SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 4, 2019, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Default NEW and different COPYWRITING course. Limited.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/copy74.pdf

Thanks to those that downloaded, printed and gave feedback on the POCKET PRO on PERSUASION. Your notes have been useful.

Now the POCKET PRO COPYWRITING course is ready. It is 20 dollars, although, I have a very limited offer for a few to be mentored, and to have the ability to write promotions for many of the old products, being revised and updated for the Fall, and/or to continue doing our joint ventures.

As things get more exciting around here, with Sherman Hunter doing the TOLL position and giving us all a chance to participate, it is a good time to have products ready to sell.

The REASON I created this NEW AND DIFFERENT course on copywriting is...

I think it is in trouble, as an industry, and more importantly to thousands as a business opportunity.

Today, July 4, 2019 there are 389,301 students at UDEMY taking copywriting courses. Sure many of them are just learning for their own products or services, but tens of thousands are in the funnel of COPYWRITING as a biz-op.

My heretical thoughts on writing copy. DON'T READ ANY BOOK. NONE.

I count over 30,000 members at Facebook copywriting groups, not including blogs and forums, and there is the standard list of MUST READ books offered on them all.

I say.

STOP that insanity today. You don't need to read, you need to write.

And this NEW AND DIFFERENT course, completed with the POCKET PRO COPYWRITING COURSE is the answer.

So, happy July 4, always a special day for me. 51 years ago today, my last day as a civilian, on the 5th I was in the Navy, having all those adventures.

On July 4th 1972, I was awaiting discharge papers at Treasure Island, and because of the holiday, didn't get them until the 6th. Longest day of my life waiting for those, kept dreaming I was getting called back. Still have that nightmare, HA!

NOW is a great time to learn how to market, sell and promote your ideas, products and services to this new hip, digital generation. And this NEW AND DIFFERENT course can help you do it.

Gordon

PS. Storms knocked some cell towers out for a while. Our own sowpub outage here, and the many attacks daily on the digital world...

well, it is nice to have a handy writing instrument and a cheat sheet to write on when the inspired thought occurs. I've got notebooks from 50 years ago,

and yet, I can't find work I did a couple years ago on a CD disc, remember that ANCIENT tech? YIKES!
Old July 5, 2019, 11:22 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Here's my 2.5 cents (inflation, you know!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Quote:
NOW is a great time to learn how to market, sell and promote your ideas, products and services to this new hip, digital generation. And this NEW AND DIFFERENT course can help you do it.
I just wanted to say to everyone, Gordon is the "real deal"...

He's lived and died by his direct response copywriting.

Direct response copywriting means it is designed to get people to order and pay their money, right now...

He's been in the trenches...

If the ad doesn't sell, you may not eat.

But if the ad does sell, you can eat till you're as fat as a hippo! (If you want to...)

Anyway, Gordon is and was a winner in this game - for some of the big guys in the direct response advertising world...

I'm excited for those who take him up on this (ridiculously inexpensive, I'd say) opportunity...

Best wishes!

Dien

P.S. I've bought a number of Gordon products, going back over 20 years, and I was always happy with them...
Old July 6, 2019, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Default Thanks Dien, but...this isn't for everybody or just anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
I just wanted to say to everyone, Gordon is the "real deal"...

He's lived and died by his direct response copywriting.

Direct response copywriting means it is designed to get people to order and pay their money, right now...

He's been in the trenches...

If the ad doesn't sell, you may not eat.

But if the ad does sell, you can eat till you're as fat as a hippo! (If you want to...)

Anyway, Gordon is and was a winner in this game - for some of the big guys in the direct response advertising world...

I'm excited for those who take him up on this (ridiculously inexpensive, I'd say) opportunity...

Best wishes!

Dien

P.S. I've bought a number of Gordon products, going back over 20 years, and I was always happy with them...

I'm not looking for buyers. In fact, my copy for most of the time we've had SowPub has been the opposite of the sort of copy I would have written for those companies hawking products.

For well over a decade, my copy has a certain attitude to it, a take it or leave it, and in this instance...a qualification.

The world doesn't need one more copywriting course, plenty of those out there already. As you know Dien, we both have a back log of information which needs a dusting off, a refreshing and a reintroduction. Today, for instance, I pretty much only CHATTEL via Facebook marketplace or via contacts and networks. NO eBay, no craigslist or any of that.

And it is as lucrative as one cares to make it.

But selling stuff is pretty easy, especially ONline marketing junk, just make a big promise and sell baby sell.

Most of the new copywriters have NO business experience, can't do the basic math to figure out customer acquisition and lifetime value, and have almost no understanding of human behavior, including their own.

So, I do appreciate YOU and the nice blurb, but this new program is truly limited, basically looking for people we can mold and shape and have them ready and prepared with the new product launches as well as the new TOLL positioning coming our way.

That being said, I will still make the POCKET PRO COPYWRITING COURSE available for 20 bux, plus postage. And to be clear, it is 2 erasable cards, a 16 page mini booklet and an erasable worksheet and a fine point dry erasable marker. Not much to it, except real life value.

On a different note re: copy writing, both Harvey Brody and Sherman Hunter share the "educational" (my words) style of copy, because you learn something from it even if you don't buy.

Harvey's original, what was it, 64 pages??? booklet promotion was a breakthrough and I believe led to the MAGALOG.

Sherman's report also contains information which gives many people a light bulb, AH-HA, type moment.

Most people have never heard of distressed opportunities, or even Toll Positions for that matter. SowPub seems to be the place to learn about them.

Anyhow, the copywriting course is NOT for everyone.

Gordon
Old July 6, 2019, 10:32 PM
Rick

Default Re: Thanks Dien, but...this isn't for everybody or just anyone.

Quote:
I'm not looking for buyers. In fact, my copy for most of the time we've had SowPub has been the opposite of the sort of copy I would have written for those companies hawking products.

For well over a decade, my copy has a certain attitude to it, a take it or leave it, and in this instance...a qualification.

The world doesn't need one more copywriting course, plenty of those out there already. As you know Dien, we both have a back log of information which needs a dusting off, a refreshing and a reintroduction. Today, for instance, I pretty much only CHATTEL via Facebook marketplace or via contacts and networks. NO eBay, no craigslist or any of that.

And it is as lucrative as one cares to make it.

But selling stuff is pretty easy, especially ONline marketing junk, just make a big promise and sell baby sell.

Most of the new copywriters have NO business experience, can't do the basic math to figure out customer acquisition and lifetime value, and have almost no understanding of human behavior, including their own.

So, I do appreciate YOU and the nice blurb, but this new program is truly limited, basically looking for people we can mold and shape and have them ready and prepared with the new product launches as well as the new TOLL positioning coming our way.

That being said, I will still make the POCKET PRO COPYWRITING COURSE available for 20 bux, plus postage. And to be clear, it is 2 erasable cards, a 16 page mini booklet and an erasable worksheet and a fine point dry erasable marker. Not much to it, except real life value.

On a different note re: copy writing, both Harvey Brody and Sherman Hunter share the "educational" (my words) style of copy, because you learn something from it even if you don't buy.

Harvey's original, what was it, 64 pages??? booklet promotion was a breakthrough and I believe led to the MAGALOG.

Sherman's report also contains information which gives many people a light bulb, AH-HA, type moment.

Most people have never heard of distressed opportunities, or even Toll Positions for that matter. SowPub seems to be the place to learn about them.

Anyhow, the copywriting course is NOT for everyone.

Gordon

Gordon says his new course isn't for everybody or just anyone and that it requires qualification. Doesn't matter. Do you whatever have to to qualify. $20 plus postage is *nothing* when it comes to copywriting courses.

If you don't believe me, go to dankennedy.com and check out what they charge. I know Gordon's the real deal (like Dien says). I've had the opportunity to collaborate with Gordon on a couple of products. I once had the pleasure of going with Gordon to SCI in Canton, OH. SCI is Ben Suarez's company. While we were there, Gordon had pretty much open access to just about the whole place.

If you want to learn from someone who's a true "Student of the Masters" (as we all should be), follow what Gordon says. I'm thinking seriously of purchasing this new Gordon Alexander classic myself.

Rick, aka "The Netguerrilla"
Old July 7, 2019, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Gordon says his new course isn't for everybody or just anyone and that it requires qualification. Doesn't matter. Do you whatever have to to qualify. $20 plus postage is *nothing* when it comes to copywriting courses.

If you don't believe me, go to dankennedy.com and check out what they charge. I know Gordon's the real deal (like Dien says). I've had the opportunity to collaborate with Gordon on a couple of products. I once had the pleasure of going with Gordon to SCI in Canton, OH. SCI is Ben Suarez's company. While we were there, Gordon had pretty much open access to just about the whole place.

If you want to learn from someone who's a true "Student of the Masters" (as we all should be), follow what Gordon says. I'm thinking seriously of purchasing this new Gordon Alexander classic myself.

Rick, aka "The Netguerrilla"

Thanks Rick, I'd love to talk to you soon.

You are one of a few people who saw my collection and those now ancient ads I did for Ben and others.

What is different about MY course is: each one is slightly customized by the answers to a few questions. Then I customize the booklet, and the cards.

See, what I learned long ago, there isn't just ONE way or formula to write copy, once one has studied the field, it becomes almost easy to recognize who the writer was, we each have our own voice.

I think most could tell a Gary Halbert ad from a Ben Suarez ad, albeit, Ben was the student at one time and did heed Sir Gary's advice.

AT SCI, there were several mid six figure copywriters and a couple of 7 figure ones too, and each one had a distinct voice.

I think the new copywriter today tries to "swipe" and paste and it takes them a long time to find their own voice, if they don't give up first, which most do (and probably should).

Telling a story in your own voice, and once in awhile coloring outside the lines becomes BREAKTHROUGH, other wise, we'd all be reading letters like those written by Robert Collier back in his day. Those ancient voices resonated with their times, but as my buddy* would sing...

"the times, they are a changing".

*buddy only by astral meetings.

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : July 7, 2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old July 8, 2019, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Default Questions. Why do I need to answer questions to buy something I want?

Good question.

I borrowed a page from Glenn Osborn's playbook, a qualifier. I see now that Colin Theriot makes people write Haiku to get into his Cult of Copy group.

I'm not just selling something, I'm learning too.

The questions I ask, which I'll post here, have a purpose.

What do you think is the most important part of a promotion?

How important is it to you, that you know your Target's pain?

Are you currently selling your own stuff?

And last, how familiar are you with copywriting?

When I put the POCKET PRO together, once I decide to accept payment, then each one is going to be a bit different, customized.

And also, I do it to persuade many of you, NOT to bother me, because I know your track record. You will be better served elsewhere.

Gordon
Old July 8, 2019, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Default ATTENTION, I don't know what I'm doing.

I apologize.

See, I got confused, which is soooo easy for me these days.

The POCKET PRO is part of the 49 dollar course, BUT, it can be ordered separately for only 20. Both need postage to wherever you want it.

I've been responding as if ALL of you just wanted the POCKET PRO, because you already had some courses under your belt. Turns out, most of you want the
QUICK METHOD copywriting course, which has some audio, video and more coming. It is an ongoing course, which is why it is limited.

I am sorry for the confusion. IF you only want the POCKET PRO, be sure to mention that in the email.

The full course, has a couple more rounds of questions, BEFORE, I take your money...we want to make sure we are a good fit.

OH, the joys of getting old. I used to be very organized, still am for the most part, but this project is confusing BECAUSE I have it in two parts.

It is hard for me to get people who have studied the greats, the gurus and the groups to see things differently.

Just today, I made what apparently was a controversial statement at a Facebook group.

And I assert it here: there are those who say PEOPLE DON'T CHANGE. What worked yesterday, will work today and tomorrow.

I said, NO. And I don't have the time for a debate. Brains are changing, if you are around long enough to see the research on it, you'll get it.

Sure, there are basic human wants and needs, as Maslow explained, and I use the Maslow Pyramid, it is part of the POCKET PRO you will receive.

But, as it pertains to copywriting, and TARGETS of Gen Z and younger, their brains will be wired a bit differently, and some of the methods and appeals which are being taught by old dead gurus of yesteryear, are just not going to work on them.

The whole idea behind the Quick Method Copywriting Course is to get into their shoes, into their bubble of preoccupation...and the windows they are looking out of today, are different than the ones used half a century ago, heck, even a few years ago.

Gordon

PS. I'm giving myself a time out in a chair in the corner and hope to come out of it with a knowing of what the heck I'm doing.
Old July 8, 2019, 11:12 PM
Rick

Default Re: Questions. Why do I need to answer questions to buy something I want?

Quote:
Good question.

I borrowed a page from Glenn Osborn's playbook, a qualifier. I see now that Colin Theriot makes people write Haiku to get into his Cult of Copy group.

I'm not just selling something, I'm learning too.

The questions I ask, which I'll post here, have a purpose.

What do you think is the most important part of a promotion?

How important is it to you, that you know your Target's pain?

Are you currently selling your own stuff?

And last, how familiar are you with copywriting?

When I put the POCKET PRO together, once I decide to accept payment, then each one is going to be a bit different, customized.

And also, I do it to persuade many of you, NOT to bother me, because I know your track record. You will be better served elsewhere.

Gordon

And *that* my friends, is a masterful implementation of take away selling.

Rick
Old July 8, 2019, 11:22 PM
Rick

Quote:
Thanks Rick, I'd love to talk to you soon.

You are one of a few people who saw my collection and those now ancient ads I did for Ben and others.

What is different about MY course is: each one is slightly customized by the answers to a few questions. Then I customize the booklet, and the cards.

See, what I learned long ago, there isn't just ONE way or formula to write copy, once one has studied the field, it becomes almost easy to recognize who the writer was, we each have our own voice.

I think most could tell a Gary Halbert ad from a Ben Suarez ad, albeit, Ben was the student at one time and did heed Sir Gary's advice.

AT SCI, there were several mid six figure copywriters and a couple of 7 figure ones too, and each one had a distinct voice.

I think the new copywriter today tries to "swipe" and paste and it takes them a long time to find their own voice, if they don't give up first, which most do (and probably should).

Telling a story in your own voice, and once in awhile coloring outside the lines becomes BREAKTHROUGH, other wise, we'd all be reading letters like those written by Robert Collier back in his day. Those ancient voices resonated with their times, but as my buddy* would sing...

"the times, they are a changing".

*buddy only by astral meetings.

Gordon

And I considered it a privilege to see your collection of ads. I remember some of them. I have a few in my collection but nothing nearly as extensive as what you have.

I have some old JS&A (Joe Sugarman for those of you not familiar with JS&A), some SCI ads from their USA Today runs, some Chase Revell ads, some of Dan Kennedy's best work from when he wrote those ads with Jeff Paul (10X better than what they put out today), some of Halbert's best stuff, Ted Thomas, Ted Nicholas, and too many others to mention.

But I was never on the inside like you were at SCI. That information is priceless. And yes. I do want to chat. I was gonna send you an email with my cell number but I didn't do it yet. I'll do it tomorrow.

Rick
Old July 8, 2019, 11:33 PM
Rick

Default Re: ATTENTION, I don't know what I'm doing.

Quote:
I apologize.

See, I got confused, which is soooo easy for me these days.

The POCKET PRO is part of the 49 dollar course, BUT, it can be ordered separately for only 20. Both need postage to wherever you want it.

I've been responding as if ALL of you just wanted the POCKET PRO, because you already had some courses under your belt. Turns out, most of you want the
QUICK METHOD copywriting course, which has some audio, video and more coming. It is an ongoing course, which is why it is limited.

I am sorry for the confusion. IF you only want the POCKET PRO, be sure to mention that in the email.

The full course, has a couple more rounds of questions, BEFORE, I take your money...we want to make sure we are a good fit.

OH, the joys of getting old. I used to be very organized, still am for the most part, but this project is confusing BECAUSE I have it in two parts.

It is hard for me to get people who have studied the greats, the gurus and the groups to see things differently.

Just today, I made what apparently was a controversial statement at a Facebook group.

And I assert it here: there are those who say PEOPLE DON'T CHANGE. What worked yesterday, will work today and tomorrow.

I said, NO. And I don't have the time for a debate. Brains are changing, if you are around long enough to see the research on it, you'll get it.

Sure, there are basic human wants and needs, as Maslow explained, and I use the Maslow Pyramid, it is part of the POCKET PRO you will receive.

But, as it pertains to copywriting, and TARGETS of Gen Z and younger, their brains will be wired a bit differently, and some of the methods and appeals which are being taught by old dead gurus of yesteryear, are just not going to work on them.

The whole idea behind the Quick Method Copywriting Course is to get into their shoes, into their bubble of preoccupation...and the windows they are looking out of today, are different than the ones used half a century ago, heck, even a few years ago.

Gordon

PS. I'm giving myself a time out in a chair in the corner and hope to come out of it with a knowing of what the heck I'm doing.

There's a lot of truth to what you said about things being different a half century (or more) ago. I've been wanting to read "The Robert Collier Letter Book" for a long time. I bought the Kindle version not too long ago (I *love* Kindle). I set a goal to read the book by July 15th. (I set the goal a few months ago.)

I started reading the book about a week or so ago. I doubt I'll hit my goal date. Two weeks is usually plenty of time for me to read a book. Not this one. That book is some tough sledding.

(Dien, probably about as hard as quantum physics. &#128522

Rick