SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old October 26, 2017, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Default Easy. Order a pizza, in less than 30 minutes you GET...

https://youtu.be/7S94ohyErSw

Yes, you can GET a pizza looking food (?) substance delivered to your door in less than 30 minutes.

THAT is easy.

So, I've sent out 17 Pick 3 Pocket Pros this past week, the first ones have arrived and feedback is coming in.

I have NO intention of embarassing anyone, so I'll paraphrase this email I rec'd this morning to make my POINT.

He wrote: Gordon, I didn't realize it would be so much work, won't you just tell me what to play? I replied, SURE, MY MONTHLY subscription to forecasts is 500 bux, paid in advance, NO refunds.

Probably, won't hear back. Which is OK.

The Pick 3 Pocket Pro is ONE device, from the few games I play, which is a TRACKING chart making device.

I have 10 years of charts. But for new people, it is required they do some homework for themselves. Especially tracking the last 200-250 DOUBLE DIGIT draws for their state. This takes a little time and EFFORT.

The Pick 3 Pocket Pro is color coded and is set up for a 25 draw default to play "switch". If one of the tracking % is beyond 25 draws, turn up the heat on that burner.

OK. YES, sure and of course, we all want it EASY.

Push a button, GET a result, GET something. Well, here is MY truth...accept it if you want, or don't...doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

There are no EASY buttons. In life. Sure, you can get a piece of cardboard spattered with tomato looking sauce and something melted on it in 30 minutes, but, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Be it the lottery, or chatteling, or writing or publishing, or mail order or Internet Marketing...

BEFORE it becomes easy and auto pilot, BEFORE it gets to passive income, BEFORE you GET,

You have to GIVE. SOMETHING. Time or money, or both. Like my old pal Jim Straw wrote in his book, have faith, but bring along a shovel if you want to move that mountain.

Which reminds me of a book, AS A MAN THINKETH by James Allen. A short little book with 31 days of THOUGHTS, sort of like a thought a day, to focus on and meditate about, to get the right mindset, to allow yourself to receive help from the "Universe", to get in touch with the incredible power you have of creativity.

Yet 30 days is beyond many people's capability.

No matter how good the system, no matter how tested and proven the method is, and it doesn't matter what you believe, the truth is...

You can't always get what you want...

if you aren't able to GIVE before you GET.

Old song, new crowd needs to hear it.

GordonJ
Old November 13, 2017, 04:59 PM
250.ct

Default Re: Easy. Order a pizza, in less than 30 minutes you GET...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Yet 30 days is beyond many people's capability.

No matter how good the system, no matter how tested and proven the method is, and it doesn't matter what you believe, the truth is...

You can't always get what you want...

if you aren't able to GIVE before you GET.

Old song, new crowd needs to hear it.

GordonJ
Do you think it's more human nature or generational learned behavior?
Old November 13, 2017, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Default A very good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250.ct View Post
Do you think it's more human nature or generational learned behavior?

Considering my "tribe" is more of the 50+ crowd (which is why some young blood could take my diatribes of yesteryears, and vibe them to younger markets, where it would be fresh, sort of jibe the boat to the port side)

So, maybe it might be human nature in this case. HOWEVER, you raise a very good point.

35 and under grew up with cell phones and computers. They are more tech savvy, but also, less people savvy.

One of my kids teaches executives (mostly young under 35) at tech companies how to deliver presentations and add APPROPRIATE humor when wanted.

The new companies with younger executives are paying big money to get their employees SOFT SKILLS.

It is just my opinion, although it may be able to be backed up with some quick google research, but, COMMUNICATION skills or people to people and not text to text, are sorely needed for younger generations.

But, we're all basic sloths and monkeys and if someone will toss us a banana already peeled, we will probably choose it over one with the peel on.

Just opinion.

GordonJ

PS The Parade of Life has always offered old ideas to younger generations, the current band is playing virtual instruments so it makes the flute section a little bit harder to find. But they still form up and march in step. Opportunity galore.