SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old June 23, 2008, 09:51 AM
Millard Grubb

Default High Impact Marketing Solution

In earlier posts I had tried to get outside sales people to help me talk to business owners. I didn't have much success with that, so I went to my old standby, HIGH IMPACT Marketing.

It is working like a charm!

Yes, I am spending a little money, but when I want a business owner to sit up and take notice, I send them a packager that cannot forget. Kinda like "The Godfather" in lead generation.

When I tried to get a hold of a top internet guru, it took me DAYS to get to him. After I talked with him, I sent him a very special package, geared SPECIFICALLY to him.

He called me back and invited me to spend some time with him. I did and made quite a bit of money.

HIGH IMPACT marketing is definately working for me and what i will be concentrating on from now on.

Warmly,

Millard
Old June 23, 2008, 11:39 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: High Impact Marketing Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
In earlier posts I had tried to get outside sales people to help me talk to business owners. I didn't have much success with that, so I went to my old standby, HIGH IMPACT Marketing.

It is working like a charm!

Yes, I am spending a little money, but when I want a business owner to sit up and take notice, I send them a packager that cannot forget. Kinda like "The Godfather" in lead generation.

When I tried to get a hold of a top internet guru, it took me DAYS to get to him. After I talked with him, I sent him a very special package, geared SPECIFICALLY to him.

He called me back and invited me to spend some time with him. I did and made quite a bit of money.

HIGH IMPACT marketing is definately working for me and what i will be concentrating on from now on.
Hi Millard,

That sounds great!

May I ask, what exactly is "high impact marketing"? Is it the same kind of thing as "lumpy mail"?

("Lumpy mail" is where you send them something "lumpy"... It's guaranteed to get people curious to open up the envelope... One "lumpy mail" package I got once had a small stuffed toy inside, for example.)

Curious minds what to know... (Okay, I'm referring to myself. )

Best wishes!

Dien
Old June 23, 2008, 06:23 PM
Millard Grubb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Millard,

That sounds great!

May I ask, what exactly is "high impact marketing"? Is it the same kind of thing as "lumpy mail"?

("Lumpy mail" is where you send them something "lumpy"... It's guaranteed to get people curious to open up the envelope... One "lumpy mail" package I got once had a small stuffed toy inside, for example.)

Curious minds what to know... (Okay, I'm referring to myself. )

Best wishes!

Dien

Yes, it is lumpy mail, but with a difference.

I research my target and send them something specifically geared to them and THEIR interests. I also make sure it is NOT some "token" or "throw away" item. This is something that is impressive!

In the case of the Internet Guru, I sent him 42 pounds of material he could use to run his business.

Warmly,

Millard
Old June 23, 2008, 10:03 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Yes, it is lumpy mail, but with a difference.

I research my target and send them something specifically geared to them and THEIR interests. I also make sure it is NOT some "token" or "throw away" item. This is something that is impressive!

In the case of the Internet Guru, I sent him 42 pounds of material he could use to run his business.
Hi Millard,

Thanks for the explanation!

You're right, with "lumpy mail", it's often some sort of "token" item... Designed to get attention, and "link in" to the product somehow, but not to necessarily have much value in itself...

It's a little bit like a "lumpier" version of sticking a coin or some other object to the corner of a letter... Which helps ensure it will be read. (Robert Collier used this technique decades ago... Gary Halbert called these "grabbers"...)

But... I would think that using this idea for something of real value to your prospect would multiply its power immensely. Thanks Millard, that really is a great idea...

This is certainly a good way to get the attention of local businesses - because few people do this!

Cheers

Dien
Old June 24, 2008, 11:05 AM
Millard Grubb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Millard,

Thanks for the explanation!

You're right, with "lumpy mail", it's often some sort of "token" item... Designed to get attention, and "link in" to the product somehow, but not to necessarily have much value in itself...

It's a little bit like a "lumpier" version of sticking a coin or some other object to the corner of a letter... Which helps ensure it will be read. (Robert Collier used this technique decades ago... Gary Halbert called these "grabbers"...)

But... I would think that using this idea for something of real value to your prospect would multiply its power immensely. Thanks Millard, that really is a great idea...

This is certainly a good way to get the attention of local businesses - because few people do this!

Cheers

Dien

Dien,

You are correct!

The value of my special packages are that I TARGET the prospect individually and create a package STRICKLY for that individual prospect.

It works beautifully for me.

Better than ANYTHING I have ever done.

Warmly,

Millard
Old June 24, 2008, 12:24 PM
Adman

Hey Millard....Gary Halbert recommended sending your Sales Materials by FED-EX in a Box. Got past the "Office Sorter" and into the "boss's" hands every time.

Also...the thing that got Bill Myers into the BIG TIME was when he heard Gary was having one of his expensive Marketing seminars. Bill made up a Video especially for Gary, with Gary's Name on the Cover. Gary watched the Video and called and invited Bill to be a Speaker at his seminar.

With the ease with which DVDs can be made nowadays....you could make a special dvd for each Major Client you'd like to get.

Don Alm
Old June 24, 2008, 10:18 PM
Millard Grubb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adman View Post
Hey Millard....Gary Halbert recommended sending your Sales Materials by FED-EX in a Box. Got past the "Office Sorter" and into the "boss's" hands every time.

Also...the thing that got Bill Myers into the BIG TIME was when he heard Gary was having one of his expensive Marketing seminars. Bill made up a Video especially for Gary, with Gary's Name on the Cover. Gary watched the Video and called and invited Bill to be a Speaker at his seminar.

With the ease with which DVDs can be made nowadays....you could make a special dvd for each Major Client you'd like to get.

Don Alm

Don,

I am doing better than that....

I custom-make each package I send...

I get almost 100% callbacks... then it is up to me to close them.

Cheers,

Millard
Old June 25, 2008, 02:58 AM
Tim Thach

This method reminds me of some of the high impact relationship building
methods described in the book "Selling to the Affluent" by Dr. Thomas J.
Stanley.

One I recall right now is when a positive news release about a company
or when a book writer has a new release the sales agent would contact
the principle in a memorable manner (a clipping of the news article on a
wooden plaque) with his/her congratulations of the achievement.
Stoking the ego, increasing the clients' view of self-worth and
importance.

Consider using personalized "Ornamental Magnifiers" to intoduce yourself or improve an ongoing relationship.
Old August 16, 2009, 09:34 PM
sunfowerggs

Hi there, Would a new one like me be welcome here?
Thanks so much in deed.

demande simulation pret personnel en ligne - Pret personnel en ligne et de comparer les meilleurs taux afin de... La demande de prêt personnelen lignedemande simulation pret personnel en ligne
Old August 18, 2009, 08:49 PM
Lenovo

Thanks for all the updates in this thread - it may be a few months old now, but it's been interesting to flick through none the less.
comparatif simulation taux credit auto - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto