SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 25, 2020, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Default Overcome Pandemic Uncertainty with Focused Activity...

How to steer your boat to future success and avoid the shores of destruction.

Borrowing a page from Glenn Osborn's playbook (overtly, I ain't no Belichick)

There is a new America ahead of us. And since I'm listening to Dylan, old and new...not only THE TIMES THEY ARE CHANGING but also,

"the riot squad they're restless, they need somewhere to go," (Desolation Row)

Seattle? Chicago? All points city? Coming to an urban near you?

The long hot summer I forecast a couple of months ago, is just getting fired up, stay tuned.

And it is easy to get caught up in the daze of the relentless days...whirling, swirling around us...

But I have reached the conclusive opinion, that, ... it is time to get selfish and focus on what YOU want. I've spoken with many an uncertain soul of late, some thinking they will never get back to doing what they did before...

and that may be true. Many, millions, are having to make adjustments.

Which is part of life.

I've been referring more people to the SQ1, than I ever have in the past...but as good as a tool that they are, the future is still in your hands, in your control and you still have to have an idea of what that looks like...

OR, what you want it to look like.

One thing, a trend you can bank on...will be a major FLEE from Urban America and LAND...SMALL farms and homesteads will be a FUTURE TREND for many years to come.

I was looking at New York State, just south of the fingers lake area, my buddy and I made many a trip to Ithaca back in the day, his girlfriend was in college up there. Wonderful area, and for about 100 miles to the south, draw a line from Ithaca to Hershey and go 50 miles either direction of that line and you will find some PRIME LAND available.

If you are on the East coast, look to this region to relocate. Still affordable land, with relatively easy building permits.

LAND is just one of my suggestions in the forthcoming NEW report,

OVERCOME PANDEMIC UNCERTAINTY WITH FOCUSED ACTIVITY

Where do you see yourself in 3 years? The Presidential Election is fast approaching...the world is on fire, note the heating up with China, quickly escalating, and the Mid East, always a hot spot.

And a willingness to WAG THE DOG, cause nothing rallies America like a good enemy or war, we have every right to be uncertain about our futures.

As an old man, not much I can do, except keep my health and make the contributions which are important to me, to the people I want to.

You younger guys, and many of our grandchildren, you'll be pressed into service, be it to quell the "riots" of free speech or to fight in jungles, deserts and fields around the world.

That is the bleak, albeit maybe truthful, view of the future on a grander level, but I choose to work with the person, the individual and to help the one get to the place where they want to be.

And today, we have some choices to make.

Let us begin with what 3 years from today will look like for YOU?

I know a couple of people, even as I type, are shopping for land in the region I pointed out, with the idea to have a few acres, grow their own food, get off the grid and live a simpler life.

Others are burning the candles at both end, aiming for that ocean going yacht, which they believe their own escape machine of the bad times, if they come.

Whatever it is you want, however you see 3 years from today for yourself, I do know that what you are doing RIGHT NOW, is going to determine what and where you end up and although tomorrow is not promised to anyone, we can hope we'll be around in 3 years and have focused

our current activity

On the path most likely to take us to our goals. So, what are you doing today to help you get to that time 3 years from now?

Gordon

PS. I'm writing a report, and it will be available soon.