SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 5, 2000, 10:52 AM
Gordon Alexander

Default This SOWPUB idea AIN'T workin...we're closing it down...

Not exactly.

We've only just begun.

Dien and I are on our "shakedown" cruise. Getting to know the site, working on the bugs, making sure everything works when we do OPEN.

See, right now we are by design, a well kept secret. But we're starting to submit to the search engines. Gearing up for the GRAND OPENING.

We want to open for business on Sept. 1, and although we don't have very much to sell (cause if we didn't have somethin, then it wouldn't be a business would it, more of a hobby)...

The first being REMOTE HYPNOSIS followed by a slew of Gord-e-books and other works as Dien finds them.

Then we will have the GRAND OPENING in October.
In Sept. I'll be doing some chats and interviews, and do some press releases. We want to take the Internet by storm, but we want to be in control at the same time.

So we are slow. In NO hurry at this point. Because we know what is coming our way, a lot of work.

I personally want to thank those of you that have been visiting during this Under Construction period. I appreciate your feedback and input.

I want to make this a site worth visiting.

One reminder, it is a WE deal. And I'm really enjoying YOUR stories. YOUR posts. Which will only get better.

So far, we haven't had to learn what the best deal is on an affiliate program. Dien and I don't want to be that kind of a forum.

Speaking of affiliate programs, it is in our plans, but again, we're in no hurry.

QUALITY first, then expansion.

Dien is testing out banner ads. He is learning new scripts. We have a lot to do.

And we both are working hard on it. It looks like we will make our Sept. 1 deadline. I hope to have REMOTE HYPNOSIS thoruoughly reviewed and revised and to make it the best 12 buck investment on the Net.

I think it will be good because of YOU and your feedback. I DO value your opinions.

Also your wit and intelligence, and maybe even more importantly,

your common sense.

Read some of the forums (if you dare) and you see there is a lack of that, BOY, I wish I could bottle it, common sense, and give it away as presents to the really needy...you know who I mean.

In the next couple of weeks, you'll see some changes, some additions, some subtractions.

Probably on the home page, I'm thinking of taking off the Five paths, and the SQUARE ONE WORKSHOPS and putting up an explanation of the SQ1 program.

I cover it in the LATER part of my bio, which I'm in NO hurry to post, although it is mostly written.

Also, I think Dien is going to put up a link to the Chattelers and probably a separate page where I will talk about Chattel.

If any of you CHATTELERS (Bill, George, Les, Dale)you know who you are, drop in, I'm going to be having some back-ends for you, and it will be a FUN affiliate program with only 7 affiliates.

So Bill, you might want to fire up Mr. Chattel, and you others, at least set up a one page web site that I can link to.

Dien and I had a nice phone talk yesterday, and we remain EXCITED and ENTHUSED about sowpub, and believe it will be a FUN and successful BUSINESS.

Don't forget this...it is DIEN RICE'S business, I'm here as a guest, same as you...

I'm sure if I step out of line, Dien will...

let's see, how did he put it on the phone yesterday...

either "slap the snot out of me" or beat me silly with a wet noodle.

Dien, I'm worried about you...but I understand the point.

SOWPUB is the property of Dr. Dien Rice, NOT Gordon Alexander...

I'm just a tired old sharecropper hoping I have a good year. Farmer Dien has provided some dang rich soil, I'll work hard so we all win. YOU first. Then Dien. Then me.

I'm confident it will work.

Thanks for reading this. Now you know some of our longer range plans.

Gordon (the guest) Alexander