SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old September 16, 2006, 10:34 AM
Millard Grubb

Default New Twist on 100 Dollars a Day

As I have been thinking on ways to help people make money for my radio show, I was reminded by a friend about David Frey's book on small business marketing and in it, David talks about street marketing. You sell coupons from restaurants, oil change places, nail salons, beauty salons, etc.

Now, Don Alm has put boatloads of ideas to make money here in the past, so I don't want to go into these types of ideas.

Has anyone (besides me) gone out and sold Grit newspapers, cleaners, mowing lawns, etc., door-to-door?

If you have, I keep thinking that selling a service or coupon card would work.

Think about it, how many people TODAY clear 100 dollars a day? Could just about ANYONE sell 5 coupon cards for $20 dollars?

It would be interesting to hear thoughts.

Millard
Old September 17, 2006, 11:26 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: New Twist on 100 Dollars a Day - Here's how to do $500 a Day!

Hi Millard, Here in Oz it’s the beginning of Spring.

Here’s what one bloke is doing in my town to earn $100+ Daily and he is staying pretty busy!

He pays a kid to deliver flyers to every home in town advertising his Spring Cleaning Special.

Shower cleaning for only $27.50

His equipment is a $29.95 steam cleaner he bought at a discount warehouse. Flyer response alone keeps him busy so he doesn’t have to knock on doors but if he did I bet it would be very effective for him.

I made $310 my first day posting flyers for my Address Service.

In areas where flyer response was low I found that by taking a sample NightVision Reflective Address Sign and going door to door showing and selling I was able to get 5 to 10 orders in an hours time. Not bad considering that each $39 sale earns you about $25

But most people just won’t go door to door. But if you know anyone who is willing send them to my link for information on how to earn up to $1,000 per day installing NightVision Address signs.

You could even hire "Street Marketers" to do all the selling and installations for you. Let your University Student Street Marketing keep 50% of the profits. What student wouldn't want to earn $50+ per hour?

Put together a team of 5 Street Marketers... and even if they took all day to make just 10 sales each... they will each earn $125 for the day and you will make $625 for picking them up in your van, giving each of them a sample address sign (Like the one in the photo below) and teaching them a simple 30 second sales pitch. Of course you will be doing the installs while they are making even more sales for you. Plus the product is one you can be proud to offer and it just may help save the customers life some day because in an emergency every second counts and these signs show up like a Beacon in the Night!

I know you really love my Antique Photography Business Opportunity but a Life Saving NightVision Address Sign Business can be started out of the trunk of your car and operated just about anywhere. Perfect for students who can only work a few hours a day or who are looking for something that they can travel with and earn money overnight in most any town.

Lawrence has done far better than me painting addresses on curbs. David Ashley went from painting curbs to Multi-Millionaire by finding hundreds of "Street Marketers" across the country to sell and instal his nightvision address signs. You should ask both of them to let you interview them on your radio show.

Cheers,
Steve
Old September 17, 2006, 07:09 PM
Millard Grubb

Default Re: New Twist on 100 Dollars a Day - Here's how to do $500 a Day!

Steve,

I think you're right. Not many people want to go knocking doors. Further, I think that many people don't even have experience in face-to-face selling.

A lot of people looked at my previous post on 100 dollars a day, but few are doing anything about it. It could be that a lot of people here figure on making money sitting on their butts, rather than getting off of it.

Thanks for the info.

Millard
Old September 17, 2006, 08:57 PM
Joetrevison

Default Re: New Twist on 100 Dollars a Day

Occassionally I made a Hundred a day. Doing taxes in taxseason. Also doing work for Attorney's which I do. I make less doing nothing when people buy my books at my shopping cart. I hope I make them happyist

Million dollar book that is at my site: "Tested Sentences" http://www.joetrevison.com/shop:)