SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 15, 2003, 10:13 AM
Joe Makowski

Default Where are the posts about the 2 1/2 day

challenge?? And how should I have searched for it?
I got every listing that had 2, 1 or anything else. I even tried putting in quotes.

It was a 4 part series on an australian tv show.
Several millionaires had 2 1/2 days to make as much as they could.

Thanx in advance to any one who can give me the link.
Old September 15, 2003, 10:42 AM
Dien Rice

Default How Much Money Can 3 Millionaires Make... Starting With $10,000...in 2.5 Days...and How They Did It

Joe, thanks for asking. :)

For anyone who hasn't read this - it is a MUST READ. It's about a "reality" show they screened here in Australia a few years ago.

They took three millionaires as contestants. Gave them $10,000 each. And, with that alone, their drivers' licenses, and the clothes on their backs - they had to see how much they could make in 2 1/2 days!

It's an insight into HOW the Millionaire Mind thinks - in action! On the run!

You'll find out WHO made the most money, HOW much that person made (Hint: it was in the tens of thousands) - and HOW that person did it!

It's a rare peek into the minds of some sharp entrepreneurial operators.

See the link below.... That links to the first post in the series. The other posts are in the thread at the end of that post.

If that doesn't interest you... then you should join a monastery or convent, because it would mean you're clearly not interested in money. :)

- Dien Rice

How to turn $10,000 into a LOT more.... in 2 1/2 days!
Old September 15, 2003, 03:19 PM
Karol Gajda

Default This was awesome!

Hi Dien,

That was a very interesting read.

Definitely got my brain churning out some new ideas.

That's also what I like about The Great Ideas Letter. :)

Thanks!

Karol

Just Released: 100% Secure Way To Sell eBooks Through Paypal...
Old September 15, 2003, 04:47 PM
Boyd Stone

Default Question about your product, please ....

Hi,

Your MyDigitalDeliver product looks quite good.

How did you address any possible security scenarios relating to your product? (Scenarios might relate to account info or other customer info--anything that could turn into a problem for ebook buyers.)

Thanks in advance,

- Boyd
Old September 15, 2003, 04:55 PM
Karol Gajda

Default I think this answers it....

Hi Boyd,

> Your MyDigitalDeliver product looks quite
> good.

Thank you. :)

> How did you address any possible security
> scenarios relating to your product?
> (Scenarios might relate to account info or
> other customer info--anything that could
> turn into a problem for ebook buyers.)

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. What possible security scenarios are you referring to?

I'll try to explain a little bit about the script (hope Dien and Michael don't think this is an ad):

MyDigitalDelivery uses Paypal's Instant Payment Notification (on their server) to communicate with MyDigitalDelivery (on your Web host's server). It checks to make sure the proper price was paid and then it sends the buyer a customizable (by you) e-mail with the download information. If your Paypal button is tampered with it doesn't matter because the "buyer" won't get your eBook. If they change the price to 1 penny, for example, they'll get an e-mail stating they didn't pay enough.

I hope that answers it. If not, please feel free to call me stupid...um...I mean, ask another question. :)

Thanks!

Karol

MyDigitalDelivery: The product in question...
Old September 15, 2003, 05:09 PM
Boyd Stone

Default Re: I think this answers it....

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion--not your fault, I overthought it and managed to confuse myself (a common occurrance).

The transaction is as secure as any normal PayPal transaction, would that be right? And your script is protected on the server as much as possible, correct?

Could I look at a sales page for a product being sold using the "choose your price" method?

Thanks very much,

- Boyd
Old September 15, 2003, 05:16 PM
Karol Gajda

Hi Boyd,

> Sorry for the confusion--not your fault, I
> overthought it and managed to confuse myself
> (a common occurrance).

No problems...

> The transaction is as secure as any normal
> PayPal transaction, would that be right? And
> your script is protected on the server as
> much as possible, correct?

Yes, that is correct.

> Could I look at a sales page for a product
> being sold using the "choose your
> price" method?

I just ended choose your own price for my 77 Instant Auction Answers eBook today. It was still working great, with 10%+ conversions, and over $6 average per sale...but I'm trying to see if my visitor value will go up at a set price (I'm starting at $9.77 per copy.)

So...I don't currently have a choose your own price product.

The MyDigitalDelivery script is used both at http://www.mydigitaldelivery.com and http://www.instantauctionanswers.com.

If you'd like a demo of Choose Your Own Price please e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you a link to the old 77 Instant Auction Answers page. *Take out the NO-SPAM of course.

Thanks!

Karol

Sell your eBooks and run an affiliate program through Paypal...
Old September 15, 2003, 09:12 PM
Dien Rice

Default Thanks Karol... Here are some profit-making lessons in there which I had since forgotten

Hi Karol,

I'm glad you liked it and found it useful. :)

I re-read it over myself. There are several things in there - which I had written about - which I'm not doing enough of myself. I had forgotten some of the lessons...

In particular, I'm not doing enough outsourcing! When you read over Cameron's story - you realize, intelligent outsourcing will increase your profits.

You can still be successful without outsourcing - but you can be more successful if you outsource. That's one of the lessons!

Perhaps a way to think about it is this. If you believe some activity you are doing is profitable (or contributes to your profits) - then it makes sense that having someone else do that same activity for you will probably be profitable too. That's probably a good mind-set to have. :)

Back when I wrote that, in 2000, I didn't have money to pay anyone else, even part-time. I did have my savings and investments - but I was using it to support myself while I built up my business. However, now the situation is different - so I better start taking some of my own advice. ;)

Thanks to Joe Makowski for asking about those posts... Re-reading them helped me to remember some important lessons I had forgotten! I hope many Sowpub readers are finding them beneficial too....

By the way - to everyone reading this - you can also read about these kinds of "big" success stories in The Great Ideas Letter too, though usually they are over a longer time period. It's practical money-making information - to stimulate your brain. Here's where to find more info...

http://www.sowpub.com/greatideas/
http://www.sowpub.com/greatideasvol1/

- Dien Rice

> Hi Dien,

> That was a very interesting read.

> Definitely got my brain churning out some
> new ideas.

> That's also what I like about The Great
> Ideas Letter. :)

> Thanks!

> Karol

The Great Ideas Letter
Old September 16, 2003, 01:38 PM
Rick Smith

Boyd -

I did some testing for Karol on earlier versions of MyDigitalDelivery. (Still haven't installed the latest version - but I will soon.)

It was pretty easy to install and use and Karol got the changes and bug fixes implemented pretty quickly. In short, I would recommend it.

> The transaction is as secure as any normal
> PayPal transaction, would that be right? And
> your script is protected on the server as
> much as possible, correct?

Correct me if I'm wrong Karol, but my understanding was that MyDigitalDelivery was actually *more* secure than a normal PayPal transaction because most transactions don't use the IPN feature whereas MyDigitalDelivery does use it.

> Could I look at a sales page for a product
> being sold using the "choose your
> price" method?

You can visit http://www.tarheelmama.com to see how I'm using it for my wife's e-book. You better check it out quickly though because I will soon be changing the whole letter including the "choose your own price" feature. We're going to a fixed price for now but that has *nothing* to do with MyDigitalDelivery. (In fact, what we may do is test a "choose your own price" scheme against a fixed price scheme at some point in the future.) In any case, you're welcome to see how we implemented it there.

Rick Smith, "The Net Guerrilla"
Old September 16, 2003, 03:15 PM
Boyd Stone

Default Neat!

Hi,

Rick, thanks for that! The marriage book sales letter was excellent and I liked how you worded the "choose your price" offer.

I wish I was brave enough to ask what conversion ratio you were getting with the "choose your price" offer .......

Thank you again,

- Boyd