SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old January 26, 2012, 03:26 PM

Default Chatteling: A Craiglist Success Story

Good read on how one guy makes $500-1000 per week by buying and selling on Craigslist:
http://blog.priceonomics.com/post/16...-on-craigslist
Old January 26, 2012, 03:50 PM
hockeycoachdoug

Default Re: Chatteling: A Craiglist Success Story

That was a great site to share, thanks. The actual site it's self (not the blog) has lots of great info too.
Old January 26, 2012, 09:29 PM
sandalwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankesh View Post
Good read on how one guy makes $500-1000 per week by buying and selling on Craigslist:

Ankesh,

Great post. Thanks for sharing that info. Kind of nice to know there is another guy in the world who had problems but overcame them through sheer determination. Hunger will do that for you...

Have a great day brother.
Old January 28, 2012, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Default because he does it as his JOB...he makes a job income

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankesh View Post

http://www.thechattelreport.com/gja/

John McTighe did a similar operation, specializing in appliances...he wrote a report on this several years ago, buried somewhere in the archives.

Good for this guy for DOING. What he is doing wrong is not putting a small part of his weekly income aside to keep going up the ladder. His 900 dollar weeks could be two to three times that...but he doesn't go high enough up the ladder.

But he's DOING, which is more than most...he reached that week 7 or 8 I wrote about a decade ago...and this just proves there is money to be made on craigslist...be it a quick 100 bux or a nice weekly income...

OR, if so inclined, to pick up several hundred dollars on a single transactin...

He has a lot of labor, dealign with appliances, I saw NO musical instruments...cause he sticks with what he knows...

what I TEACH people is...

you don't have to remain ignorant forever...

if you picked one instrument a week...and studied and visited the shops...one year later you'd be an expert and have the networks to sell the stuff...another mistake this guy makes...

why not consign the stuff, get much more things a week and let other people do the selling.

STILL LOTS of places sellng used stuff and they pay for it...buy on craigslist...sell to the stores...

best IDEA is to buy a product and build a biz op around it, as I've written about several times...this is best for those in the country or with a small craigslist.

gordon, Mr. chattel

just noticed the limited time offer is still on this promotion...it will be gone by tomorrow...thought I changed it already...so today, is last day you get direct contact suport for the report...tomorrow, you're on your own.

http://www.thechattelreport.com/gja/

Last edited by GordonJ : January 28, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old January 31, 2012, 10:24 PM
Pappy

Default Software for Chatteling

Thanks.. Good info. I wrote some software to track my cl dealings... I cleaned it up for a friend of mine who wanted it too.

If anyone wants a copy, (its free), I put it out on one of my websites for download. Nothing fancy but it will let you enter items, buyers, sellers, expenses and pics.

here's the link

Download Software

later....
Pappy
Old February 1, 2012, 10:32 AM
sandalwood

I downloaded the file and when I opened it all I got was a grey page. It doesn't look very useful to me. But, I probably did something wrong.

I appreciate the software but I can't use it.
Old February 1, 2012, 05:27 PM
Pappy

Look for the menu bar on top. It's next to the version number...
File, Browse, reports, etc... Click on any of them and there will be a drop down with options...
later...
Pappy
Old February 1, 2012, 06:01 PM
ThePromotionalGuy.com

Sandalwood,

Open the program and click on the Browse button. Click on Browse by Item, Seller or Buyer.

That will bring up another page where all the data is supposed to be but is completely empty. At the bottom you should see a button that shows a "+ Insert".

When you click that button up comes a menu where you would enter new data. Don't forget to save your information.

Peace and Success to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
I downloaded the file and when I opened it all I got was a grey page. It doesn't look very useful to me. But, I probably did something wrong.

I appreciate the software but I can't use it.
Old February 1, 2012, 08:54 PM
sandalwood

Thank you for the information. I guess I didn't see it. It's tough being dumber than a box of rocks or a sack full of hammers...