess, I was too "dumb" to take college prep classes in high school so had to take such "dummies" classes as business math, salesmanship, business writing, speed reading and typing. We learned how to balance a check book, and read a business report while some of my college bound friends still can't balance their bank accounts.

Anyhow, I think the basis of a good business or money making idea is to build on a solid foundation of DEMAND, who wants what you have in mind?

Start with who your customer is going to be, then INTERSECT with that person (or entity) on their own tracks and present them a targeted promotion.

Do you have any questions for Matt or myself?

Your NET profit generator has to stay ahead of debt and expenses, do you want to know how?

Gordon