SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 16, 2015, 03:28 PM
Thomas

Default Re: There you go, I may have to stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Just to be clear, NO salesman was used, all orders came via phone or email or fax?

If you say the orders came without a meeting, then, yes, I do stand corrected.

If the video generated leads, then that is a different story.

I think Bob meant that video "initiated" the sale. When it comes to selling construction jobs, there is usually a more complex process involved - product selection, measurements, design, specs, estimations, permits etc.
Old April 16, 2015, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Default I only have what he wrote to go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I think Bob meant that video "initiated" the sale. When it comes to selling construction jobs, there is usually a more complex process involved - product selection, measurements, design, specs, estimations, permits etc.

This is true for tradesman too, like ROOFERS, who seldom get a job because they have a video or a Page One ranking even, especially if they have questionable reviews on Angies list.
would disagree vehemently about that since we have sold thousands of dollars worth of roofing strictly through videos.
The real estate video would work if properly optimized and seo-ed, it would come up on page one for relevant keyword searches.
I did this with the one broker who eventually screwed me out of 24k....took her from nowhere on mls list of brokers to number 9 ( whatever that means )in 90 days. Sold 12 homes...in the high 500's...strictly using videos...she owed me 2k per house for marketing...which she didnt pay ...anyway , I wouldnt work with another real estate broker unless I get paid in advance...they make too much for one sale, are cheap, and ego driven( painting with a big brush now)

Yes, I agree it is complex transactions.

If video is generating more LEADS than non video, OK, but still, the video is NOT making the sale, strictly speaking, of course.

Gordon

Maybe strictly means something I'm unaware of?

AS for page one of google, type in your address, if it doesn't come up on page one, and it shoud be the first thing you see, I'll eat my hat.

Why would anything come up for YOUR ADDRESS???
Old April 17, 2015, 01:54 AM
cash4notes

Default Re: Selling tools to miners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcalister View Post
This is true for tradesman too, like ROOFERS, who seldom get a job because they have a video or a Page One ranking even, especially if they have questionable reviews on Angies list.
would disagree vehemently about that since we have sold thousands of dollars worth of roofing strictly through videos.
The real estate video would work if properly optimized and seo-ed, it would come up on page one for relevant keyword searches.
I did this with the one broker who eventually screwed me out of 24k....took her from nowhere on mls list of brokers to number 9 ( whatever that means )in 90 days. Sold 12 homes...in the high 500's...strictly using videos...she owed me 2k per house for marketing...which she didnt pay ...anyway , I wouldnt work with another real estate broker unless I get paid in advance...they make too much for one sale, are cheap, and ego driven( painting with a big brush now)

Wow! Ask... no demand that she give you a written or video testimonial! She knows that you did your job! Now with her testimonial you have proof of concept, now you can charge up front.
Old April 17, 2015, 09:30 AM
bobmcalister

well...why would I get a testimonial from a dishonest broker who owed me money ?
and yes, the videos generate leads...the lifeblood of any business..they do not close the sale ...surely you were joking about that ?
one video has had over 130k legitimate views and generated calls to my cell from all over the US. I am in the process of making a video series that I will sell since so many people have called asking questions about the metal roofing.
the real estate videos were tagged and seo-ed using keyword planner so it did arrive on page one for several search terms...not just the address.
There are several companies now who do real estate videos AND ranking who use a similar approach ..dont know what they charge tho.
As far as FSBO folks, I havent tried it ...yet. May do one today and optimize it for a high price home and see how it ranks. You do know you can use adwords in youtube?
Gordon...I was caught with my pants down on monitoring her sales..think I was 'in love' at the time .. ...she did email me at the start, telling me she had to hire another agent and for me to slow down til she could catch up with the business...which is a pretty good testimonial in itself , I guess. and even then, I didnt require any results. I know , deep in my heart, that you are teasing about me selling the homes since I was not licensed. There is no method that I know to sell houses without personal involvement of the agent or owner.
Funny how when one revisits a past emotional experience, all the feelings come back. She projected herself to me and the community as a devoted Christian , Church of God, and I fell for that instead of being more demanding. Now, we will get comments on religion..heheh

Last edited by bobmcalister : April 17, 2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old April 17, 2015, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Default Bob, I don't doubt the effectiveness of videos...

They do attract attention and if I were in a business, I'd be using them too.

My "issue", if it is one, and I have no boxer in the ring, no dog in the hunt, no car in the race (OK, I'm done)...

...is...

the Biz Op of making these videos

like any money making stuff, may or may not work for one, perhaps because of personality, or experience...

but if there is a motive, such as selling a how to report, then I feel it should be questioned and vetted.

Also, your Realtor, a Christian, didn't act very Christian like, but as noted, lesson learned.

What you did for her, you should be able to replicate for others, and with or without her permission, you could still show what work you did, the videos, and the results...don't even need to mention her name...to get other Realtors if that is what you want to do.

From your writing, you seem to have a ready market for your videos on the metal roofs, maybe it is a "strike while the fire is hot" sort of thing.

Also, it may or may not be a concern, but, I'd be aware of Google, if they even sniff at someone making money off of them, they could shift the sands, but still...

ANYONE into this video marketing, should DO it, most details have been shared, and a few hours of time will give anyone their answer.

Gordon

Quote:
well...why would I get a testimonial from a dishonest broker who owed me money ?
and yes, the videos generate leads...the lifeblood of any business..they do not close the sale ...surely you were joking about that ?
one video has had over 130k legitimate views and generated calls to my cell from all over the US. I am in the process of making a video series that I will sell since so many people have called asking questions about the metal roofing.
the real estate videos were tagged and seo-ed using keyword planner so it did arrive on page one for several search terms...not just the address.
There are several companies now who do real estate videos AND ranking who use a similar approach ..dont know what they charge tho.
As far as FSBO folks, I havent tried it ...yet. May do one today and optimize it for a high price home and see how it ranks. You do know you can use adwords in youtube?
Gordon...I was caught with my pants down on monitoring her sales..think I was 'in love' at the time .. ...she did email me at the start, telling me she had to hire another agent and for me to slow down til she could catch up with the business...which is a pretty good testimonial in itself , I guess. and even then, I didnt require any results. I know , deep in my heart, that you are teasing about me selling the homes since I was not licensed. There is no method that I know to sell houses without personal involvement of the agent or owner.
Funny how when one revisits a past emotional experience, all the feelings come back. She projected herself to me and the community as a devoted Christian , Church of God, and I fell for that instead of being more demanding. Now, we will get comments on religion..heheh
Old April 17, 2015, 10:41 AM
Don Alm

Default Re: Git yer own Phone Number!!!

I learned (the hard way, like Bob) to......CONTROL THE PHONE NUMBER!

I use Call-Fire and....Google Phone (Free) so that if a client stops paying or doesn't pay.....I Re-Direct the phone number.

Talk about "Motivation"......one Agent "promised to pay" at end of the month.... then asked for "extension" of 2 wks. When 2wks came....I switched the phone.

I received a "frantic call" the next day "begging" me to come by and pick up my check!!

Don Alm
Old April 17, 2015, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Default May be the best advice yet.

Control the phone number.

Yep, that is great advice Don.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post
I learned (the hard way, like Bob) to......CONTROL THE PHONE NUMBER!

I use Call-Fire and....Google Phone (Free) so that if a client stops paying or doesn't pay.....I Re-Direct the phone number.

Talk about "Motivation"......one Agent "promised to pay" at end of the month.... then asked for "extension" of 2 wks. When 2wks came....I switched the phone.

I received a "frantic call" the next day "begging" me to come by and pick up my check!!

Don Alm
Old April 17, 2015, 07:54 PM
sandalwood

Quote:

Bob,

I answered the question you asked me in the pm. Check your box and we'll get together.

Tom

Last edited by sandalwood : April 17, 2015 at 08:17 PM.