SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old March 30, 2012, 03:47 AM
-TW

Default Hey Don (+ everyone), check this out!...

FIrst, this is a great idea-generating site... but also look at the self-ordering pizza magnet!!! (scroll down) GENIUS!!!

http://www.gizmag.com/bluetooth-magn...m_medium=email
Old March 30, 2012, 01:16 PM
Adman

Default Re: Hey Don (+ everyone), check this out!...

Edited.

Last edited by GordonJ : June 30, 2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old March 30, 2012, 02:53 PM
Adman

Edited.

Last edited by GordonJ : June 30, 2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old March 30, 2012, 06:44 PM
sandalwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adman View Post
OK.....this program is set up for "BlueTooth" users. And...it's REALLY COOL! Press a button on a Fridge Magnet and whammo-Bammo....a Pizza Order is sent to the Pizza Shop.

Now....I have a Pizza Promo Program where I create (8 1/2 by 11) Flyers that have (Business Card Sized) Ads of local businesses and....in the center is an Ad for the Pizza Shop. The Pizza Shops put these flyers on top of the pizza box and deliver to their customers.

These are provided free to pizza shops because the advertisers PAY to have their biz cards ON the boxes.

Now....what if I were to place a QR Code on these Flyers ON these Flyers....so that customers with Smart Phones could scan the Codes and....up on their Smart Phones comes the Mobile Website for the pizza shop so their customers could look at the ENTIRE PIZZA MENU and order....right on their phone with a "Tap To Call" button?

Now....because many pizza customers may not have a Smart Phone....I'd also place the URL Address to the Mobile Site so customers with a simple cell phone could TYPE IN the address and up comes the Pizza Shop Menu!

And....instead of a "Paper Flyer"....I could provide the Pizza Shops with a "Fridge Magnet"

And....these Fridge Magnets could either be Free (by including Ads of local businesses) or....get the Pizza Shops to PAY for the mags.....because the Mags make it EASY for their customers to RE-Order.

I'd also create a Mobile Website for the Pizza Shops.

So....I'm onto something here!

Let me know your thoughts. Is this worthwhile pursuing? Would Pizza Shops PAY for these Mags (which includes a Mobile Site) Would pizza customers PLACE THESE MAGS ON THEIR FRIDGE?

Don Alm.....

Don,

Let's start w/the last ques and work upwards. Indeed customers would put them on their fridge. They already have twelve other magnets but this one probably would be put in place prominent. Why? Mother doesn't have to cook and it is so EZ simply to order a pizza or pizzas.

Next ques, would pizza shops pay - probably not initially unless you were friends w/the owner and could show him how by being the first shop w/such a doodad he'd probably double his business.

Is this worth pursuing was your next ques. Well, if what you say in your other thread - 500 shops paying you $500 a month - isn't just jaw flapping, what's the only answer?

I wish I knew the chief marketer for Dominoes or Pizza Hut or Little Caesar's. I would throw away my computer so I wouldn't read anymore great ideas. I'd do that so I could spend all my money without any distractions.

Have a great day.
Old March 30, 2012, 07:33 PM
gottodo

Ain't the twenty first century just Great!!

Just sitting on the bank watching them fish jumping.