SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old March 13, 2008, 11:43 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Is this recycling gone mad? Or is it business brilliance?

Here's an unusual product I came across...

Trousers made from recycled WWII British army tents!

http://www.stabo.co.uk/Shop/mens/trouser.htm
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/03/13...de-from-r.html

That's a pretty creative use of materials for a new product... I can imagine a lot of people thinking these are pretty "cool"...!

They sell for £60 (British pounds) - or about $122 US dollars at current exchange rates...

I bet there are a "ton" of new ideas like this, just waiting to be discovered...

Dien
Old March 14, 2008, 12:54 AM
Sandi Bowman

Default Re: Is this recycling gone mad? Or is it business brilliance?

If the material was waterproofed there's gonna be a lot of sore....around, I'd guess. At the least they'll be hotter than sweats, yes?

Sandi Bowman
Old March 14, 2008, 04:58 PM
Bill

I couldn't help but think of this episode of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' (parental discretion advised): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqXm435CG-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Here's an unusual product I came across...

Trousers made from recycled WWII British army tents!

http://www.stabo.co.uk/Shop/mens/trouser.htm
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/03/13...de-from-r.html

That's a pretty creative use of materials for a new product... I can imagine a lot of people thinking these are pretty "cool"...!

They sell for £60 (British pounds) - or about $122 US dollars at current exchange rates...

I bet there are a "ton" of new ideas like this, just waiting to be discovered...

Dien
Old March 14, 2008, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Reminds me of....

...a guy I met in the late 70's.

He was an heir living in a Penthouse on Michigan Ave in Chgo. His granddaddy go THE contract from the US Gummit to DYE the US Army clothes in WW! and WW!! and Korea.

Some other company made the clothes BUT his company DYED them the special khaki "Army Green". That's ALL they did was DYE the uniforms.

One thing about "the rich"....they are in contact with OTHER "rich".

Anyway...I met this guy in a "Business Opportunityl" convention.

He and I were in a seminar and he liked my "questions". So...after the seminar, he came over and introduced himself and asked me if I'd be interested in promoting a product he had the "US rights" to.

Of course....I immediately asked him..."Whatcha got?"

He told me someone in the UK had produced a "Special Spark Plug" that, when placing it in place of a regular spark plug...could tell "a LOT of things going on with that engine....just by the COLOR of the top of the clear plastic on top of the Plug....whether that engine was running rich, lean...in need of a tune-up...burning too much oil...etc.

A TERRIFIC product for "women" or anyone who would like to know the "condition" of their engine....instantly....simply by the COLOR of the top of the plug.

He called this product, "COLOR-TUNE".

Well...I "got involved" with the guy. I introduced him to some big car dealers who were customers of mine via my Burglar Alarm business.

These dealers were REALLY EXCITED about this product...BUT....he had a heart attack and died and ....about that time I was going thru a divorce...so I lost contact with the product....and...I'd like to know if anyone viewing this has any info or has heard of a product called, "COLOR TUNE"...that can TELL, froM the COLOR of the top of this special spark plug...what was going on in the engine.

Dien...thanks for bringing up this about "Military Uniforms". Reminded me of a product that would be a BIG HIT today...."Color-Tune".

I think I'll spend the weekend doing some research on this product and see if I can find out what happened to it.

Thanks,

Don Alm
Old March 14, 2008, 11:08 PM
Bill

Default Re: Reminds me of....

MORGAN COLORTUNE

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=547764

"Colortune will work on both motorcycles and cars with carburetors. Just adjust the mixture screw to get the correct flame colour. Also works on injection systems that have a mixture adjuster. Mainly older injection systems."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
...a guy I met in the late 70's.

He was an heir living in a Penthouse on Michigan Ave in Chgo. His granddaddy go THE contract from the US Gummit to DYE the US Army clothes in WW! and WW!! and Korea.

Some other company made the clothes BUT his company DYED them the special khaki "Army Green". That's ALL they did was DYE the uniforms.

One thing about "the rich"....they are in contact with OTHER "rich".

Anyway...I met this guy in a "Business Opportunityl" convention.

He and I were in a seminar and he liked my "questions". So...after the seminar, he came over and introduced himself and asked me if I'd be interested in promoting a product he had the "US rights" to.

Of course....I immediately asked him..."Whatcha got?"

He told me someone in the UK had produced a "Special Spark Plug" that, when placing it in place of a regular spark plug...could tell "a LOT of things going on with that engine....just by the COLOR of the top of the clear plastic on top of the Plug....whether that engine was running rich, lean...in need of a tune-up...burning too much oil...etc.

A TERRIFIC product for "women" or anyone who would like to know the "condition" of their engine....instantly....simply by the COLOR of the top of the plug.

He called this product, "COLOR-TUNE".

Well...I "got involved" with the guy. I introduced him to some big car dealers who were customers of mine via my Burglar Alarm business.

These dealers were REALLY EXCITED about this product...BUT....he had a heart attack and died and ....about that time I was going thru a divorce...so I lost contact with the product....and...I'd like to know if anyone viewing this has any info or has heard of a product called, "COLOR TUNE"...that can TELL, froM the COLOR of the top of this special spark plug...what was going on in the engine.

Dien...thanks for bringing up this about "Military Uniforms". Reminded me of a product that would be a BIG HIT today...."Color-Tune".

I think I'll spend the weekend doing some research on this product and see if I can find out what happened to it.

Thanks,

Don Alm
Old March 15, 2008, 10:23 PM
-TW

Default Bill... You think that's bad...

I ordered a pair of these pants and after I put them on, I found a tent stake they must've missed, in a very painful place.

-- TW
Old March 18, 2008, 08:14 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I couldn't help but think of this episode of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' (parental discretion advised): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqXm435CG-Y
Thanks Bill...

I guess you gotta be careful not to confuse the "tent pants" with a (cough) "pants tent"!

(You could get more than you bargained for...)

- Dien