SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old March 2, 2021, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Default Ask me in March, cause April gets busy.

Got questions?

Think I might be able to help?

Ask now. Next month is full, lots to do, and if the weather breaks at all, even more than normal.

As many of you know (if you've been here for awhile), my answers usually have more questions than actual answers. I try to dig deeper into what lies behind, beneath and below the question.

So, here you go. And get this, it's FREE too (I don't take money anymore for my time, but I give it away as I want).

Gordon
Old March 2, 2021, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Ask me in March, cause April gets busy.

Question: do you think LISTS can be divided before-Covid and after-Covid?

What I mean:

I am contacting my old before-Covid list with new offers, and majority is not very responsive. I think that happens because the offers in majority are "self-indulgent" products, and the old before-Covid list is more resistant. They were on a different mindset, they bought before this Covid pandemic.

On the other hand, the new present that buys during Covid pandemic seems be less resistant to buy "self-indulgent" products. So if this new present list buys "self indulgent " products, it means they are willing to buy more.

Your opinion Gordon?

Thanks!
Old March 2, 2021, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Default You might find this useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Question: do you think LISTS can be divided before-Covid and after-Covid?

What I mean:

I am contacting my old before-Covid list with new offers, and majority is not very responsive. I think that happens because the offers in majority are "self-indulgent" products, and the old before-Covid list is more resistant. They were on a different mindset, they bought before this Covid pandemic.

On the other hand, the new present that buys during Covid pandemic seems be less resistant to buy "self-indulgent" products. So if this new present list buys "self indulgent " products, it means they are willing to buy more.

Your opinion Gordon?

Thanks!

I think Mark Manson may have an answer in this weeks Monday MindF&ck

https://tinyurl.com/3u49khmt His research might be useful re: buying during pandemics.

I don't know anything about what you sell and to whom to give any advice, just too vague a question for me.

Mark covers the whole idea of "self indulgent" in this week's newsletter.

Gordon
Old March 2, 2021, 04:28 PM

Thanks for the reply Gordon.

I am referring to Jewlery for women and fashion bracelets for man.

I am having very low sales on presenting new products to my present customers. I test a lot of new different products, and now I am focused on presenting only products that are similar and related on the same taste of the 1st purchased product of my customer.

Example: if someone bought from me a very golden shiny jewlery I am focused on presenting only new golden shiny jewlery. If the customer bought me a bracelet, now I present a new watch, a new ring, a new necklace — all following the same golden shiny taste.

Any suggestion to sell more products to my present customers?

Last edited by MikePT : March 2, 2021 at 05:20 PM.
Old March 2, 2021, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Default Test some offers.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Gordon.

I am referring to Jewlery for women and fashion bracelets for man.

I am having very low sales on presenting new products to my present customers. I test a lot of new different products, and now I am focused on presenting only products that are similar and related on the same taste of the 1st purchased product of my customer.

Example: if someone bought from me a very golden shiny jewlery I am focused on presenting only new golden shiny jewlery. If the customer bought me a bracelet, now I present a new watch, a new ring, a new necklace — all following the same golden shiny taste.

Any suggestion to sell more products to my present customers?

Mike, again, not enough info. I refer you to the many dozen posts here about the NPGS formula, the four parts, PROSPECT, PRODUCT, PROMOTION AND MEDIA.

You have buyers, of shiny jewelry, is it low end? Under 39 dollars? And what is the mechanism of the sale? Do you just advertise on Facebook?

Anyhow, you have buyers, so you now test offers, if they didn't respond to one, maybe try testing price points an upsell, a downsell. When we sold jewelry at SCI, we found buyers responded to CUSTOMER APPRECIATION sales.

Mary, the reason you are receiving this email is because you purchased ______ and we want to show our appreciation. Our shiny golden jewelry buyer has uncovered a limited source of new shiny golden earrings (bracelets, whatever) which perfectly match the _______.

Because there is such a limited supply, I have been authorized to give ONLY our customers who own _________ the first chance to receive this at a discount rate. Rather than try to sell these to strangers at a higher price, we would rather liquidate our stock by rewarding customers like you Mary with a one time offer as a way to show our appreciation. BLAH, BLAH...

That is one type of customer appreciation promotion. Give them a reason why it is being discounted, why they are getting it, why they have to make a quick decision, all the standards of selling.

The other angle, if you read Manson, is the reason for buying NOW, the whole Carpe Diem thing, In these times of uncertainty, Steve, you want to feel as confident as you can. You have purchased our shiny golden bracelet and we trust you wear it with great pride (assuming most of your buyers are not buying gifts, I don't know).

So my best guess answers for jewelry BUYERS is to test OFFERS, and if you are hearing crickets or not getting any response, check in with them and ask them why, or what can I do for you.

Steve, as a valuable customer during these Covid-19 times, we understand how the uncertainty makes all us feel trapped and we want something to make us feel good, at least about ourselves. You recently...etc. etc.

So, test your creatives, your OFFERS, but I'm a numbers guy mostly, all my creatives have to stand on their own, if they don't work, then I try another way. How long after purchase? Is there continuous and constant contact?

What feedback do you have? What other places have you made offers, what are your top sellers and match that.

You know you have BUYERS, now you must give them a GOOD REASON to buy again.

Analyze your business with the NPGS formulas and math as in 7 Steps, I know you have a copy of that.

Gordon
Old March 2, 2021, 07:40 PM

Keeping testing new offers and do some customer appreciation, these make sense. And offer is not only the single PRODUCT but the price too.

However you reply is focused (and correctly) only on the PROMOTION.

To be honest , based on my own experience , I believe what would exponentially makes the difference is the PRODUCT.

The MEDIA I use is only Facebook Marketplace and Facebook Feeds. In the moment I simply send a sales letter with new products by private message chat to my Facebook business page contacts and on Marketplace contacts. I do this manually 1 message each time. I dont contact my list by e-mail because I only advertise on Facebook Marketplace and Facebook Feeds.

Can you give me some advice specific on how to choose winning PRODUCTS?

I tested modeling the Pandora brand on the products, didn't worked. What my clients want is not Pandora brand style, actually is the opposite.

Any tips on the PRODUCT?

Thank you.
Old March 2, 2021, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Keeping testing new offers and do some customer appreciation, these make sense. And offer is not only the single PRODUCT but the price too.

However you reply is focused (and correctly) only on the PROMOTION.

To be honest , based on my own experience , I believe what would exponentially makes the difference is the PRODUCT.

The MEDIA I use is only Facebook Marketplace and Facebook Feeds. In the moment I simply send a sales letter with new products by private message chat to my Facebook business page contacts and on Marketplace contacts. I do this manually 1 message each time. I dont contact my list by e-mail because I only advertise on Facebook Marketplace and Facebook Feeds.

Can you give me some advice specific on how to choose winning PRODUCTS?

I tested modeling the Pandora brand on the products, didn't worked. What my clients want is not Pandora brand style, actually is the opposite.

Any tips on the PRODUCT?

Thank you.

I have NO idea what Pandora brand STYLE is. But since you do and you know your customers want the opposite of that, then you just source those kinds of products.

There used to be at least 5 major Jewelry trade shows here in USA. I know our jewelry buyer had, literally, a 100 or more catalogs.

If the source isn't a problem, and you KNOW, as you say, "my clients want is not Pandora brand style, actually the opposite"...then I don't understand what you are looking for as re: winning products???

According to Wikipedia,

Pandora is known for its customizable charm bracelets, designer rings, necklaces and (now discontinued) watches. The company has a production site in Thailand and markets its products in more than 100 countries on six continents with more than 7,000 points of sale.

So your customers DON'T want customizable bracelets? I understand what Pandora jewelry company is about, and all that, what I don't know or understand is how you

tested the "modeling the Pandora brand on the products", what is theIr STYLE, and more importantly, what is opposite of that?

Gordon
Old March 3, 2021, 06:15 AM

tested the "modeling the Pandora brand on the products", what is theIr STYLE, and more importantly, what is opposite of that?

This is how I organize it:

- I consider the "Pandora style" jewlery that is elegant with small details, non ostentive, not super shiny – more discreet.

- The opposite is a jewlery that is ostentive, big, shiny and sparkling.

Thank you.
Old March 3, 2021, 08:43 AM
Administrator

If that is what your customers want, then good pics, and copy which emphasizes the shiny, sparkle thing. I think you've answered your own question Mike. Now you just have to send them offers.

This was like one of the most profitable products ever sold, the CUBIC ZIRCONIUM "DIAMOND". The promotion was the top seller for direct marketing for a few years. These people want to be noticed. Recognized. Acknowledged.

Again, about insecurity. So make your offers dazzle them. Both chain and bangle offer a lot of shine to them, or cuff of gold.

Gordon

A good story about the piece might help too.

Quote:

This is how I organize it:

- I consider the "Pandora style" jewlery that is elegant with small details, non ostentive, not super shiny – more discreet.

- The opposite is a jewlery that is ostentive, big, shiny and sparkling.

Thank you.
Old March 3, 2021, 09:58 AM

Awesome.

Thanks for the tip of CUBIC ZIRCONIUM "DIAMOND".

I will keep focusing on sending new offers following the line of the 1st purchase they made.

Thanks for the answer.

Mike