SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 21, 2007, 05:28 PM
Bea

Smile Anyone heard of Stewart Kime?

Hi, all
This is just one of those Q's I'd just like to throw out for a general discussion...I was just wondering if anyone here has ever heard of Stewart Kime? He wrote a couple of books & has in Lenore, Idaho (I believe it was - I'm saying all this from memory only and you know how that can be sometimes! ~lol~) a publishing co called Mountain Publishing. He self-published the books (two, I think) & I THOUROUGHLY enjoyed them!!

I got ahold of his first book called "Stay at Home & Get Rich" & made literally thousands of dollars doing one of the money making plans in it, so it was really worth it for me.

Anyway, I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with Stewart...hey, he may be a member here, it seems like a long time ago I may have seen a post from him...? Neat guy, though - - he even gave his phone number so people could call him & talk over ideas with him, or pick his brain on a certain idea he may have had in the book, etc. Nice!

Just wondering...

~Bea
Old July 21, 2007, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Anyone heard of Stewart Kime?

Bea, I also got his publication in the mail, and I spoke to him on the telephone. Furthermore, I ordered a business op from someone he mentioned. It was about providing small laminated placeholders to restaurants. The money was to be made by selling advertising on them. As part of the deal this fellow provided laminated samples. Well, I showed them around to local restaurant owners and they didn't think much of the placeholders. Maybe they sold down South where this other man lives, but they didn't impress up north.

By the way, which idea worked for you Bea?

Jerry
Old July 21, 2007, 07:59 PM
Pete Egeler

I tried to do a search on him, but kinda came up dry. Just a couple of mentions with now website info that I could find.

If anyone has any info on a website, give a shout.

Pete
Old July 21, 2007, 09:28 PM
Bea

Hi, Jerry & Pete

Yes, he's quite the character...it reminds me of the old saying "WHY do some people make a go of business? Because no has told them they CAN'T!" or something to that effect, anyway ~lol~ We were once in a city where we knew these people that weren't quite right (but they were really nice), & everywhere, at different times, I saw these people out...they were selling. They found a place (who KNOWS where, lol!) to get used tires & they set up in the Wal-mart parking lot on the main road & sold till they got ran off....they found extra produce where the trucks dropped them at the loading docks & they SOLD those there, too...had a brisk business! ~lol~ They were making money...why? B/c no one had told them they couldn't!!

Ok, Jerry, you asked which biz I made the good money off of. It was the - I hate to tell you this - one you ordered, too. That must've been a sixth sense with you to order that one - - it was a good one. In fact, if you still have the laminated samples, I was just wishing I still had mine of those! I would be willing to buy them from you. I think the course was like $50 at the time & I can't even find the old copy of the book that I had in those days to see if I could order more.

Bea
Old July 22, 2007, 12:59 AM
moneymax

Stewart...I was a huge fan of his stuff. He retired several years ago. I wish he was still around, as he was always coming up with GREAT ideas. Brooks Owen also had lots of great ideas. Look up Jim Straw in google, you may like his stuff as he reminds me somewhat of Stewart. I liked Stewart much better, but Jim has some good stuff.
Old July 23, 2007, 10:30 PM
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymax View Post
Stewart...I was a huge fan of his stuff. He retired several years ago. I wish he was still around, as he was always coming up with GREAT ideas. Brooks Owen also had lots of great ideas. Look up Jim Straw in google, you may like his stuff as he reminds me somewhat of Stewart. I liked Stewart much better, but Jim has some good stuff.

Hmmm, Brooks Owen? I haven't heard of that one - I'll have to look it up!

Yep, I can totally understand when you say you really were a HUGE fan of his stuff...remember his book "Stay Home & Get Rich"? There were only *TWO* copies available in the whole U.S. (thru interlibrary loan).

I remember when I first got it, I was in a motel & had packed the book special to have while I was away from the kids just to "digest" it! I called home & said "I think I've found my next vocation!" ( I must've really meant "vacation" b/c it took me all across the U.S. & I had tons of fun & not to mention money to spend! ~lol~)

Good hearing from you, MoneyMax!
Old July 24, 2007, 01:15 PM
Pete Egeler

Default Stewart Kime.. Sounded like a Great So I..

bought the book!

Just purchased a copy (used) of Stewart Kime's book for $9.95 + s&h.

Total.. $14

Looking forward to reading what he had to say back then, and if it might lend it's self to a new "twist".

Pete
Old July 24, 2007, 04:11 PM
Bea

Smile Re: Anyone heard of Stewart Kime?

Wow, that's great, Pete!

Now you'll know all my secrets!! ~lol~ (I couldn't resist!)

Seriously, you are sure to enjoy it & would you come back & let us know what you think? That'd be great - I'd love to hear it!

You're lucky to find a copy of it.

I'll be looking forward to getting your take on it!

~Bea
Old July 24, 2007, 04:46 PM
Pete Egeler

Default It pays to look around!

I've found 5 more sources for the Kime book.

3 of them: $13-13.95 + shipping.

1 of them $136.95 + Shipping

1 (Amazon) $187.00 + Shipping.

Every one of the copies is used, good condition.

It sure pays to shop!

Pete
Old July 24, 2007, 11:19 PM
Bea

~lol!!!~
It sure does, Pete!!! ESPECIALLY in that case!

Do you think this could be a case of "Percieved Value"? Maybe that person KNOWS how much that book could be worth in the right hands!!

I know I would've had to have agreed if I could've looked ahead & SAW just how much I would make from that one idea. I also did the flier delivery one that he has in there. *BUT* he does rosy it up a bit, it seems. (Or so I think, anyway, *smile*)
B/c in that case, he said the guy does 10,000 fliers & he & his children have them delivered within what was it...about 10 days, I think it was. Well, I thought "no problem" & so I ended up biting off more than I could chew on that one...but I did it, though. Then, so when I did it again, I brought it down to 5,000, then when we moved & needed money I did it just for a little bit, but I only obligated ourselves for 2,500 BUT & this is a big "But" (no pun intended, of course! lol) I charged the SAME as I did for the 5,000.

I could, b/c I had NO COMPETITION. Ahhh...I like that phrase. But, I think that that business grows too slowly for me. My first month I only made $600.
and customer retention month after month was sporadic as the wanted to use us some months & then not the others.

That was the second biz opp that I really profited from in that book...I think those were the only two I really tried. The biz opp on Emu's in there is of course outdated, what with people turning them out into the wild now, b/c they don't want them anymore.

Well, gotta run!

Enjoy your book Pete, & let us know what you think!
Bea