SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 25, 2015, 07:29 PM
Don Alm

Default WoW! Money-Makin'- Ideas are All around

We just got home from our wonderful M-Day BBQ and.....I HAD to sit down at my Laptop and report what happened TODAY.....May 25, 2015.

BackGround: I LOVE helping "Single Moms" earn money. So....2 wks ago a single mom approached me in our church parking lot and told me her husband and father of her 3 kids had left her and moved to another State and.....she "heard" that I.....was a guy with Many Ideas for earning money.

She told me that she had a job at a local Bank as a secretary BUT her salary was not enough to support her and her 3 kids and.....could I come up with some ideas for her to earn some "Side" income?

Well.....I went home and went thru my "Stuff" and I found a project I had done with some banks many years ago. (See Photo Below)

Here's how I came up with THIS one; I was in my bank lobby one day and happened to sit down and as I was putting together my papers and stuff I happened to overhear a conversation between the "New Accounts" clerk and a "New Business Owner" who had started a biz and had asked the clerk if the Bank was doing any "Promotion" for New Business Owners.

She replied that she didn't know of any and......this caused me to get one of my HOT FLASHES!

I had just finished putting up one of my "Ad Boards" in the lobby of the local Fitness Center and I thought.....Holy Camoly....why not put an "Ad Board" on the wall of the Bank Lobby.....just before people enter the Bank?

So.....I went home and made a wood Frame and placed some Ads from the Fitness Center Ad Board....into my new Frame and.....called it "PICTURES OF SUCCESS"!....with a subtitle...."Local Business and Professional Leaders".
I brought my frame to the Bank and asked the VP if they would allow me to mount my Ad Board on their lobby wall WITH ONLY Ads of THEIR CUSTOMERS!.....AND.....at NO charge to the Bank.

Anyways.....he took my Board into the Pres' office and came back and said, "It's ALL yours! Go for it!"

I thanked him and told him I'd show him what the Board looked like B4 I mounted it.

I then proceeded to get 24 local biz owners to pay me for a spot on my Ad Board.....AND.....I got 3 more Banks to allow me to mount my Ad Board in THEIR Lobbyies also.

ANyways.....fast forward to my single mom: I made up a Mock-Up Sample and told her to show it to the person in charge of this at her Bank...and, she could also go to other Banks to get their permission too.

Anyways.....I advised her along the way and.....last week her "JOB" was to sign up ONE Ad Client.

So.....at the BBQ....she comes over....gives me a HUG and tells me she got SIX biz owners to commit to .....not only HER Bank but others.

Anyways.....take a gander at the Photo below and realize that....."Money-Making Ideas are ALL Around YOU.

Have a great week,

Don Alm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img012__1432593863_68.113.46.95.jpg (47.2 KB, 31 views)