SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old November 17, 2016, 11:04 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Your cost of living is going to go up...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

What can we expect from a Trump presidency?

One promise Trump has repeatedly made is to put up trade barriers...

Explicitly, he's said...

He's going to have a 45% tariff on goods from China.
He's going to put up a 35% tariff on products from Mexico, to force American manufacturers to relocate back to the USA.
He's going to force Apple to make their iPhones in the USA.

This will be good for jobs... But the prices for everything are going to go through the roof.

Let's take one example, the Apple one.

Foxconn makes Apple iPhones in China. They pay their workers $1.85 per hour.

If Apple opens a factory in the USA, will they be able to pay their workers $1.85 per hour? Of course not.

If Apple made its phones at home, the price of an iPhone could jump from $650 to $1,300 or more...

In fact, we're lucky if the price just doubles.

This will be true of every product now made in China, Mexico, or wherever else Trump wants to force manufacturing to come back...

I'm not saying this is bad. More jobs is a good thing.

It's especially good for the younger folks, since most of the new jobs will go to them.

I'm just stating the facts - there's always a price to pay, and that's the price.

If you're not one of the younger folks getting a job, it means this. You're going to spend a lot more of your hard-earned cash, to get the same as what you get for it now...

That means, you better know how to make more money, if you want to keep your lifestyle...

Those are some hard facts we will probably see in the next year or two ahead (depending on how fast these trade barriers go up)...

If you don't know how to bring in as much cash as you want, now is the time to start learning.

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : November 17, 2016 at 11:22 PM.
Old November 18, 2016, 01:04 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default More evidence that prices are going to go up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
You're going to spend a lot more of your hard-earned cash, to get the same as what you get for it now...

That means, you better know how to make more money, if you want to keep your lifestyle...
Here's an article which says essentially the same thing, with a wider point of view...

The price of everything in America may be about to go up
http://www.businessinsider.com/infla...-trump-2016-11

If you don't know how to make more money when you want it... Now's a good time to learn...!!

- Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : November 18, 2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old December 2, 2016, 01:35 AM
glamorousfashion

Default Re: Your cost of living is going to go up...

I don't think, that the threat of high prices is within America only. It is actually happening in the Philippines right now especially that the exchange rates of dollar to Peso went up. That would mean a decrease in the value of the Philippine money.
Old April 17, 2017, 10:31 PM
GoodBuddy

Default Re: Your cost of living is going to go up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamorousfashion View Post
I don't think, that the threat of high prices is within America only. It is actually happening in the Philippines right now especially that the exchange rates of dollar to Peso went up. That would mean a decrease in the value of the Philippine money.

I totally agree! It seems that some places are having the difficult time to catch up with the high cost of living. Philippines is one of them. The value of Peso went down and the high cost of commodities went up because of the increase in dollar exchange rates.
Old November 18, 2016, 07:00 AM
ron lafuddy

Default I hear that train a comin'...

It's easy to see the storm coming, isn't it Dien?

It's going to hit hard and hit deep.

It's going to be bloody, too.

Lurking in the dark are those "cans kicked down the road", discussed in earlier threads. They are coming due.

The price will be high under President Trump.

The price would have been higher under President Clinton, who was determined to push us into war with Russia.

I can survive and thrive in just about any economic environment, but if nuclear bombs are falling at the same time, all bets are off.

Ron
Old November 18, 2016, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Default Bomb shelters, bullets and bagels. A guide to surviving the Trump Presidency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron lafuddy View Post
It's easy to see the storm coming, isn't it Dien?

It's going to hit hard and hit deep.

It's going to be bloody, too.

Lurking in the dark are those "cans kicked down the road", discussed in earlier threads. They are coming due.

The price will be high under President Trump.

The price would have been higher under President Clinton, who was determined to push us into war with Russia.

I can survive and thrive in just about any economic environment, but if nuclear bombs are falling at the same time, all bets are off.

Ron

Actual title of the next episode of Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE.

It is the dirty bomb, maybe accomplished via a "bombing" of software and nuclear power plants, consider Fukushima, Chernobyl and Three Mile Island.

I'd avoid New Mexico, storage central of waste. But, more likely is a domestic attack, and even a greater threat, expanded gang warfare.

Opinion: a safe room in your home is a good idea, if you can defend it.

Basement bomb shelters as a Biz-Op? Why not? Retreats? (Most survivalists and a few preppers already have them, wrote about these circa 1999 for the Y2K panic).

In the next four years, you can't have too many bullets, a reloader might come in handy. And bagels represent the food, and food prices will soar, maybe double.

Wall Street is prepping for inflation, add to scarcity, fear...what an opportune time to make your moolah, eh? But, then, it has been like this, for, what, 50 years? Or longer?

Anyhow, more in the newsletter on Tuesday.

Gordon

PS. TWO things you must have ready, AIR and WATER. The perfect retreat would have all the elements of a nuclear submarine deployed for a couple of months running silent and running deep. How do they do it? OH, yea, I know!!
Old November 18, 2016, 01:04 PM
ron lafuddy

Default Will that be a one or two holer?

Yepper, prepper. Time to start that customized outhouse business.

Coming soon, to a neighborhood near you. Maybe add a trap door for an escape hatch. Whoops...not that one!!

A place to ponder, what's over yonder.

Stack the old phone books and catalogs in the corner Mr. Whipple, and don't be squeezing them.

Comes with a "strategically located" picture, of your favorite political putz. Designed to improve the aim of the "ever wayward" male occupant.

Ron
Old November 18, 2016, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Default Two story outhouse. Corn cobs piled high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron lafuddy View Post
Yepper, prepper. Time to start that customized outhouse business.

Coming soon, to a neighborhood near you. Maybe add a trap door for an escape hatch. Whoops...not that one!!

A place to ponder, what's over yonder.

Stack the old phone books and catalogs in the corner Mr. Whipple, and don't be squeezing them.

Comes with a "strategically located" picture, of your favorite political putz. Designed to improve the aim of the "ever wayward" male occupant.

Ron

Bomb shelter plans are available now, or call them "storm cellars" if you prefer. How about some Tee Pee with Trump or Hilary on it, or both?

Those old yellow pages will come in handy, and intertwine a few for some bullet slowing down walls, between the concrete blocks and the 2" steel.

It all comes down soon, so eat, drink and be Mary. Before you get hung for wearing a dress while having a penis.

GJA all puns intended with a groan.
Old November 26, 2016, 11:46 PM
Leanora Buckley

Default Re: Two story outhouse. Corn cobs piled high.

Or you can move to Canada like some celebrities said they would if Trump wins. I've even included a guide to how much it'll cost that I found.

http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/heres...if-trump-wins/
Old December 9, 2016, 11:07 PM
Steve MacLellan

Default Re: Two story outhouse. Corn cobs piled high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanora Buckley View Post
Or you can move to Canada like some celebrities said they would if Trump wins. I've even included a guide to how much it'll cost that I found.

Depends on where you live. For example Moncton, New Brunswick area, seeks to import 700 skilled American workers. See article here:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...cans-1.3878129

Century21 real estate: houses for sale for 150,000 or less in the Moncton area:

http://www.century21.ca/search/0-150...84961/v_Hybrid

Regards,
Steve