SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 20, 2011, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Default Here's a LIFE CHANGING definition, for those who want to change their lives.

Believe it or don't. Up to you. I think this is one of the most important definitions you can learn.

It is, in my opinion, the KEY to all success. Big Statement. Let's see what you think.

Here is the one word and the definition:
(From the Merriam Webster online dictionary)
EMPATHY:

Definition of EMPATHY

: the imaginative projection of a subjective state into an object so that the object appears to be infused with it

: the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner; also : the capacity for this

Let's take a look at this.

the ACTION (the conscious awareness of) understanding (knowledge of)

BEING SENSITIVE TO, and vicariously experiencing (emotion) the

feelings
thoughts
and experience of another

of either past or present without having the feelings, thoughts and experience fully COMMUNCIATED in an OBJECTIVELY EXPLICIT manner.

IF you get this, it can change your life and the lives of many others. HOW and WHY?

As I'm teaching other people about Animal Hypnotic Fascination, I'm also LEARNING more about communication, persuasion and influence.

Speaking strictly from a money making standpoint...EMPATHY has been a tool I've used and taught for decades. In The Chattel Report; The Sprint to Freedom I tell how I taught my 9 year old daughter to be enthusiastic about buying cameras at garage sales.

The NORMAL tendency is to "bad mouth" the chattel, that is, to find fault with it, to try to devalue the piece and get a lower price. That strategy seldom works BECAUSE of the emotional attachment people have with their stuff.

So a WOW, THIS IS NEAT, I WISH I COULD AFFORD IT approach works a 1000 times better. EMPATHY.

Great copywriters and salesman understand and use this to get in synch with people...to evoke an emotional state...

a buying state of mind (a WANT, A DESIRE)...

in their target's mind.

Do you want to EXPEDITE your success? To quicken the process? To reach your goals faster?

Study this word, empathy. Read this definition very carefully, fully UNDERSTAND it's meaning and power and you will see why

people buy stuff
vote for certain politicians
stay loyal to a brand

So, from a money making or business sense...if you want MORE profits, more customers, more money...then ask yourself this simple question:

Who am I empathizing with? Where? How and Why?

How can I better get in empathy with my prospect? And how do I stay in empathy with them when they become customers?

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. IF your promotions and presentations aren't converting to sales and customers, it is probably because you have not established empathy with the target...and your pitch is more about you than them. IS it?

Last edited by GordonJ : June 20, 2011 at 09:37 AM.