SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old November 28, 2008, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Default 365 days. FIRE...GO.

Perhaps you've heard of Dan Kennedy. He's the current face in front of a program called The Phenomenon. Dan says his experience working with scores of successful people has revealed the following...

there is a period of time, 12 months or so, in many successful people's lives where they are able to accomplish more than they did in the previous 12 years.

I don't know what Dan's program contains (although I'm finding out)...but I do know a big piece of it is about BEHAVIOR. What you do. So I'm going to start a discussion on behavior, the kind that gets results.

We have 365 days until our next "Black Friday".

Jim Straw has a course on how to become a millionaire in a year, and he gives you the details of the behavior you need to have in order for that to happen.

On Black Friday in 1972, Ben Suarez faced disaster, possible bankruptcy and hit bottom, yet one year later he had made over a million dollars.

Dan Kennedy has a file cabinent full of testimonials regarding his program and the amazing results people have achieved in short periods of time.

So today, I'll launch a discussion on BEHAVIOR, especially the kind of behavior that produces incredible results in short periods of time.

In my recent blog post at Income and Happiness, I wrote about the "method" to make large sums of money in short periods of time, which is;

SELL a product to people with MONEY who WANT to buy it. Simple?

Yes. Easy TO DO? Hardly, and the reason it is so hard for the majority to do is because of their behavior, and the underlying HABITS which produce counter-productive behavior.

The simple "formula" is product meets buyer. You need to have a TRANSACTION occur.

Where and how the product meets with the buyer is often the key detail of making it happen. Today, on Black Friday of 2008, millions of products are meeting buyers at "Door Buster" and one day only or six hour sales; all promotional devices to get large number of people into stores and spending MONEY.

We'll know in a few hours if it worked. Anyhow, if you want to make money the fastest way possible, the way which has worked for the majority of people who have done it (and there are always the oddball types of things which can not be duplicated)...is to

SELL something to SOMEONE with MONEY to spend.

The amazing NPGS (Net Profit Generation System) formula which allowed Ben Suarez to have a phenomenal year in 1973 has withstood the test of time and produced BILLIONS of dollars in sales in the greater Canton, OH area.

Ben's formula is:

Prospect
Product
Promotion
Media

He wanted to find people with money to spend, evidenced by their HABIT of already spending it on similar things, and offer them a product. The meeting place where the TRANSACTION takes place is the PROMOTION, which is somehow placed in front of the PROSPECT through a MEDIUM.

There are other formulas out there, feel free to choose whichever one suits you, but, they all require certain BEHAVIORS, which is where I'm taking this discussion.

Perhaps Phil or Dien can dig up those SQ1 PictoGrigms, especially the Master ONE...but I'll explain it to you this way.

Behavior, which is defined on the SQ1 as "daily activity", what you DO during your day...is a RESULT of the decisions to:

TO DO; To take ACTION. To NOT react. To be inactive.

These decisions are guided by the interaction of your mind and body. What you think and what you make your body DO (how it moves).

I don't know what Dan Kennedy is teaching, but from a 5,000 year historical perspective of human behavior; the successful people of all generations have the period where they take charge and control both their THOUGHTS and their BODY.

They somehow figure out how to CONTROL both their mind and body and allow them to work together in synch toward the achievement of a goal or purpose.

This is accomplished by knowing and controlling our states of mind and our daily activity...it is a loop. But it is a difficult loop to get into for the vast majority, most often interrupted by distractions.

Looking back over the past year, what do you see as it pertains to your activities? What events took place, what happened that got you sidetracked, if you were, or what did you do if you achieved your goals for the past year?

What BEHAVIOR did you demonstrate?

We have ONE year...so in the "FIRE, ready, AIM" or "GO, set, ready" method of DOING something...

How can we take control of our behaviors, and control those events we can and manage the unexpected events that will certainly come our way?

Your discussion is welcome.

Gordon Jay Alexander

Last edited by GordonJ : November 28, 2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old November 30, 2008, 06:04 AM
Phil

Default Re: 365 days. FIRE...GO.

Gordon,

Unfortunately, your SQ1 PictoGrigms, especially the Master ONE...

Are somewhere in the Lost Archives due to past forum problems that Dien might Hopefully be able to recover one day along with the rest of the remaining Sowpub Archived stories...

There are bits and pieces here and there if you Search through a variety of related keywords in Sowpubs/Google but Unless there's a Hidden thread somewhere...

The following thread has the “Lead” dead links for Dien to try and track down... Thought you once released that Magical PDF with the complete details of the Master PictoGrigms etc. for about $997 or so on a limited edition...

Speaking of hidden treasure, it is time to mine the SQ1 again...
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3658

Tons of other Golden nuggets though... Great stuff still in the Sowpub archives to Freely grab & apply...
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/archive/index.php?f-3.html

Phil

Last edited by Phil : November 30, 2008 at 06:14 AM. Reason: additional info
Old November 30, 2008, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Default Here is something RE: SQ1 for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Gordon,

Are somewhere in the Lost Archives
Phil

Thanks Phil,

ONE of these days, (HA!), I'm going to jump into those archives and get em organized somehow. Anyhow,

Here is a link to a basic explanation of the SQ1.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/sq1.html

I'm thinking of rescanning them, putting updates and sending them out...maybe, right after I get the archives organized.

Thanks for looking Phil.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. Dien, if you have a chance, can you send me an email with links to the "Gordon" section of SowPub. (I've discovered some of those old sites too, I forgot I had so many web sites).
Old November 30, 2008, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Default The BEHAVIORS of success and rapid income increase.

Dan Kennedy says it is all about your BEHAVIOR, what you DO in the course of your day that determines your success (results), and I'm in agreement with Dan on this one.

The premise of the Square One Workshops is:

"Our results come from our behaviors. To get the results we want, we must control and direct our activities by controlling our states."

So, it has been my question for a couple of decades now, "What do you want?" Harvey Brody says you must stare at a positive ending result, and I think this is what most people DON'T do, myself included for many years.

So how can we pursue a goal, say financial freedom in a year, if we don't have it clearly identified? The WANT must be something that you CAN stare at, and see very clearly in great emotional detail to provide the WHY for all the activity.

Financial Freedom means something different to each of us. You get to define yours.

Once you KNOW what you want, you'll see the SQ1 provides some roadmaps, a "GPS" system to take you to your destination. In the old days (like a few years ago), we'd go get maps from AAA (American Automobile Association) called a Trip-Tik and it would tell us what route to follow. Now you can have your phone or a small device tell you where to go.

Once you have a clearly defined destination, then you work backwards within the Pyramid of Accomplishment (POA) to establish time frames and develop a specific plan or blueprint, or MAP to folllow.

Your BEHAVIOR, the engine to take you there, is powered by your thoughts, actions and feelings...although in the SQ1 we treat emotions as thoughts as you see on the Master PictoGrigm.

So it BEGINS with a GOAL, a WANT...a destination of some kind. We now have less than a year until next "Black Friday", our target date.

The WANT will determine which Behaviors you have to DO, and will show you the way to getting to the correct behaviors for your specific target.

So we can start there. WHAT is financial freedom to YOU? Care to share?

Thanks Phil for helping me track down the hidden treasures of this forum.

Gordon Jay Alexander
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/sq1.html
Old December 1, 2008, 09:28 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: 365 days. FIRE...GO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Hi Phil,

You can also try this link for the Square One Workshops...

http://www.sowpub.com/sq1/

Best wishes!

Dien
Old December 1, 2008, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Default Thanks Dien,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Phil,

You can also try this link for the Square One Workshops...

http://www.sowpub.com/sq1/

Best wishes!

Dien

Thank you Dien, again and again. I'll make sure to bookmark this where I can find it (time to clean out the ol fav files? me thinks so).

Gordon Jay Alexander