SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old August 13, 2022, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Default Spilling my guts, handing out keys to the vault, insider secrets, and such.

Bob Beckman came to Cuyahoga Falls, and after an amazing time at Mary Campbell's cave, he told me, he wanted to keep low flying, and collect the dough...as has been my mantra for decades.

Bob was one very smart cookie, I've found it beneficial to surround myself with people (like Dien Rice) who are much smarter than I am, it always makes me nervous if I even begin to think, I'm the brightest bulb in the room...and on very rare occassions that happens (family reunions?), I seek a different room.

Anyhow, I do have secrets. .

NO, you can't buy them. And NO, you don't even need them. Do you?

I have come to a point, where I really don't care for copywriters today...and in fact, for most IM marketing.

It is relentless, as it must be. And if one more talking head on youtube is about to share his secrets with me, but only in the next 11 hours, clock is ticking...

I'm going to puke.

That's all.

Gordon
Old August 14, 2022, 12:08 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default I've identified 26 different ways...

Hi Gordon,

I miss the late, great, Bob Beckman...

Speaking of "secrets"... I've been compiling a list of what makes something "interesting"...

I'm now up to 26 different ways to make something "interesting" (though there is some overlap among the 26)...

When many people talk about creating a story, they talk about "conflict"... That's just one out of the 26 ways I've managed to notice...

How do I use this? I use it in my own writing... to make it more interesting...

Speaking of copywriters... I've noticed some copywriters use some of these techniques. Others use some of the other techniques. I'm not aware of anyone who uses them _all_...

The techniques of different copywriters are different (along with other "interesting" writers)... That part I find fascinating.

The techniques of a Mel Martin are quite different from the techniques of a Bill Glazer or a David Ogilvy! But they all "work" (and grab your attention)!

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Bob Beckman came to Cuyahoga Falls, and after an amazing time at Mary Campbell's cave, he told me, he wanted to keep low flying, and collect the dough...as has been my mantra for decades.

Bob was one very smart cookie, I've found it beneficial to surround myself with people (like Dien Rice) who are much smarter than I am, it always makes me nervous if I even begin to think, I'm the brightest bulb in the room...and on very rare occassions that happens (family reunions?), I seek a different room.

Anyhow, I do have secrets. .

NO, you can't buy them. And NO, you don't even need them. Do you?

I have come to a point, where I really don't care for copywriters today...and in fact, for most IM marketing.

It is relentless, as it must be. And if one more talking head on youtube is about to share his secrets with me, but only in the next 11 hours, clock is ticking...

I'm going to puke.

That's all.

Gordon
Old August 14, 2022, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Default Let's have a look see, eh?

Give us the goods sir...tell us...how to make something interesting.

In fact, we can have a discussion of your favs, how they are used and how we all might benefit from your research. As I lose interest in copywriting, you are picking up the slack for us all.

How about your first 7?

G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

I miss the late, great, Bob Beckman...

Speaking of "secrets"... I've been compiling a list of what makes something "interesting"...

I'm now up to 26 different ways to make something "interesting" (though there is some overlap among the 26)...

When many people talk about creating a story, they talk about "conflict"... That's just one out of the 26 ways I've managed to notice...

How do I use this? I use it in my own writing... to make it more interesting...

Speaking of copywriters... I've noticed some copywriters use some of these techniques. Others use some of the other techniques. I'm not aware of anyone who uses them _all_...

The techniques of different copywriters are different (along with other "interesting" writers)... That part I find fascinating.

The techniques of a Mel Martin are quite different from the techniques of a Bill Glazer or a David Ogilvy! But they all "work" (and grab your attention)!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old August 15, 2022, 09:33 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default I'll tell you a secret...

Hi Gordon,

If there is enough interest, I might turn my 26 ways of what makes something "interesting" into a course in the future...

Some of these took me literally years to realize and understand!

One of the lesser-known ones is used by one of today's copywriters as the basis for a multi-thousand-dollar priced course (not kidding)...

Here's a different one...

It's revealing a "secret"...

If you promise to reveal a "secret" - ears perk up! (...Or eyes light up!)

I actually have an archive of "secrets" that I've come across... I haven't really used any of these yet.

I started collecting them for potential use in future products or promotions...

Here's an example...

What is the secret of living a long life?

According to still-working 90-year old Hong Kong actor Wu Fung, part of it is finding something that continues to motivate you... and to stay active doing that!
"According to Wu Fung, his secret to remaining active and healthy is to find something that motivates him in life.

"'Continuously working will allow you to feel even more energetic and useful. Although you’ll have to fork out your physical strength for filming, having to remember lines and interact more with people will allow your brain to become more nimble,' he said."
Your activity doesn't have to be in acting!

But I believe it's good (for your health and mind) to stay active doing something you love...

(I plan to never retire, health permitting, because I love what I do...)

He also recommends to...
  • Work with younger people, which makes you feel younger...
  • Stay active and walk more...
  • Eat more vegetables, less red meat, and less oil, sugar, and salt...
  • Eat soups, to "moisten the lungs"...
  • Drink a glass of warm, boiled water every day, to clear the stomach...
Below is the original article! It's one of many saved in my "secrets" file...

People have built whole businesses based on revealing "secrets!"

Veteran HK Actor Wu Fung Celebrates 90th Birthday; Shares His Secret To Staying Healthy & Active
https://www.8days.sg/entertainment/a...irthday-599966

Woo Fung on Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowie_Wu

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Give us the goods sir...tell us...how to make something interesting.

In fact, we can have a discussion of your favs, how they are used and how we all might benefit from your research. As I lose interest in copywriting, you are picking up the slack for us all.

How about your first 7?

G.
Old August 16, 2022, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Default For people who like secrets...

The NY times book of secrets is right for you.

HA. My Mel Martin impression. Hacha cha cha, I got a million of em.

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

If there is enough interest, I might turn my 26 ways of what makes something "interesting" into a course in the future...

Some of these took me literally years to realize and understand!

One of the lesser-known ones is used by one of today's copywriters as the basis for a multi-thousand-dollar priced course (not kidding)...

Here's a different one...

It's revealing a "secret"...

If you promise to reveal a "secret" - ears perk up! (...Or eyes light up!)

I actually have an archive of "secrets" that I've come across... I haven't really used any of these yet.

I started collecting them for potential use in future products or promotions...

Here's an example...

What is the secret of living a long life?

According to still-working 90-year old Hong Kong actor Wu Fung, part of it is finding something that continues to motivate you... and to stay active doing that!
"According to Wu Fung, his secret to remaining active and healthy is to find something that motivates him in life.

"'Continuously working will allow you to feel even more energetic and useful. Although you’ll have to fork out your physical strength for filming, having to remember lines and interact more with people will allow your brain to become more nimble,' he said."
Your activity doesn't have to be in acting!

But I believe it's good (for your health and mind) to stay active doing something you love...

(I plan to never retire, health permitting, because I love what I do...)

He also recommends to...
  • Work with younger people, which makes you feel younger...
  • Stay active and walk more...
  • Eat more vegetables, less red meat, and less oil, sugar, and salt...
  • Eat soups, to "moisten the lungs"...
  • Drink a glass of warm, boiled water every day, to clear the stomach...
Below is the original article! It's one of many saved in my "secrets" file...

People have built whole businesses based on revealing "secrets!"

Veteran HK Actor Wu Fung Celebrates 90th Birthday; Shares His Secret To Staying Healthy & Active
https://www.8days.sg/entertainment/a...irthday-599966

Woo Fung on Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowie_Wu

Best wishes,

Dien
Old August 16, 2022, 03:54 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default This company "ran" with it!

Hi Gordon,

That's exactly what I was thinking...

Boardroom (the company) ran with this!

It must have worked for them!

- Dien

Quote:
The NY times book of secrets is right for you.

HA. My Mel Martin impression. Hacha cha cha, I got a million of em.

G