SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old June 23, 2012, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Default How to Make $500.00 per TRANSACTION by Chatteling (buying and selling).

My 35 years of buying and selling things have given me some pretty good guidelines to follow...not RULES, no LAWS carved in stone, but some pretty good, take it to the bank, g u i d e l i n e s on how much you have to spend to make X amount of dollars.

IF you want to make 500 bux profit per transaction, you have to look for chattel which is being sold between 2499 and 5001.

You can of course, find deals, like Tony B. of CA did some years back, Tony saw a bass fishing boat for sale, bought it on a Thur. for 1500 bux and sold it on the following SUN for 3000 or for a 1500 profit, just cleaned it up and took it to the LAKE where fishermen hung out. AH, a secret revealed.

Sell your chattel in the right lake where people are looking. Anyhow,

Here is the question.

Would you invest 2500 dollars to make a 500 dollar profit?

I know the answer. MOST, about 90% of you WILL NOT do it.

I know this from working with many people over the last decade trying to help them learn how to do it.

Consider this, if you put your 2500 bux in a bank and let it sit there for a year, how much money would you have? Say you found a really good Bernier Madoff type bank and they paid you 10% (HA!)...you'd have 2750 dollars at the end of ONE YEAR OF STORAGE OF YOUR MONEY.

ONE transaction in chatteling, and you get a 20% ROI and you could do that as many times per year as you feel like it.

Make 500 a month for all 12 months and you'll have $8,500.00 how does that compare with YOUR bank?

The concept is simple, CIRCULATION beats STORAGE every hour of the year.

Are you STORING your money? OR are you in some way circulating it for larger ROI's?

Even if you invest 5k and got 500 profit, that's 10%, and yet the vast majority over the years have said it was too risky...because they didn't do their homework and due diligence.

I never buy a piece of chattel which I don't know for certain what the "street value" or the actual price I should get for it. And as long as I make a little profit, in a short period of time, I just put it back into CIRCULATION.

I can't get some of you to invest 100 bux in anything...the fear of loss is certainly a powerful motivator...but for those of you either borderline desperate or with an understanding of Risk/Reward...there is NOTHING that beats chatteling...and if you want to get up to the Stock Market type ROI, you just spend more money in higher priced chattel...got a few million? There are some nice yachts down at the Palm Beach harbor for sale.

Want to know more about this upper end of chatteling? I'll see you over at NCU, OK?

Gordon

PS. I advise you to get started with The Chattel Report,
The
Sprint
to
Freedom
Old June 23, 2012, 02:37 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default The "ins and outs" of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
PS. I advise you to get started with The Chattel Report,
The
Sprint
to
Freedom
For those who want to find out the ins and outs of making money by "chatteling," check out Gordon Alexander's "The Chattel Report: The Sprint to Freedom" here...

http://www.thechattelreport.com/gja/
Old June 23, 2012, 04:07 PM
SteveR

Default Re: How to Make $500.00 per TRANSACTION by Chatteling (buying and selling).

hi GordonJ,

Thank you for providing this forum and this information on chatteling.

Can you tell me how you go about finding the market price for items to buy and sell please?

I was wondering if you use a particular method for finding the price that buyers will pay. I'm keen to do my homework well before parting with any money. I don't have much money to speculate with, so i need to be doubly careful.

Also, do you know of anyone who uses this method to make a full time income and what kind of areas should i be looking to chattel.

Thank you
Steve
Old June 23, 2012, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Default Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
hi GordonJ,

Thank you for providing this forum and this information on chatteling.

Can you tell me how you go about finding the market price for items to buy and sell please?

Amazon, eBay FINISHED listings and craigslists SOLD are the basics

I was wondering if you use a particular method for finding the price that buyers will pay.

Use the above ... real time answers, eBay COMPLETED listings give you a good idea.

I'm keen to do my homework well before parting with any money. I don't have much money to speculate with, so i need to be doubly careful.

Start small, 10 bux and get your feet wet, buy something and make a couple of bux, work your way up.

Also, do you know of anyone who uses this method to make a full time income and what kind of areas should i be looking to chattel.

Yes, many of them now own a storefront business but started buying and selling from their home. Comic books, antiques, watches, music store, furniture, several consignment store. Some people look for things, things they know about.

I look for UNDERVALUED chattel, I look for the GAP between what is being sold over here and what they will pay over there.

Get used to using eBay completed listings in an area you want to start in and you'll get an idea of what the market will PAY. Also Amazon.

Thank you
Steve

The biggest stumbling block for most people is their doubt and fear.

Start small, gain confidence and stand between a desperate seller and a hungry buyer, again, use the above to learn what is selling.

IF you have a hobby or an area of interest, daily spend a few minutes studying that market, use tools that let you search many craigslist listings...and keep at it.

Gordon Alexander
Old June 24, 2012, 10:40 PM
Phil

Default Re: Answers... PART-TIME… FULL-TIME… Or ANYTIME! ….

Hi Steve,

Quick Tips, past Research & IDEAS in Addition to Gordon’s Suggestions and Advice…

Test, Test. Test and TEST SOME MORE…

DIG INTO AND FIND THE BEST still WORKING TRICKS & TOOLS...

REVERSE ENGINEER between CRAIGSLIST & EBAY…

Wheeling and DEALING with a Mix of [BROKERING] and A FEW Other Creative Spins somewhere in Between...

Once Perfected… You’re well on your Way…

An Investment into Gordon’s Knowledge, Related info product as per Dien’s post…

As you Dig into the Following will HELP in All Kinds of Ways…

{ROI} RETURN ON INVESTMENT….

SOONER THAN YOU THINK…

Shoulda Woulda Coulda! ...

PART-TIME… FULL-TIME… Or ANYTIME! ….

ENJOY & HAVE FUN DIGGING IN AND RESEARCHING…
http://www.dumblittleman.com/2009/03...ay-buyers.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=http...cf.osb &cad=b
http://www.similarsitesearch.com/alt...-to/get4it.com
https://www.google.com/search?q=More...ient=firefox-a

Phil
Old June 25, 2012, 09:06 AM
Garr

Default Re: Answers... PART-TIME… FULL-TIME… Or ANYTIME! ….

Good Morning All!

I've been lurking for some time and finally registered. I was actually drawn here AFTER stumbling onto Gordon's Chattel Report a few years back.

Steve, if you have not already purchased the report I can say that I have been very satisfied with the content. I was doing something similar but was able to fine tune my activities and can now make extra cash as I need to. In fact on my first purchase/sale I bought a Snap-On scan tool (automotive diagnostic tool) for $250 and sold it for $375. I was pleased as this covered the cost of GJA's report and again I was able to get some great ideas on the whole process.

Thanks Gordon!

Rich
Old June 25, 2012, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Default Thanks Rich the great thing about chatteling is

It never dries up, goes away or gets old...because

of the Parade of Life...

Most people do it every now and then when the need arises, but, there are a few over the years who have mastered their niches...some people like to specialize.

Since my original report over 15 years ago, there have been all kinds of reports and books written about it...most of them specializing...for example, John McTighe wrote a report about APPLIANCES (I think it was John)...which requires a lot of lifting, moving and transporting.

NOT many people do drapes or wedding dresses, BUT, if they have taken the time to build the networks up...a handful have found full time income from some very part time effort.

MY favorite part of the The Chattel Report; The Sprint to Freedom is the psychology behind the sale, as taught to me by my 9 year old (at the time) daughter, who demonstrated disappointment can offer be the most powerful persuader...far more effective than "bickering" over price or putting down, in some way, the chattel.

Chatteling is an ANYTIME you feel like it way to make money.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garr View Post
Good Morning All!

I've been lurking for some time and finally registered. I was actually drawn here AFTER stumbling onto Gordon's Chattel Report a few years back.

Steve, if you have not already purchased the report I can say that I have been very satisfied with the content. I was doing something similar but was able to fine tune my activities and can now make extra cash as I need to. In fact on my first purchase/sale I bought a Snap-On scan tool (automotive diagnostic tool) for $250 and sold it for $375. I was pleased as this covered the cost of GJA's report and again I was able to get some great ideas on the whole process.

Thanks Gordon!

Rich
Old June 12, 2013, 01:53 AM
StewartWarren

Default Re: Thanks Rich the great thing about chatteling is

Quote:
It never dries up, goes away or gets old...because

of the Parade of Life...

Most people do it every now and then when the need arises, but, there are a few over the years who have mastered their niches...some people like to specialize.

Since my original report over 15 years ago, there have been all kinds of reports and books written about it...most of them specializing...for example, John McTighe wrote a report about APPLIANCES (I think it was John)...which requires a lot of lifting, moving and transporting.

NOT many people do drapes or
wedding dresses, BUT, if they have taken the time to build the networks up...a handful have found full time income from some very part time effort.

MY favorite part of the The Chattel Report; The Sprint to Freedom is the psychology behind the sale, as taught to me by my 9 year old (at the time) daughter, who demonstrated disappointment can offer be the most powerful persuader...far more effective than "bickering" over price or putting down, in some way, the chattel.

Chatteling is an ANYTIME you feel like it way to make money.

Gordon

I hope the information is true and reliable. I am looking for less effort money making job as my current work is not paying enough. I will try my luck and hope i could get something out of it. Thanks again

Last edited by StewartWarren : June 12, 2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old June 25, 2012, 11:16 PM
Duane Adolph

Default Start Small ... Gain Confidence + Examples

Hey Gordon,

Thanks for Reviving the Chattel Discussion. I Think I have an encyclopedia's worth of examples and notes over the years in my Gmail account lol

Here's a couple of recent examples I experienced.

The Garage Sale

I'm in our nations capital working on a project and staying with family. During my visit my older cousin's community decides to hold a neighborhood Garage Sale about 2 weeks ago. I decide to give her a hand as there was a lot of "Junk" that needed to go. One Problem. It was raining cats and dogs...AND we find out that the neighborhood event has been RESCHEDULED to the following week!

We HELD IT ANYWAYS!

We were the ONLY garage sale. People came at 7:30am and started to BUY! Umbrellas and all. I was excited to see the level of interest. One Grandfather clock Sold. Then some cheap DVD's and CLOTHING and RUGS Sold sold sold.

A dollar here...five over here..

It was NOT a rush of people but a steady flow over a couple of hours.

At around 11:00am I ask my cousin..."How Much Money Do you think you've made?"

She did some quick mental math and replies..."All Total?..just Shy of $200".

WHAT?!?!

We ended around noon that day. Hmm 4-5hours work Net $200. NOT BAD right?

I was actually SHOCKED! Pleasantly of course. What surprised me was the Transaction sizes were soo low...and since I was not keeping track, it did not feeel like we hit $200.

It was kinda cool to meet people and "wheel and deal". I was more hired help SHE (my cousin) did most of the deals. But it did give me the CHATTEL bug back.

And since I am in a new city for a while... here's what I did to start".

I consciously set aside $100 to Start. That $100 was my "little soldier" (Hat Tip to Kevin O'leary from Shark Tank)...who's mission was to go out and bring me back something of higher value or "Undervalued Chattel".

WHEN YOUR MIND IS READY OPPORTUNITIES WILL PRESENT THEMSELVES

That night I asked my younger cousin if he had anything he wanted to sell?

I noticed that he had a Blue Nintendo Wii he wanted to sell for some quick cash. I noticed this WII #1 Because it was blue and #2 Because I had sold one months ago QUICKLY for $100.

So I already KNEW the "Street Value" and that if I could get it for less than that, my PROFIT would be LOCKED IN.

He said he wanted $70. I said that was MORE than I personally was willing to spend, and that he could get more if he put it up on Kijjiji/Craigslist himself (Yes he knew I was going to resell it). He was ok with that...and I just went and focused on other projects.

**QUICK SIDE NOTE: I DOUBLE CHECKED THE STREET VALUE ON EBAY, KIJIJI and AMAZON to ENSURE THE MARKET VALUE MATCHED WHAT I HAD IN MY HEAD FROM PREVIOUS MONTHS. DO THY HOMEWORK**

A WEEK WENT BY...and NOTHING Happened

1. My little "$100 soldiers" did NOT do a darn thing for 7 days and I was VEX. I hated seeing the money just sitting there.

2. The Nintendo WII was STILL up there in my cousins room 7 days later. And I knew that the rescheduled garage sale was happening that weekend...My cousin "May" go and sell it himself...but I DOUBTED IT.

So I what did I do? ...

I went BACK TO him and Made the DEAL late Friday night. BEFORE THE WEEKEND. I Put my soldiers to work. I asked him "How Much?" He said $70... Because he was Family I did NOT haggle him down. Also I wanted to just get MOOVING. So I made the deal..

I was now the Proud owner of a Blue Nintendo Wii.

BIG Deal!...I don't play games and had zero interest other than to SELL IT FAST.

That Saturday (Next morning) I went around to the neighborhood Garage sale (this was the one that was cancelled previously) to see if I could put the rest of my soldiers ($100-$70= $30) to work. While out walking...

I Get a TEXT MSG.
It's my cousin.
Somebody is at the house.... and wants to BUY THE WII!

YES!!!!!
Wait a minute!!
Hunh??!

I KNOW that I did NOT put up an ad...NOR did he.

I rush home...to CLOSE THE DEAL FIRST And ask questions later.

It turns out that one of The Student Renters had a friend over that wanted to BUY the WII. When The Student Renter asked my cousin, where his WII was...he was told that ...DUANE OWNS IT NOW.

THAT explains why I got the call. Muahahah!

I was able to sell it for $120 bux.

EXCELLENT!

Buy: $70
Sold: $120
Profit: $50
Time: Less than 24hours from putting my soldiers to work

Now if I had waited just ONE MORE DAY. My cousin would have still owned the WII and would have made the sale to this guy instead of me.

End Result:

- My cousin got a Quick $70bux....COUSIN HAPPY!!!
- I made $50 profit...Duane VERY HAPPY
- New owner of WII paid $120 actual street value around $140 as it was a limited edition...New Owner VERY HAPPY

Lessons?

- DO your homework, so you can make offers with confidence

- SPEED is imperative.

- Put your soldiers to work. And they will bring you back MORE Soldiers.

- AFRAID of losing money?? Try this mind trick. ...Either YOU put your SOLDIERS to work or YOU will have to go get a part time job or something. The Choice is Yours!

- There are deals all around you. Probably in your own house. Get out into the field and start making deals

Hope Somebody will just GET STARTED and get your Chattel Report.

THANKS GORDON for introducing me and us to the world of Chattel.

Quote:
The biggest stumbling block for most people is their doubt and fear.

Start small, gain confidence and stand between a desperate seller and a hungry buyer, again, use the above to learn what is selling.

IF you have a hobby or an area of interest, daily spend a few minutes studying that market, use tools that let you search many craigslist listings...and keep at it.

Gordon Alexander

Last edited by Duane Adolph : June 25, 2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old June 26, 2012, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Default Duane considering doing an experiment.

Duane,

IF you feel like it, here's some advice and then I'll tell you what I do that is different than 98% of people.

You've got 150 bux to work with. Can you try to do TWO transactions a month? First one, try to turn your 150 into 175 above expenses...in other words shoot for a 25 buck net profit.

Turn the 175 into 190.

190 into 225, 225 into 250, 250 into 300 300 to 375 and have a goal of having 600 at the end of 6 months...

At 600 and above, you should easily make 100 per transaction, so you'll end up with 1200 dollars. PROBABLY much more, but you see this is small transactions.

Imagine Duane, doing this since you came down to N. Canton. How much would you have?

See, small transactions left untouched accumulate with time.

What MOST people do is run and spend their 150 on a new cell phone or some toy or something. SMALL amounts allowed to grow, can produce big results.

NOW of course, if you can, make bigger profits, there are times up the ladder, you can DOUBLE your money or even better ... but brings up my secret weapon...

CIRCULATION.

Any week I could go to one of the auto auctions and pick up a decent looking, relatively late model car that isn't running because it might need an engine or a transmission.

I could probably get it for 1500 bux and let's say it needs a transmission...I'd have to towed and a new transmission put in, or rebuilt one...new tires, brakes, battery, oil changed and engine tuned up and all belts and hoses checked.

I'd put 2 grand into it...and say the book value has it listed at 6500 dollars.

I've got almost 3700 into it. Most guys would want to get as close to book as they could...shooting for a 2200 or better profit. NOT me.

Since I all did was buy it and have it towed...I'd put it up for 5100 OBO...way under book, but a quick turn around on my money...with a profit of 1400 dollars in a week or less.

This is close to an actual scenario...but my brother, would HOLD onto it because it in his mind...now wait for it...cause this is THE secret of chatteling...

in his mind

it is WORTH MORE.

And he would sit on (actually did in a few instances) for months until he got the right price HE wanted.

People sell stuff and tell you how much they paid and then overprice their stuff and can't sell it.

As a buyer, I could care less what you paid for it, means NOTHING related to the value of it.

I look for quick profits, even much smaller than I "could" get if I held out until I got what I PERCEIVED it was worth.

CIRCULATION beats storage every day of the year.

Duane, if you were to keep that 150 in circulation for a year, even at only two deals a month, you'd do far better than any high risk investment out there...and imagine if you did only 3 a month, you could easily double the end result.

THAT is the power of circulation.

Buy, sell for a profit, reinvest and keep your investment in circulation until you can take profits from it and still have the original investment in your pocket.

Circulate that money.

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : June 26, 2012 at 08:10 PM.