SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old May 23, 2012, 10:45 PM
Phil

Default Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr ...

Just in case Some might have Missed the Free Version of Photoshop recently!

Need and Require something Simple & Easy with Less of A Learning Curve...

Could be A Valuable Tool for A Whole Bunch of Reasons...

Endless Business ideas, Services, Consulting... Creativity into Cash!

Still! ... All Kinds of Great {COOL} and FREE Tools to Be [Found] Hiding somewhere in WEB LAND!

Sure some SowPubber's Here... Can and Will ''Turn'' this into those Ongoing Revenues of Some Sort(s)...

Misc... $$Money$$ Making ideas...

90% of what Photoshop Can Do...

Super Easy! Not only is it FREE!!, You don't even have to register to use This {Cool} Freebie! ...

Enjoy and Have some Fun!! ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=Phot...ient=firefox-a

Phil
Old May 24, 2012, 12:17 AM
Bozo

Default Nice find Phil

It's very close to Photoshop. What I like is the familiar layout, as opposed to Gimp where one has to search and struggle to find tools.
Old May 24, 2012, 03:45 PM
Fishman

Default Re: Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr ...

Phil, can't thank you enough for being the "super-sleuth" that you are. I was using GIMP...not now! Thanks!
Old May 24, 2012, 05:09 PM
Eva

Default Re: And a whole bunch more....

Not to over load you but here it is;

http://c4lpt.co.uk/directory-of-learning-performance-tools/image-photo-editing-tools/

Eva

Last edited by Dien Rice : May 25, 2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old May 24, 2012, 11:24 PM
Bozo

Default Don't visit that link! Crapware lives there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post
Not to over load you but here it is;

http://c4lpt.co.uk/directory-of-learning-performance-tools/image-photo-editing-tools/

Eva

If you install anything from that link, read every word on every dialog that comes up. They 'offer' to install Yahoo Toolbar, and a bunch of other crap that you most likely don't want. Plus they will change your search engine choice in every installed browser.

Even selecting what appears to be a way to decline installing those things turns out to be a trick. I aborted the install of GimpShop for those reasons.

It can't be good if they feel they have to trick you into installing things. Bad, bad, bad.

Edit: Now I find that even aborting the install wasn't good enough. They installed crapware immediately and with no notice. Three icons on the desktop, Firefox came up with a crapware screen instead of my home page. Of course they say that you can uninstall these things anytime. What they don't admit to is that you'll have to spend time going through BS to uninstall things you didn't want in the first place.

Grrrrr...

Last edited by Dien Rice : May 25, 2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Dien: Made link non-clickable. Bozo: More info.
Old May 25, 2012, 04:35 AM
Eternal Optimist

Default Re: Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr ...

Maybe someone would edit that link - Eva, can you still edit your post and remove the link so that no-one else goes through the experience??

Margaret
Old May 25, 2012, 04:50 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMacGillivray View Post
Maybe someone would edit that link - Eva, can you still edit your post and remove the link so that no-one else goes through the experience??
Hi Margaret,

I made it "non-clickable" - so people can still go there if they want to, but you have to copy-and-paste the link into your browser...

Unfortunately, this is common with a lot of free downloadable software nowadays. You really have to be alert when installing it, and read everything carefully...

The way they make their money is to "trick" you into installing toolbars and all other kinds of things into your computer, which can change the "home page" in your browser, and so on...

I do use some free software. But when I install it, I read everything very carefully. Any check box which comes "pre-checked" I usually "uncheck" - since those are often the parts which make you install stuff you don't want!

Also, with most software there's a box which you have to "check" in order to install it, which is the license agreement. Unfortunately, with a lot of free software nowadays, with the agreement to install a toolbar (or whatever) that you don't need, they make it look like the license agreement - so most people probably "automatically" agree to it, and before you know it, it's messed up their system... I think this approach to "tricking" people to do things is very unethical.

By the way, anything on the page Eva posted which says "Hosted" should be okay - it's only the ones which you have to "Download" which you have to be careful with...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old May 25, 2012, 05:20 AM
Eternal Optimist

Thanks, Dien - with a fairly new pc, I'm getting a little paranoid about all the nasties out there just waiting to gobble it up

Margaret
Old May 26, 2012, 02:19 PM
Eva

Default Re: Photo editor online / How in the world...

My apologies to you guys, makes me think twice before posting another link...

Now, as in how could you tell something's wrong with a link, that is what I really would like to know for future reference?

Thank you,

Eva
Old May 26, 2012, 02:27 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Photo editor online / How in the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post
My apologies to you guys, makes me think twice before posting another link...

Now, as in how could you tell something's wrong with a link, that is what I really would like to know for future reference?
Hi Eva,

I don't think you need to get too worried about it, after all, it's not your fault... It's unfortunately a current hazard of free downloadable software...

As I said, I use some free downloadable software - but I have to be super-duper-careful when installing it, as for some (not all) free downloadable software, they do all they can to "trick" you...

Thanks for having shared the link, because I'm sure there's good stuff there, too... (People just have to remember to be super-cautious with the "downloads" - the "hosted" stuff should be okay... That's not with just that link - it's something to be careful about with all free downloadable software nowadays...)

Best wishes,

Dien