SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old December 14, 2006, 11:46 AM
SteveSki

Question Please Help - Has anyone here ever used ODEO?

At first glance www.odeo.com looked like a good free tool so I added a ODEO Link to the top of my web site today but I can't seem to figure out if it's working right or not. ODEO is suppose to allow your website visitors to send you recorded questions or testimonials.

However only one of my test emails and recordings that I sent to myself has shown up in my email in box.
Several but not all of the audio test recordings I did today do show up when I log into ODEO .

Has anyone here experience any success with using ODEO?

Has anyone here encounter any problems with it?

Was wondering if a few people here would be willing do me a favor by visiting my web page at http://www.PetPhotographyBusiness.com and testing the ODEO link at the top of page out by clicking on it to record and send me an audio message?

I've been paying $35 a month to put audio on my websites and auctions and am looking for a better solution.
Would appreciate any feedback on ODEO.

Thanks,

Steve Shulenski

Last edited by SteveSki : December 14, 2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old December 16, 2006, 04:18 PM
Rod Carr

Default Re: Help - Has anyone here ever used ODEO?

Steve,

My partner and I actually developed a simple online voice recorder awhile back because there didn't seem to be any quick, easy, and cheap solutions on the market. (And the ones like odeo didn't work)

Because of other business commitments and market factors we haven't done much with it.

But it works great for simple voice recordings (has for over 4 years), and with the actual record-and-play cost of those little mp3 files, IMHO anybody that shells out a monthly fee is getting ripped.

Anyway, you might want to try http://www.easyaudiorecorder.com

Cheers,

Rod Carr
Old December 17, 2006, 06:54 PM
Eternal Optimist

Hi, Rod - sending you an email about your product.

Margaret
Old December 18, 2006, 03:38 PM
Eternal Optimist

Hi, Rod - I sent a payment to payment@easyaudiorecorder email addy - and it's unclaimed as yet. .....

er, I'd love to test the software Please let me know how you're doing with this.

Margaret
Old December 19, 2006, 02:54 PM
Rod Carr

Hi Margaret,

Everything was and is working fine. There were no problems whatsoever with the recorder application on our server.

I don’t know what your IE7 settings were so I don’t know why the recorder applet didn’t download right away.

The only issue I had was a very simple, yet equally strange one.

Somehow the speaker volume settings on my machine were too low to hear my recordings. When I turned it up, everything was fine.

What I can’t explain is how the same thing happened to my partner and our programmer’s machines?

We all live in the Pacific NW, and it must have had something to do with the violent weather storm that passed through and hammered everybody’s power supply.

Anyway, once the applet is on your machine and you can see the recorder it is ready to go.

(And you can also reset your security and download settings, as that will have no effect on the recordings you create on your machine, or the transfer of those mp3 files.)

Just make sure your microphone and speakers are set properly so you can record.

And note that if you want to use it from another machine you just have to login and download it on that machine.

If you or any other forum members have any feedback on improving our instructions to install, or other comments, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Like I said we haven't done much to promote this site and tool yet. But will likely improve it and get after some business early next year, as there appears to be a genuine need for a simple, inexpensive online voice recorder.

And your comments would be most helpful.

The only problem we need to clear up is with Paypal. But that’s our problem (and not really a problem). Paypal’s working fine for my other sites, but just not right now for EasyAudioRecorder.

So anybody that wants to sign up can, we’ll just have to catch up to you later.

But hey, maybe that’s not a bad way to go in the first place?

Happy Holidays

Rod

http://www.easyaudiorecorder.com
Old December 19, 2006, 03:02 PM
Rod Carr

Hi, Margaret - notice that you sent an unclaimed payment. And that IS a problem to get cleared up with Paypal right away.

Thank you,

Rod
Old December 19, 2006, 03:58 PM
Rod Carr

Paypal payment issue is now resolved
Rod