SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

View Poll Results: Should we use "threaded" views on the main forum page, or keep things as they are?
Please change the forum to implement "threaded" views (see example in the post below) 23 85.19%
Please don't change anything, leave things as they are now 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 11, 2006, 06:54 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default I need your help and feedback...

I can alter the current forum to look a bit more like the "old" Sowpub forum, so you can see "threads" from the front page...

In fact, here's a forum which has done it, so you can see what it looks like...

http://www.spiritwood.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

(I should be able to change the text size, so don't worry about the text being too small...)

The question is - do you prefer this "other" threaded look? Or do you like the forum as it is right now?

Please let me know what you think! (And feel free to post why you like one way or the other way...)

I've set up a poll - so please let me know your vote! (At present, you do need to be registered and logged in to vote...)

Thanks for your help and feedback!

- Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : September 11, 2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old September 11, 2006, 06:59 PM
Yeti

Default Re: I need your help and feedback...

I like the way they have the threads on the front page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
I can alter the current forum to look a bit more like the "old" Sowpub forum, so you can see "threads" from the front page...

(I should be able to change the text size, so don't worry about the text being too small...)

The question is - do you prefer this "other" threaded look? Or do you like the forum as it is right now?

Please let me know what you think! (And feel free to post why you like one way or the other way...)

I've set up a poll - so please let me know your vote! (At present, you do need to be registered and logged in to vote...)

- Dien
Old September 11, 2006, 07:31 PM
marye

I like the way this poll is showing responses one after another. It's familiar to that on another forum I visit.

But, since I often forget that the threads are at the top, I sometimes close a post before I realize that somebody responded. So threaded would work for me.

I'll get used to however it's arranged, though, now that the little man is back sowing his seeds.

I cleaned my registry and dumped a bunch of cookies I didn't recognize, so I'm having to log in. . . took me forever to figure out how to vote.

Marye
Old September 11, 2006, 07:34 PM
marye

. . . and I can't edit. Is that turned off, or do I need to set something?

Marye
Old September 11, 2006, 07:59 PM
Burford

I think if you will try the threaded view on the main page, you will see readership and participation increase. Many times I will pull up the main page and just give up and move on without opening any thread because I don't want to have to wade through each thread to find what I might be interested in. I understand you needed to change, but I really preferred the old forum.
Old September 11, 2006, 08:39 PM
ImpactYourArea.com

Dien,

I like the new forum. However, the feel of it isn't Sowpub. Looking over the Spiritwood Forums, I like their threaded view.

Maybe you could have the threaded view, but bring some of that old Sowpub background or wallpaper back to this forum.

From the Trouse
Woody Quiñones
ImpactYourArea.com
Old September 11, 2006, 08:47 PM
LindaC

Hi Dien,

I believe the more this new forum looks like the old forum the more people will enjoy it. My vote is to go with the "other" threaded look.

My Best 2 U,

LindaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post

- Dien
Old September 11, 2006, 08:59 PM
Lawrence

Red face Re: I need your help and feedback...

Dien,

The old forum has the comfortable, familiar feel of "home" that we were used to.

I vote for something that resembles "home".

Lawrence
Old September 11, 2006, 09:35 PM
Sandi Bowman

Dien, this was kind of a toss up for me but one thing made me decide: the time factor. It is just much faster and easier to pick out exactly where you want to go with a threaded view. I'll be happy with it either way.

You're doing great with this. Enjoy browsing the old forum threads...especially the really old ones I hadn't seen before. I really missed Sowpub and all the folks here when it was down.

Sandi Bowman
Old September 11, 2006, 10:57 PM
Jerry

Hi Dien,

I love this forum! My vote goes to the threaded look. It makes it easier to choose interesting posts to read. Can you do the old archives this way too?