SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 22, 2009, 12:31 AM
-TW

Default Michael -- common ground -- now THAT makes sense!

I just got through reading the reviews of High Prob. Selling (book).

It looks like just what I need! Thanks! Talks about (among other things), how to LAY THE GROUND RULES for the sales 'relationship.' Which is exactly what I've had trouble doing. Not sure what the solutions are in the book -- but I'm definitely gonna give it a try! It seems the book addresses the fundamental problems I've been experiencing -- the Willie Lowman syndrome. The SPECIFIC aspects of that syndrome that bother me, and not the other aspects of it that do not bother me (which I believe cannot be avoided any way).

So... thanks again!

-- TW

PS: When the student is ready, the teacher -- blah, blah, blah.
Old July 22, 2009, 01:57 AM
MichaelRoss

Default Re: TOTALLY SUDDEN (+ troublesome) mindset shift - anyone else?

TW,

See if'n you can find some articles of his to get a deeper gist of his approach.

I do Not mean to set your Goals low. Have goals as lofty as you like. And know there is Always a way to make it, sell it, create it, achieve it, do it, etc. It's not a question of the desired outcome but about the emotional stake you place in your efforts to obtain the desired outcome.

Think of Agent Smith fighting Neo in the 2nd Matrix. Where Neo is fighting 30 agents. In the end Neo flies away leaving Smith to look on. Smith doesn't chuck a hissy fit in disappointment. He takes it in his stride and simple walks off. Sure he had a goal - destroy Neo - and it certainly Drove him, but he was not emotionally dependent on any one of his efforts working as is seen by his reaction when his efforts fail.

I find it hard to write precisely what I Mean in this regard. But you'll understand it some point of your own accord. In the mean time I think Jacques stuff you'll find interesting.

Michael Ross
Old July 22, 2009, 07:55 AM
-TW

I see your point + I'll post more on that philosophical topic later -- but, for now (to use another movie analogy)... I'd MUCH rather be Forest Gump, than his girlfriend -- Meaning, I'd much rather be at the 'blind faith' end of the spectrum than the I've-been-pummeled-by-life-so-I-accept-that-life-is-basically-a-drag-which-is-why-I-smoke-and-have-tattoos end of the spectrum.

-- TW
Old July 22, 2009, 08:30 PM
Sandi Bowman

Wish you well, TW. Some of the best posts in this thread (and potentially very useful to others like the sales appearance one) were deleted so...waste of time. Good luck.

Sandi Bowman
Old July 22, 2009, 08:47 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi Bowman View Post
Wish you well, TW. Some of the best posts in this thread (and potentially very useful to others like the sales appearance one) were deleted so...waste of time. Good luck.
Hi Sandi,

TW has started multiple threads... I think you mean this post from a different thread...

http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24928

I agree - it's an excellent post, about something not always discussed.

Best wishes,

Dien
Old July 23, 2009, 05:17 AM
Sandi Bowman

Thanks, Dien. Methinks me needs some zzzzz's...

Sandi Bowman
Old August 23, 2009, 10:01 PM
Sandi Bowman

I'm not a doctor and this is not medical advice. That said, it sounds like you might have a physical problem that is suddenly causing these symptoms of depression (that is what it seems to be). My suggestion: get to a good doctor ASAP. A nutritional deficiency can cause symptoms like this but they don't usually appear over night.

People on the internet in particular are often overwhelmed by the negativity and hard scrabble atmosphere that pervades the place. Many folks have found that restricting, or eliminating, news channels helped them to regain their sense of safety and balance. Remember this: garbage in, garbage out. This is especially true when you're subjecting yourself to unnecessary (ie: other people's) tragedies. Be kinder to yourself, be happier, and who cares if you don't know who did what to whom? You'll find you care even less the further away from the dramatics you get. Try it and see if it helps.

Sandi Bowman
Old August 24, 2009, 12:07 AM
Phil

Default TW... May want to Seriously get yourself to the hospital ASAP!

TW... bookmarkmaster? Identity theft...

If this is a serious post...

As per the Stroke like related comments... Depression/Confusion related issues etc... Lately in your posting...

Tragically a variety of misc. Strokes cause all kinds of Long term problems and are Happening way more than most people ever realize...

If not Definitely follow Sandi's advice and get to a good doctor ASAP...

Take care of yourself... I'm sure you've read through a few of the recent passings of particular internet marketers on a few misc. business forums...

As you can probably understand and Hopefully realize, a few of us are concerned about your well being...

Passage notice
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25195

Unless your threads and posts are just meant to be Good marketing stories...

A few other recommended resources depending on your trip to the doctor...
http://www.medgle.com/
http://www.omnimedicalsearch.com/
http://www.healthboards.com/

Phil
Old August 24, 2009, 03:14 AM
MichaelRoss

Default You're replying to a spammer...

Sandi & Phil

You're replying to a spammer who simply quoted TW message to leave a link - while also removing the Quote code which would have given it away. Their Spam Link and post has been deleted.

Michael Ross
Old August 24, 2009, 05:10 AM
Phil

Default Re: You're replying to a spammer...

Thanks Michael!

Figured something was just a little fishy...

Although with the mood of TW's posts lately...

Thought Sandi's comments were fairly accurate and it just might be time to get TW admitted into the Hospital for entrepreneurship overwhelmedness...

Thinkmap Visual Thesaurus: Word Routes - On being overwhelmed, underwhelmed, and just plain whelmed...
http://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/1503/

Phil