SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old May 5, 2015, 01:04 PM
sandalwood

Default Re: Auto Dealers Meet Facebook. Facebook Wins.

If you remember Cal Worthington and his dog spot, you know the value of making your advertising interesting. I would imagine a video knock off today would get quite a bit of attention.

If you don't remember Cal, go see Cal, go see Cal. If you google him you'll know what I mean.

Just my 2¢...
Old May 5, 2015, 04:33 PM
Don Alm

Default How Bout $1,600 A MONTH from Car Dealers!

Excuse me for "again" busting in on a thread but.....I Ben Dere.....Done Dat and I'd like to toss in something I've done that might inspire or motivate someone else.

WHAT is "IT"?

Back in da good Old Days.....as a Marketing Sales Guy I'd "hang around" my client Dealerships after selling then a "Photo Magnet Calendar" program or something else (Auto Dealerships were BIG BUX and little ol' ME had an "IN" with them .....and......I'd overhear conversations about OTHER "Marketing Problems".

One conversation that "Hit My HOT Button" was when a GM was talking with the Owner of the Dealership. They were "wondering" what they could do to "Get Some Referrals"......someway for their car buyers to be "Motivated" to REFER OTHERS to THEIR Dealership!

So.....I went back to my "Man-Cave"....cranked up my PC put together a "MAILING PIECE" ...."Follow-Up" program I had done for a different Niche and.....modified it for Auto Dealers and....WHALA!.....came up with something the GM Liked and the Owner BOUGHT! (See Photo Below....Note: you are gettin this FREE! I used to charge a pretty penny to even SEE this Photo)

SO.....after listening to what the 2 Top Dogs were talking about (Understand something here.....the MAIN reason why I've been able to Create & Sell so many different PROFITABLE Programs was because of 2 Reasons;
1) I LIKE people, I'm interested in HELPING people enjoy a better life
2) I love being , ON the "Field-Of-Battle....I LOVE meeting people....."Belly-To-Belly", especially Business Owners (because I started my first biz from scratch with a worried wifee and 2 babies and turned it into a success)

So.....I found out when the Owner of the Dealership was coming in the next day....I asked 3 questions;
1) What Time does he usually come in,
2) Where's he park and
3) What Color is his car

So......it took me 3 Tries to find the Owner's car parked in HIS Space so finally ....there he was.....I quickly parked.....and went in and told his "rejectionist" I'd like 90 seconds of his time to see MY Answer to "Getting More Referrals"!

I "emphasized" the word "Referrals"!

SO......the 'boss" came out of his office and "Spurted Out"; "OK! Whatcha got!"

I was sort of shocked that he didn't even invite me into his office HOWEVER, I understood that he was usually BomBarded with Sales people bidding for his time......so.....I whipped out my Sheet (Photo Below) and proceeded to explain HOW MY....."Follow-Up" program could bring in MORE Referrals and SELL MORE CARS for him!

Holy Camoly! It was like the guy came "UN-Glued" from his previous stance of "I'm King and ya better show ME why I should spend the next few seconds with YOU!"

He...."mellowed out" after he took a look at my "Thingee" and suddenly realized; "Hey! THIS looks GOOD and could possibly help us get More Referrals so....I better invite this guy intto my office!"

Anyways.....I SOLD my "Follow-Up" program to this dealership AND..... because of HIS participation....I was able to Sell Many more Dealerships.

So.....thanks for letting me Post this. Maybe it will benefit someone.

Don Alm

Note: This post WITH Photo.....might appear "mundane" or "Irrelovent" to your making money efforts HOWEVER.....this "little One Page Document".....along with MY Sales Expertise and Program..... was able to get 16.....I repeat SIXTEEN.....prominent Auto Dealers to Pay ME an average of 80 Car Sales a Month x $20 per Car Sale = $1,600 A MONTH from EACH of my 16 DEALERS!!!!!!!! For a "FOLLOW-UP" Program that brought THEM.....MANY Referrals and MORE ...RETURN ON INVESTMENT.....than anything they've ever done!!!

16 Car Dealers Paying ME $1,600 A MONTH.... EACH ..... = 16 x $1,600 = TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS A MONTH!

"IT".....IS OUT THERE! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS......GO GET IT!

Don Alm......Go-Getter from way back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ThankYouSurveyCard-page-001__1430857483_68.113.46.95.jpg (39.3 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Don Alm : May 5, 2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old May 5, 2015, 04:59 PM
Don Alm

Default Re: $25,000 A MONTH from Auto Dealers

Excuse me.....my "Reason" for commenting on my previous post is to EMPHASIZE and ........"MAKE YOU VIEWERS REALIZE THAT......YOU CAN CHANGE CHANGE YOUR LIFE....BY SIMPLY ......GETTING AN IDEA......MAKING IT "PRESENTABLE" to Possible Buyers.....then.....Selling IT to them!

Don Alm......who has spent his life.....coming up with ideas and....selling them!
Old May 5, 2015, 05:38 PM
teamplayer

Default Re: $25,000 A MONTH from Auto Dealers

Not bad, not bad at all, A simple, but clever document like that bringing in so many sales. I wonder if the idea still works these days? Or maybe all the auto dealers copied it and are doing it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post
Excuse me.....my "Reason" for commenting on my previous post is to EMPHASIZE and ........"MAKE YOU VIEWERS REALIZE THAT......YOU CAN CHANGE CHANGE YOUR LIFE....BY SIMPLY ......GETTING AN IDEA......MAKING IT "PRESENTABLE" to Possible Buyers.....then.....Selling IT to them!

Don Alm......who has spent his life.....coming up with ideas and....selling them!

Last edited by teamplayer : May 5, 2015 at 05:38 PM. Reason: bad grammar
Old May 5, 2015, 06:07 PM
OddBall

Default Re: How Bout $1,600 A MONTH from Car Dealers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post
16 Car Dealers Paying ME $1,600 A MONTH.... EACH ..... = 16 x $1,600 = TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS A MONTH!

"IT".....IS OUT THERE! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS......GO GET IT!

Don Alm......Go-Getter from way back

Hey Don,

Ya post has really piqued my interest because I've been doing something similar in the last couple of weeks, let me back up....

I'm getting a bit fed up with the online marketing stuff for biz owners, for 1 thing its getting to be a crowed market ...HOWEVER

After studying some of my old marketing materials, decided on looking for biz owners with customer data bases, discovered a really good niche in fact this biz owner makes on average $250.00 p/call out the work is completed in a couple of hours!

I've seen 2 owners, had the meeting with the last guy last week, and showed him my sample of the 'reactivation letter' boy was he IMPRESSED, agreed to do a test mailing which he would pay for and give me a % per lead/deal.

ALL i want out of the deal is testimonials so i have the proof this works so i can sell to other biz owners.

Both these owners wanted to do a test IMMEDIATELY ...so WHY haven't they called me?

[I have called them and sent an email]

Its simply this: they CAN do it all themselves so WHY pay me?!

SO when i look at your deal, its only a referral program on a sheet on paper whats stopping them doing it themselves OR I'm i missing something?

P.S...a new Don Alm FAN!

BTW, after studying the Gary Halbert tapes over the weekend, I'm thinking about getting into the diet pill or wrinkle cream biz... lol!
Old May 5, 2015, 06:50 PM
Don Alm

I'm sorry.....whenever I see a comment like yours that says; "Hey! I presented a GREAT Program to prospects and they have NOT contacted me. Probably because THEY can do this .....themselves!

Au.....Hogwash!

Biz people are TOO BUSY to "do it themselves"!

It is YOU....who have failed to CLOSE the deal! Most "salespeople" do not KNOW.....how to CLOSE! They present their program....then....sit back and WAIT for prospects to call and ask; "Where Do I Send Payment!"

So......if you give me the Names of these prospects who have not responded, I'd betcha....little ol' ME.....could get them to Pay!

However.....I'm not selling anymore!

And....when I was selling.....when one of my potential clients would say, "Hey! I just got this in the mail (or email...or Phone).....their program does THIS a lot better than what you're offering!

My first question is, "Why didn't YOU buy it?

As I've gone thru my Sales Career there's always some kind of "new thingee" that potential buyers have told me about.....in every Niche. When I ask why
they didn't buy.....they'd come up with all kinds of reasons.

However.....us Belly-To-Belly" guys would ALWAYS get the deals.....because WE....knew how to CLOSE!

Now.....fast forward to 2015. I do NOT "WAIT" for my prospects to contact me! They KNOW that....if they don't grab my program NOW.....their competition WILL!

It's all in.....HOW you "Handle" your dealee!

Anyways.....everyday I see new Money-Making stuff and I know that if I wanted to.....I could "Waltz Into" the program and get MY SHARE of the market. Why? Because of the many times I've done it!

I'll never forget when I started selling a promo program in my town of Glenwood Springs, CO. I interviewed and hired a gal.....trained her and she decided to take MY stuff and go to the big city of Grand Junction.

So.....when I found out she had rented an office and "hired" 3 sales guys.... I put together a program for GJ and......proceeded to go down there and Sell the Shi....t out of it and.....every morning as I was heading out to contact prospects I made it a point to pass by her office and see the cars parked... which gave me a BUZZ to Sell The Shi.....t out of my program with the windup being......she gave up after 2 wks because I had already CLOSED.....MOST of her proepects!

Anyways.....because prospects have NOT contacted you does NOT mean they are ....."Doing It Themselves"! YOU have NOT "closed" them!

Don Alm......closer from waay baack
Old May 5, 2015, 07:00 PM
sandalwood

I made a thread: http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35051

that gives you a way to make money from auto dealerships. They need to reduce their overhead like everyone else. Remember, if they are spending 500 per auto to advertise and you can reduce it to 90 per auto you should have a client.

Don't discount any of the ideas on this thread. Mine is only one idea among many.

Good luck to all the doers.

Tom
Old May 6, 2015, 08:39 AM
OddBall

Hey Don, thanks for your response!

I bet when ya read my post... ya neck wound out right to the computer screen lol...!

Anyway its good to read ya post cos it gets ya thinking...

Both these biz guys have their customers names on paper (invoices) NOT on computer, i offered to get the test sample onto a text file, however they both declined, said they'd get it done...

At the end of the day i have to tread carefully, as the campaign is still NOT proven, even though I'm 99% sure it would work, even it they got 1 measly sale out of 100 letters its still PROFITABLE to the biz owner.

Right now I'm compiling a letter (1st class snail mail they get it the next day here) and going to tell them straight YOU got 48 hours to call me OR i got elsewhere, ie: their competition, BUT I'll write in a mellow tone, as I'm a limey and I've found being to hardcore with biz owners here...they are likely to tell you to pis* off!

Must say from what i read you yanks really go for the jugular when it comes to selling!

@sandalwood - Tom, interesting thread on auto dealerships, however I am from the UK, are you sure this couldn't be done over the pond...?
Old May 6, 2015, 05:29 PM
sandalwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall View Post

@sandalwood - Tom, interesting thread on auto dealerships, however I am from the UK, are you sure this couldn't be done over the pond...?

I feel certain it can be done across the pond. We simply do not do it, yet. I'd love for it to get to Australia. Always wanted to see what an OZ looks like

Tom