SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old September 19, 2006, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Default What Joe Karbo told me about netting a quick and easy 500 dollars a day

OH, Joe T., this headline scored 20% at the Advanced(?) Marketing Institute. They say this headline appeals to the intellect. OK.

Anyhow, here's what Joe Karbo DID tell me about making a quick and easy 500 dollars a day:

Joe said, "Do 500 dollar a day activities." Activities mean active. Action. Movement.

If you've never heard of Joe, he's the guy who wrote one of the greatest headlines ever and sold 10 million dollars worth of his book; The Lazy Man's Way to Riches (which scored 33.33% as a headline at AMI).

The ironic thing about our talks is, we almost never talked about marketing, mail order or making money. Boy was I Toopid...and I hate toopid people, I hate me!

Joe and I talked about boats. When I think of my boats, I'm thinking of the submarines I served on. When my brother talks about his boat, he's speaking of a 15 foot piece of aluminum that allows him to get away from the din of the day...but when Joe Karbo was talking to me about a boat...

well, he was talking YACHTS.

If you were to make 500 dollars a day, 5 days a week for the year, you'd be in the upper percentiles of American earners and have a gross income of $130,000.00

That would be a lot of bikes, drapes, aquariums, tools and other types of Chattel passing through your fingers.

Joe was telling me about an OPTION he had on a "boat" that he was planning to flip and the net profit would be about 45,000 dollars. Which would mean that Joe would have had to do 3 of those chattel deals a year to reach the magical number of "financial freedom", which is what 120k was once considered. But he was too busy earning his living to make any "chatteling" money. ;0)

ONE small jet plane bought and sold would cover the 130k for the year too, as would a lot of luxury chattel.

BUT, you've got to crawl before you toddle, and toddle before you walk and walk before you run.

And this has been the disappointing thing for me this past month or so. Giving people a realistic way to start some cash flow, to give them a chance to get out of debt, to learn HOW to do something that could give them a lifetime of freedom...and some of them are complaining they are not RUNNING to the bank yet after a week of READING The Beginner's Guide to Chatteling Course .

It is a course. And there are LESSONS to do. So do ME and yourself a favor right now. IF you aren't serious about changing your condition, or if you really are just curious, save yourself some time and MONEY (because I don't offer refunds) and don't get The Beginner's Guide to Chatteling Course. It is NOT for you.

Have you ever visited ClickBank and gone through each subject and see what is selling? And here is where HYPE wins. Because it works. Maybe you'd be better off buying one of those "make a million dollar a year products" by sitting in your Lazy Azz Boy in your underwear watching football games...

that is your choice.

But if you are serious about making 100 bux a day, 500 dollars a day, or even $1,000.00 a day or MORE...then know that Joe Karbo was spot on when he said:

"Do ____ dollar a day activities."

It is the DO part that have so many Netizens confused and dazed.

Gordon Jay Alexander

P.S. this is for DOER'S only:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Beginners-Gu...QQcmdZViewItem
Old September 20, 2006, 08:37 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: What Joe Karbo told me about netting a quick and easy 500 dollars a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
But if you are serious about making 100 bux a day, 500 dollars a day, or even $1,000.00 a day or MORE...then know that Joe Karbo was spot on when he said:

"Do ____ dollar a day activities."

It is the DO part that have so many Netizens confused and dazed.

Gordon Jay Alexander

P.S. this is for DOER'S only:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Beginners-Gu...QQcmdZViewItem
Hi Gordon Jay,

I just wanted to mention, I am personally very glad I learned the "art of chatteling" from you... Why?

Because it means, when I need to, I know how to make money - using nothing other than a newspaper (or a "buy/sell" trading paper) and a few dollars. (Nowadays I also often use eBay too.)

I don't do it all the time... But if I need to make some extra money, I know how to do it.

It's great because it gives you peace of mind - that feeling of "security", since you know that there are dollars out there, just waiting to be picked up - for those who are willing to chase them!

In my opinion, this simple activity also provides the foundation for almost all business... So if you have no business experience, it's probably the easiest way to see how it all "works".

- Dien
Old September 20, 2006, 11:30 PM
ImpactYourArea.com

Default Re: What Joe Karbo told me about netting a quick and easy 500 dollars a day

Greetings Gordon,

The Beginner's Guide to Chatteling Course is a must read and then a must do. I look forward to receiving the Report.

Just today, I had to make a drive over to Lake Okeechobee that was four hours in length. 2 hours over and 2 hours back.

Even though it was a long drive, I utilized that time to note what people and businesses were selling from their yards and parking lots. Prior to reading your course I never gave much thought to the Chattel on the side of the road.

It's everywhere!

The Chattel is hidden in plain sight.

For those of you that need a quick push, since reading the course, here is all you have to do.

Drive around in your town or city. Really look at people's yards. Do you see something you might want to buy, so you can turn around and sell it?

Whatever you do, don't say, "I don't think they want to sell that _______". If you see something, then stop, get out of your vehicle, walk up to the door, and knock.

If the door is answered, simply say, "I was driving by your house and noticed you have ________ in your yard. I wanted to know if you would be willing to sell it to me?"

They will either say "Yes" or "No". If it's "No", give them a business card, in case they change their mind later, thank them for their time and leave.

If the answer is "Yes". Make them an offer.

If no one answers the door, leave a business card and a note on the back that you are interested in buying their ______.

It's that easy.

Now do like Gordon said, "Hit the ball!"

From the Trouse
Woody Quiñones