SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 21, 2017, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Default 3 more book reviews. Bookstores are great but...

next time I go to one,. the wallet stays in the car.

So, two today by one very hot author; Ryan Holiday. Hopefully you've already read his bestseller, TRUST ME, I'M LYING.

Today, GROWTH HACKER MARKETING. I'm putting this into the MUST read category. Takes about 10 mins, short 100+ pages paperback.

He makes Growth Hacking understandable, and actually uses this book as an example.

His other work is PERENNIAL SELLER, The Art of Making and Marketing Work that Lasts. Considering the Chattel Report is 20 years old, he's preaching to the choir on this one. Basic premise very paraphrased: create EVERGREEN information products.

And then, Daniel Dipiazza, his book; RICH20SOMETHING, Ditch Your Average Job, Start an Epic Business and Score the Life you want.

Save your dough, get any 7 buck WSO and you get the same stuff. His website is sorta popular, with an appeal to, of course, 20 somethings who really don't want to work for anything. I'll donate this one to the library.

Anyone read any of these? Got a few more to go.

A word about Growth Hacking. Holiday gives us the Product Market Fit PMF and shows a lot of examples of how businesses grew so fast.

OLD guys, like me, saw the offline equivalent of Growth Hacking with: The Pet Rock, Cabbage Patch Dolls, Hula Hoops, Beanie Babies and Hannah Montana (if you had a couple of young girls in the house).

The apparent 'SECRET' to Growth Hacking, is, Create VIRAL. Use FREE, get users to invite, give away, get more if they do and track everything.

Might be a much better overview, probably not one shorter. Against this backdrop of building huge companies at breakneck speed, I offer you this:

http://bit.ly/2fldKax

Since I'm about to test DIRECT MAIL, it seems I've come full circles. But then I stand back and see I have the goggles of an old man, content to fly low and collect the dough, without the ambition of a 20 or 30 something who wants to build something big.

So, I'm aware of how I skew my opinions. And that brings back around to

IT, all depends on what you want. Here at SowPub, I think we've attracted more of a fly low crowd over the years, and that doesn't mean just nickle and dime either, but those less inclined to seek the fame and name and are happy doing their own things, whatever that may be.

I still read a lot of books, albeit, like many older guys, I took the speed reading and memory courses back in the day so it is rare it takes me than an hour to read any book. (fiction aside)

Today's biggest problem, as I think it applies to most of us, is CHOOSING and focusing on what your ideal day would be like, and for far too many, especially younger folks,

You have too many choices, but it is your time, your money, your life, you spend it how YOU want to, OK?

But if someone else is calling your shots, and you are doing as you are told to do...man, you GOTS to get serious about what it is your day should be.

Gordon

PS. I'm interviewing the MAILORDER guy this afternoon, should have a pdf ready by the weekend. 10 bux. Go wash a window if you ain't got it, I guarantee it will be worth it to you. How one guy turned 50 bux into $500.00 net profit with old school mailorder.

Last edited by GordonJ : September 21, 2017 at 11:44 AM.