SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 6, 2007, 03:50 PM

Default What Would You...?

I know this question (or a variation of it) has been asked quite a few times on Sowpub. But I don't remember it being asked on the new Sowpub forum...

So here goes:

What would you do to make more money if all you had was $100?

Should get some creative juices flowing.

(Question updated from "What would you do to become rich if all you had was $100?")

Last edited by Ankesh : April 7, 2007 at 02:23 AM.
Old April 6, 2007, 04:23 PM
Sandi Bowman

Default Re: What Would You...?

Depends on how you define rich, Ankesh. Some folks would be rich just by giving it away, perhaps in small increments to folks to start an enterprise to support themselves with, or perhaps for some other worthy cause or effort.

Imagine you mean to make money, however, so...probably use it to get some chatteling going to make the money grow until I could start more solid and predictable investments with guaranteed rate of return or perhaps just more investments. Chatteling, if done right, is next best thing to internet activity IF you know what you're doing (that's key), for increasing income faster than inflation, IMHO...especially if you don't have a lot to start out with.

This assumes, of course, one doesn't have unpredictable problems with health or other things that interfere.

Sandi Bowman
Old April 6, 2007, 04:47 PM
Duane Adolph

Hi Ankesh,

I believe you are referring to the infamous (at leat for me) Michael Ross Challenge and Dien Rice Game Show Thread.

I won't spoil this thread by linking to them. However I agree with Sandi what is "Rich" how are you defining that AND is there a timeline ie. 30days? a Year?

Think that would help focus the responses we get.

Thanks

Duane
Old April 6, 2007, 07:36 PM
Phil

Ankesh,

I know it's not what you're Looking for But since very few Unexperienced Entrepreneurs will be able to Realalistically become so called "Rich" based on a $100. business idea...

My Suggestion is to Start Applying the following Non-Hype method into your Life as I've mentioned a few times before...

Start getting Smart & Rich for about 2 Bucks for a Used copy...
http://www.amazon.com/Millionaire-Ne.../dp/0671015206

Guaranteed to Work if you Make it Work!

Phil
Old April 6, 2007, 07:47 PM
Joetrevison

That Easy and I may due I get a product and get stamps and write a great ad and send it to a list. I can do that for less that $100. You might have to jv for some of the items but It can be done.

I once got a list of taxpayers that owed money and sent an ad to the list for less that $100. I pay $26 for the list. Wrote a letter with the headline. I will get your out of the grip of the IRS for $90.00. People could believe I do for that little they always gave me more money than the $90. I don't do it for less than $300 now.

I may do that again for the list if I run out of money, and not make money iwth my Pictures or doing a joint venture with my client in Avon product sales.

If you have any good products to sell I like to hear from you. I have 22 ways to sell products and I even wrote a 60 ways to sell products. Finding good products is not easy. Selling it is not easy. But you have to test test and test. And I know how to do it cheap. Never make more than one protype when you have a product. Don't get a inventory until you know you have sells. I am listening to Mr E. Joseph Cossman course again. He was smart in these ways. So is Melvin Powers and Jim Straw. But for my money E. Joseph cossman and his son are number 1. Jim Staw number 2 and Melvin Power number 2. They are both about equal.
Old April 6, 2007, 08:04 PM
Phil

Default Just how rich is rich, really?

Thought I'd Ask...

It's always Good to Know...

How rich is rich?
http://money.cnn.com/2003/07/23/comm...hadi/index.htm

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...ichReally.aspx

Phil
Old April 7, 2007, 02:16 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankesh View Post
I know this question (or a variation of it) has been asked quite a few times on Sowpub. But I don't remember it being asked on the new Sowpub forum...

So here goes:

What would you do to become rich if all you had was $100?

Should get some creative juices flowing.
Hi Ankesh,

Here's what I'd do...

First off, for living expenses, I'd start "chatteling" - that is, buying and selling, possibly on eBay. You can make good money doing this. I wouldn't buy stuff at thrift stores and garage sales. Instead, I'd be checking out overstock/surplus/closeout type items. Things I could buy NEW at below wholesale price, then resell... (I've done this before a few years ago, with surplus MP3 players back when they were new, and I could easily do it again with other items...) I'd be happy to sell online (eg. eBay) or at flea markets - depending on the item(s) I was selling... I'd do this to build up my cash reserves. The great thing about chatteling is - you can make money almost immediately, and you don't need a lot of cash to start. (Gordon Alexander, of course, is the "master" of chatteling - he literally wrote the book on it!)

At the same time, I'd also be looking into building an info-product business... Selling info-products online. I'd be open to selling other people's stuff (as an affiliate), as well as working towards creating my own stuff... If I were to start again, I'd probably focus on an area other than business information - because many of these other areas have less competition...! I'd try to set it up so that it would be as "automated" as possible...

I'm also interested in distribution (that is, of physical products). While I do have some experience in that area (helping my brother with a blank CD-ROM distribution business he set up in the past), it's something I'd like to take further... I can't say exactly what I'd deal in, because I'd have to check out the opportunities and choose what would look to have the most potential at the time...

I'd be working on my info-product business (which would hopefully be on semi-auto-pilot) and the product distribution business to grow them both!

I don't know if there's anything particularly illuminating there... Except, if you're low on cash, chatteling is probably one of the easiest businesses to start, that can turn a profit quite quickly!

Cheers

Dien
Old April 7, 2007, 06:41 AM
SteveSki

Hi Ankesh, I would borrow a camera and invest $10 into printing up some certificates for a "Pet of the Week" contest and take them to local pet stores, Vets and groomers and within 2 days time I'd be shooting and selling pet portraits and I'd be back on my feet in no time!

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski
www.PetPhotographyBusiness.com
Old April 7, 2007, 07:36 AM
c.t.coburn

Default Re: What Would You...? if it was my last ( or only) $100

if it was my last ( or only) $100, I'd buy a used lawnmower. at the end of the day I'd have another $100 ( or close).

if I had an extra $100 or $100 per month to work with I'd use a combination of chatteling and ebay to grow a business. then add my own products and services.
Old April 7, 2007, 08:30 AM
c.t.coburn

I gave my 20th century response ( and one that applies to the southern climes where grass has to be cut 10 mos. of the year) I should give my 21st century reply.

if I had $100 I'd make up a nice business kit and remove spyware from computers, also giving them a basic cleaning.

then add the sale and installation of computer parts/upgrades & chatteling of computers and parts.