SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old December 2, 2020, 07:38 AM

Default The difference of Facebook Marketplace VS Facebook Feed?

Pros,

I am running an specific AD for a specific product (Kid Toy) on Facebook FEEDS, I got poor results (that means ZERO sales).

But, I am testing the same AD on Facebook Marketplace, and I am getting interesting results (that means SALES).

So this made me thinking...

The Facebook Marketplace, I consider it what really is: a digital place of mixed Classified ADS Section + Market Fairs (the name "Marketplace" says it all).

- The Facebook FEEDS, I consider it: a digital place of mixed TV, Magazines, Newspaper and direct-mail.

So, based on your experience, what you would consider the difference Psychology on buyers that respond on ADS on Facebook Marketplace VS Facebook Feed?

Basically, I would consider it is the same question:

What the difference of buyers that buy via Classified ADS + Market Fairs VS TV, Magazines, Newspaper and direct-mail.

For my own experience, I would say:

• People who are on Classified ADS are proactive searching for something. On Market fairs, people are looking for bargains and unusual stuff.

• People who buy from TV, Magazines, Newspapers, direct-mail, the ADS they see have to be good, and that means an AD with a LOT of benefits. Maybe on Classified ADS and on Market Fairs there isn't a big need to have a good AD. (I am using the same AD - image and copy - for Facebook FEEDS and for Facebook Marketplace. The ADS are the same).

Your thoughts?

Thanks!

P.S. I forgot to mention that on Facebook FEED I am targeting people who already "interacted with ads".

Last edited by MikePT : December 2, 2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old December 3, 2020, 11:39 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: The difference of Facebook Marketplace VS Facebook Feed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Pros,

I am running an specific AD for a specific product (Kid Toy) on Facebook FEEDS, I got poor results (that means ZERO sales).
Hi Mike,

Just wanted to say this is a GREAT post and I plan to reply soon...!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old December 3, 2020, 11:59 AM

Thank you so much Dien!
Old December 4, 2020, 03:46 AM
Huntington

Hi! I have been lurking around here and found a great amount of helpful info, so for once I wanted to add something from me.

In the Ads Manager you can see and analyze the effectiveness of ads in campaigns conducted in Facebook applications and services. Attribution on Facebook allows you to measure the effectiveness of conversions as a result of ads published in Facebook applications and services and with various publishers. If you notice discrepancies between the reports in Facebook Attribution and Ads Manager, we recommend checking the default settings first:

Date ranges: Check that the reporting period in Facebook Attribution is the same as the date range in Ads Manager.

Attribution ranges: Check that the same attribution range is selected in both Facebook Attribution and Ads Manager. The Ads Manager offers only 3 attribution ranges, while the Facebook Attribution offers more options.

Attribution models: Check which model of attribution you use in Facebook
Attribution. Note that the Ad Manager uses the attribution model of the last point of contact.

Conversion events: In Facebook Attribution you can select a conversion event to measure in the attribution reports. Make sure that the conversion you are interested in coincides with the conversion event visible in the Results column in the Ad Manager.

Hope it helps too!
Old December 4, 2020, 11:19 AM

Hi Huntington,

Thanks for the reply.

I only use the ADS Manager app, I can't stand (well, I simply hate!) managing Facebook ads on the computer browser. I see is too much complex, I prefer to keep using only the iOs app to manage it.

UPDATE: more 2 products is happening the same: poor sales advertised on Facebook FEEDS but nice sales on Facebook MARKETPLACE. Same images and same copy. Marketplace however can't be defined the Market, is simply +18 years old, Man and Women and +40km around me. And I am selling by mail, I am not meeting with people to give them on their hands. Only by mail.

Last edited by MikePT : December 4, 2020 at 01:09 PM.
Old December 4, 2020, 05:59 PM

Default Thanks for Explaining Your FaceBook Tests MikePR

Thanks Mike,

You are Doing a Great Job of SPLIT Testing.

Jim Straw would be Proud.

500 Million Dollar Mentor, Jim Straw and I used To SWAP Ideas.

He told me (Confidentially) that he and the Other Gurus Selling on Facebook and
other Social Media Get LEADS on-line. But CLOSE THEM where there is almost NO COMPETITION.

SNAIL MAIL.

Jim built his million Name Buyers list this way.

WITH THAT SAID.

You Have Proven - By Split Testing - You CAN Make Money on Facebook Marketplace.

So.

Here are 3 Things You Can Do That Have BOOSTED Facebook Results for
3 Different Clients - Realtor, No Poison Landscaper, Lady Who is Selling a Book of Celebrity Recipes.

#1 - Find Someone Who is Running Ads Who Is a Competitor of Yours. Who Has a Better Ad. Longer Running. He runs the ad over and over. (Which means it is PROFITABLE)

ADAPT and BORROW The Underlying Psychology of what he is saying.

#2 - Look For Facebook MarketPlace Advertisers Selling Something ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from you - But to The SAME CUSTOMER.

ADAPT what they say in your Offer.

#3 - Use Better NLP. (Neuro Linguistic Programming)

426 Million Mentor - WALTER HAILY told me, "Glenn, You Cannot Succeed in Sales today without NLP. Print or face to face or phone.)

A Couple years ago - You Could BEAT the Pants off of other Advertisers Using
Trance Commands.

***Try This...
***Dream what You Might Do
***Imagine Your Kids having fun with ______,

But TODAY - Everybody is Using That Stuff.

In Our Billionaire Watching Club - We Discovered...

All 10 of these Self Made Billionaires are Using the Psychological Concept - INVISIBLE COMPETITION.

Warren Buffet
Jerry Seinfeld
Steve Jobs
J. K Rowling
Donald Trump
Disneyland Imagineers
George Lucas
Steven Spielburg
James Patterson - 800 Million
Richard Branson

FIRST BILLIONAIRE - Andrew Carnegie Discovered
and Used COMPETITION in 100's of places all thru his Steel Mills.

What I call, "Carnegie Competition" Is The FACT that all of us are Unconsciously Competitive.

Try Passing a Car - They SPEED UP! (I got a ticket this way once. The Officer was UNsympathic to My Explanation. "But They SPED UP!")

YOU SAY,

"Ok.
Fine. How do I Use that in My Facebook MarketPlace Ads?

Well.

I Dunno What Niches You sell in.

But a few of MY NICHES Are:

Pain Relief
Turning Gray Hair Back to Natural Color with 2 Vitamins
Instant Extra Energy - without Drugs
Flirting to Attract Moolah
Flirting using Body Language - without Words to Pick Up Women
Extra Moolah from Home - Proven ideas from around the World

PICK ONE.

"Gray Hair Back to Black or Brown with 2 Vitamins - no side effects"

Headline -
"90 Year Old Dad Discovered 2 Vitamins That Kept His Hair Black So He Looked Younger." Email Me (Leave VM) for Free Report Full of Retiree Testimonials. Called, "You Look Good. Did You Cut Your Hair?"

OK.

You get the idea.

But Did You SPOT the Invisible Competition?

Readers Think:

a - "Wow - if a 90 Year old can do it - I can Look Younger too.

b - "Sounds Good but I want PROOF. I'm gonna ask for the Free Report.

c - "I'd LOVE to Look Younger than My Bitchy Girl friends.

Thanks,
Glenn

P.S. - You Should Be Able to KICK BUTT with this Because Not a Lot of People Know how to use "Carnegie Competition."
Old December 5, 2020, 12:01 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default I mainly used Facebook advertising for events...

Quote:
Pros,

But, I am testing the same AD on Facebook Marketplace, and I am getting interesting results (that means SALES).

So this made me thinking...
Hi Mike,

This is such an awesome post...

Now, while I have advertised on Facebook feeds I have never advertised on Facebook marketplace... So that's new information to me!

Also, my Facebook advertising has primarily been local event advertising (advertising gigs for a band I manage)... So that's also a different "kettle of fish"!

(My local music gig advertising was pre-pandemic...)

I also did advertise a free opt-in info-product (for writers)... I should do more of that... I did that to build an email list... I ended up with over 500 people on that specific email list, all from Facebook...

I have found Facebook can potentially be quite powerful if you use it wisely! But... it can also be a big money sink if you don't know what you're doing!

Thanks for sharing, Mike!

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : December 5, 2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old December 5, 2020, 02:29 PM

Thanks Dien.
Old December 7, 2020, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Default I don't do Facebook ads.

Quote:
Hi Huntington,

Thanks for the reply.

I only use the ADS Manager app, I can't stand (well, I simply hate!) managing Facebook ads on the computer browser. I see is too much complex, I prefer to keep using only the iOs app to manage it.

UPDATE: more 2 products is happening the same: poor sales advertised on Facebook FEEDS but nice sales on Facebook MARKETPLACE. Same images and same copy. Marketplace however can't be defined the Market, is simply +18 years old, Man and Women and +40km around me. And I am selling by mail, I am not meeting with people to give them on their hands. Only by mail.

Well, then...keep testing. Looks like Facebook Marketplace might be right for you.

Gordon

PS Asked for this opinion by OP.
Old December 7, 2020, 12:43 PM

Thanks Gordon.