SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 23, 2015, 10:20 AM
WillyWallace

Default Any SMS peeps here?

I have a business idea using SMS to help home service companies to get new customers.

Please let me know if interested in talking about this idea- thanks.
Old April 23, 2015, 04:57 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Any SMS peeps here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyWallace View Post
I have a business idea using SMS to help home service companies to get new customers.

Please let me know if interested in talking about this idea- thanks.
Sure, I'm interested...

What would you like to discuss more specifically?

You know what? Some businesses regularly collect cell phone numbers of their customers as part of their business.

One idea is to "piggyback" on those businesses, and get them to promote your promotions to their customers (if their customers would be a good fit for your promotions)...

- Dien
Old April 23, 2015, 06:30 PM
WillyWallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Sure, I'm interested...

What would you like to discuss more specifically?

You know what? Some businesses regularly collect cell phone numbers of their customers as part of their business.

One idea is to "piggyback" on those businesses, and get them to promote your promotions to their customers (if their customers would be a good fit for your promotions)...

- Dien

Thanks Dien!

My idea is to sign up customers in specific areas/ZIP Codes who want to know about last minute discounted home services like house cleaning, pool cleaning, landscaping, etc.

The businesses would pay us a monthly fee, along with a fee per customer that we send them as a result of our service.

-Willy
Old April 29, 2015, 05:29 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyWallace View Post
Thanks Dien!

My idea is to sign up customers in specific areas/ZIP Codes who want to know about last minute discounted home services like house cleaning, pool cleaning, landscaping, etc.

The businesses would pay us a monthly fee, along with a fee per customer that we send them as a result of our service.
Hi Willy,

Sounds like a great idea!

What I would first do is see what others might be doing regarding this already. Why?

Because many of them would have already figured out what works!

So you can observe what they do, and learn from it...

What next?

Well, I only did a very quick search, but I found a couple businesses which seem to be doing something like this...

This one's based in the Los Angeles area - http://dailysmsdeals.com

This one's based in the Hudson Valley area, upstate New York - http://www.hvrewards.com

Anyhow, it might give you some ideas on how to structure it, and how to make profits with it in your area...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old April 29, 2015, 10:04 AM
WillyWallace

Thanks Dien- appreciate the input and those websites!

They are both similar to what I want to do- although my idea comes with a "tweak" that I'm hopeful will set it apart and add value for participating home service companies.
Old April 29, 2015, 11:14 AM
Don Alm

One of my "students" sends a Large PostCard with a QR CODE (and url) to "Home Buyers". (She gets the names from "Melissa Data dotcom")

The postcard tells them to 'SCAN THIS CODE" to receive special "Welcome Discounts" from local Service Companies (Carpet Cleaners, Painters, Landscapers, Electricians, Plumbers, Pest Control Services, Roofers...etc)...PLUS....Banks, Accountants, Lawyers, Dentists, Doctors, Chiros, Clinics, RESTAURANTS etc.

She has nice Graphics on the Card and charges each participant $2 per Home Buyer.....with a minimum of 100 home buyers a month ($200 min from each biz)

She then offers her participating biz to SMS "Special Deals" to her home buyer List if they want to offer special deals later.

Also....some yrs ago I set up a SMS program for restaurants where I made up Table Tent Cards that offered "10%OFF" their Meal if they scanned the QRCode (or typed in the url) to get a Code # to show the clerk when they paid their bill.

We could then offer Special Deals to Motivate diners to come in on certain nights.

With Cell Phone popularity nowadays there's all sorts of money-making projects to do.

Don Alm.....long-time Doer