SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 17, 2012, 04:46 PM
Eva

Default Booklets in hard times

This really moved me , and notice the mentioning of placing an ad in the booklet to cover costs. This of course have to be done but I'm sure you sowpuber's can expand on this idea.

My thinking is, visit your local police department, funeral parlor and the like and gather the information that they would feel suitable. Then create the booklet for them at an affordable cost, selling some ads in it as well. After that, go talk to the next police department over in the next district, rinse and repeat.

Eva

Oh, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr5Apyqbmgg
Old April 17, 2012, 09:02 PM
Phil

Default Re: Booklets in hard times

Hi Eva,

Great Find for All kinds of Helpful and Good reasons...

Business on the Lower importance, regarding Money making...

But just in My opinion...

Multiple Formating of ideas Can ''Always'' be Developed and {Evolve} very nicely By Helping others throughout Life's difficult Times...

Donated related ideas, Fundraising and Percentage of Sales into Continually Helping people in Developing different Programs, Fundraisers...

Well Thought out misc. Donation business models & Concepts will Do Exceptionally well with Just about Any Specialized Caring businesses...

Hopefully! Lots are still Around who Are and Would be a Perfect Fit overall...

Not just Any business Of Course in My Thinking...

Carefully! Smartly researched...

Might require misc. Membership Fees & Status for Access and Approval into the Sponsorship Network...

Multi-Formated Booklets in hard times... Multiple Languages based on Different needs and Requirements too... A Key to Powerful Marketing!

Along the Lines of Developing, Sponsorship Advertising and Marketing (type) Creativity into Multiple methods, Brainstorming of Fresh new ideas...

Based on...

Sponsorship: A Key to Powerful Marketing
http://marketing.about.com/od/eventa...ponsorship.htm
http://marketing.about.com/od/eventa...nsorship_2.htm

All the Best...

Phil

Last edited by Phil : April 17, 2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: additional info...
Old April 18, 2012, 11:36 AM
Eva

Default Re: You lost me there...

Your "fluid" thinking totally lost me. I have no clue what so ever how a membership and/or sponsorship ties in to this. Maybe my brain cells are stuck on "slow" today, lol.

Translating a booklet to more than one language, that I got. The rest? Care to elaborate?

Eva
Old April 18, 2012, 03:04 PM
Phil

Default Re: You lost me there...

Eva,

Sorry, about that... Guess my ''Encrypted'' messages, I'm trying to Get Across...

Are much Harder to Figure out as Our Good ol' Friend Mr. Bob usually suggests...

Time to Start Simplifying and Shortening things...

Bottom line and Basically, I'm suggested Developing a Membership site with Reoccurring membership Fees, monthly, annually etc. To be part of the Network overall...

Membership can include All kinds of other Features and Benefits related to Marketing, Communications etc. including a {Meetup Breakfast} Communications Club/Network that Can Evolve very Nicely into Multiple Streams of income For All Parties involved...

Quick pick(s)... Just for an Overall interpretation...

Sponsorship as a Business Exchange: An Application of ...
www.impgroup.org/uploads/papers/5794.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
by BJ Thompson - Related articles
memorabilia, membership and subscription fees to clubs, publication, media fees and ... Further recognition of the relationship/network concept, in sponsorships, ...

Meetup Booklet ideas... Are Endless Too... For Those that Dig-in with Creativity & innovative Thinking! ...
http://www.google.com/search?q=http%...ient=firefox-a
http://www.google.com/search?q=linke...ient=firefox-a

Hope that Helps explains ''Things'' just a little bit Better!

All the Best...

Phil

Last edited by Phil : April 18, 2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: additional info..
Old April 19, 2012, 11:25 AM
Eva

Default Re: Staying on subject of hard times, no it didn't

Scenario: A mother just got the news that her son was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting. The officer is at the door giving her the "news". He hands her a booklet with information about what she needs to do now such as funeral arrangements and the like.

Is the officer now going to pitch her on a membership??????????

I don't think so and I would like to stay on subject, not to dilute the thread to be all encompassing if possible...

Eva
Old April 19, 2012, 03:40 PM
Phil

Default Re: Staying on subject of hard times, no it didn't

It's Fine to stay on The Booklet side of the subject...

But just like with Most things in business these Days, as per your original post and video...

There needs to be some Marketing... Advertising... Connection in Relation with misc. Businesses who decide to Support it some ways...

It's Called A ''Monetization'' business model of some Sorts...

Both you and the Product Creator said it yourselves...

But No worries... As I also was Suggesting Free Giveaways are ''Absolutely'' Fine Too...

Of course...Never any Need to make Money if we Choose Not To...

Back on Subject now for those that Care to comment...

All the Best...

Phil
Old April 19, 2012, 04:14 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default What I think everyone is saying (it's not so different)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
It's Fine to stay on The Booklet side of the subject...

But just like with Most things in business these Days, as per your original post and video...

There needs to be some Marketing... Advertising... Connection in Relation with misc. Businesses who decide to Support it some ways...
Hi Eva and Phil,

I think there's not too much difference in what you're talking about...

Eva mentioned ads in the back of the booklets...

Phil mentioned sponsorship and membership programs - I believe for the sponsors (i.e. for those who are paying money to help have the booklet produced, in return for having their business mentioned as a sponsor)...

"Sponsorship" is slightly different from most "advertising," in that it is generally more subtle. It might be more suitable than "advertising" for such a "sensitive" product, such as a booklet to help those who have just lost a loved one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sponsor_(commercial)

I think when Phil mentioned "membership" - he meant a membership model for those providing the money, that is for the advertisers/sponsors, not for the recipients of the booklet (who would get the booklet for free)...

If I misunderstood either of you, feel free to correct me!

Anyway, the bottom line is, I think that you're not so far apart in what you're saying...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old April 20, 2012, 03:04 AM
Phil

Default Thanks Dien & Duane! ... What I think everyone is saying (it's not so different)...

Dien,

Thanks for taking the time to Clarify a little on this one...

Almost Got it Perfectly! ...

Bottom Line...

As Duane recently Said in another Post and Thread...

Pretty much! ... Most of My overall ''Thinking'' Research or Whatever Follows his Basic Definition...

Of Course... Here and There with A ''Quick Twist'' or 2 to Get People Thinking a little More on their Own too...

Never meant to be insulting! Hopefully never taken that way...

Hopefully... Thought Provoking of Some Sorts...

Forcing out... A Mix of Creativity in Various ways...

Obviously! ... Confusion for Many...

Which Can Always have A Good and Bad Effect on People Minds! ...

I'm pretty Sure Most are Kinda Getting my Messages and Ideas overall...

With A Little Fun Of Course Too... All At the Same Time!

[Patented and Copyrighted Ownership by SowPubber Duane] Full Credits!

Much Appreciated... Thanks Duane! ... Cool... Extra long Brainstorming Tag Line, {USP} Unique Selling Proposition for A few of Us CRAZY Brainstormers 7/24/365! ...

Since A Brainstorm Session MUST have MULTIPLE ideas no matter how crazy. This May Spark some additional ideas for anybody reading this.

Note. There is NO real editing here. Since this is just an IDEA generating stage. CRAZY, Out of the Matrix ideas are welcome here.

All the Best...

Phil

Last edited by Phil : April 20, 2012 at 03:08 AM. Reason: additional info...
Old April 20, 2012, 11:29 AM
Eva

Default Re: It's like being high on crack or something...

All is well and good here, no prob. Takes some getting used to you guys "spacing out" or what you call "brain-storming". I guess my pea pod up there is more straight-laced than I thought. Stating as a matter of factly (home-made word, lol) that you can do this, with an example to follow, is how my brain works.

So, with that off my chest, what type of ads would you guys think would be tasteful enough for inclusion in this type of booklet?

(And don't mind me, I'm all for it, brain-storming and "spacing out").

Eva
Old April 20, 2012, 10:28 PM
Phil

Default Re: It's like being high on crack or something...

Don't mean to Give you more and Another Homework project...

But I Believe Everything you Need to Decide on in Regards to the Type of Ads and information you Require is in that Other thread of Somewhat..

Perfectly related Ideas in Almost the Exact Industry... Sorry to Say Pretty Much Dead-On...
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ceme...82a1a8df06308e

All the Best...

Phil