SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 17, 2011, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Default THE number one reason for Failure and Success is:

I'll make this a statement of fact, however, it is just my opinion. You can make your own.

Success wears blinders.
Failure is over stimulated.

Success has a goal, a target and a plan to reach it.
Failure gets distracted.

Success makes the time to do what it needs to do.
Failure lets time slip away.

In the past two years I've had a big change of ideology, a change which came from working with many people one to one.

I have a formula (well known to SowPub regulars) which is:

Write a ONE page Hotsheet on what you want to do.
Write a FOUR page Whitepaper on how you think it is going to happen.
Write a TEN page Plan of Action which fully fleshes out the idea.

Then, when you have ten pages of well thought out strategy, plug your plan into a calendar, a ONE year goal with step by step detail which takes you to your goal.

KNOW and understand you have to make adjustments, BUT, you stay focused on the goal.

Last year I adjusted my coaching program and began a ONE year refund guarantee. I very clearly stated in my promotions, in my correspondence and on the phone with potential students that they would NOT receive a refund for one year (or in a few cases, 10 months on Dec. 24, 2011)

The reason I adjusted this refund guarantee was to try to find more committed people. People who understood that TIME is the key factor.

MOST people overestimate how much time they have to work on their part-time projects. MOST people struggle to get a 10 page thought out yplan. MOST people have difficulty doing a one year Plan Of Action and a step by step goal sheet.

I wrongfully thought it would eliminate a certain "type" of person, one who wants to start a project but doesn't follow through. I thought if they understood their money was going to be locked up for a year, they would stick with the project. WRONG...

I've had more than a few people ask for an EMERGENCY refund because something came up and they are cash strapped. I deal with them on a case by case basis. HOWEVER, it has been discouraging to work with people who give up, quit, get distracted and can't stay focused.

It goes back to Square One. Knowing what you want.

And WHY.

The process I use helps people identify this want. The hotsheet is easy to write. The White Paper isn't hard. But 10 pages of thinking about where you want to go and how you're going to get there...that makes a difference.

Then, when you use a White Board and build your ONE year Plan of Action...you can see the committment you are making to YOUR SELF.

NOT to me. You don't have to "please" me. You have to know what you want and why you are willing to work for it.

So, based upon my many years of experience, I believe that

Success knows what it wants and gets it.
Failure flounders.

Success has focus.
Failure has greener pastures.

Success overcomes problems, difficulties and situations.
Failure gives up.

Put your blinders on and your nose to the grindstone and pursue your dreams with your feet on the ground, your eyes on the target and your mind on success and don't see anything else.

Things may still come up, outside events happen. But do a little sensory deprivation, quit getting so much outside stimuli, shut off the world...and focus on the daily activity which builds your solid foundation and leads you down a path which has success as a daily outcome.

Gordon Jay Alexander