SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 30, 2011, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Default Regarding SuperBiz, the book.

I deleted a post at the Original Poster's request. However, I spent time answering the post as it referred to a book, SuperBiz by Ben Suarez.

So, here is a little history lesson for the newer members:

OK, here is today's history lesson. Then, this afternoon, look for a post called Somewhere East of ElPaso.

SuperBiz (SB) was about the third orfourth How to Start a Business book which Ben did, they kept evolvingand SB evolved into 7 Steps to Freedom and then 7 Steps to FreedomII.

I believe SB was given to a fewvisitors whom I hosted many years ago, perhaps Duane Adolph canconfirm, I can't remember...not even breakfast which I just gotthrough eating, HA!

The Sales Generation System evolvedinto the NPGS, Net Profit Generator System.

This has four parts to it:

Prospect
Product
Promotion
Media

You analyze each part and look for a 10in each one. If you have 10 in each of the four parts, you've got agood shot at having a winner. Each part is equal, despite what someof the Internet Marketing Copywriters will tell you of THEIRimportance in your success.

OK. I did an update in 2008of 7 Steps to Freedom II, it was a pdf version with mostly Internetrelated application of the NPGS. It never was sold because at thattime the IT department was in flux, and they couldn't figure out howto sell a digital product with their batch processing methodology.

I found this ironic becausein the books Ben talks about how a small entrepreneur can beat agiant corporation by being able to get things done quickly withoutthe use of committees, discussions, approvals, etc. His company is,in my opinion, the very corporation he described in the books as onea small potatoes, lone ranger type of Entrepreneur could beat day inand day out. Anyhow,

Back in 97, when I did anedit of 7 Steps to Freedom II, he was discussing the digitalproduct, which they have never been able to create or sell. At thetime I was the featured writer on the NPGS UPDATE HOTLINE www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/npgs.html and this one I've linked towas the most popular of the newsletters. It was 20 years of Biz-Ops.

Well, around about thattime, one of our subscribers was a guy named Marlon Sanders, perhapsyou've heard of him? And he wrote about his gang testing method hewas using on AOL, CompuServe and the other pioneer Internet places. If you've read Marlon's AMAZING FORMULA, you might recognize theNPGS influence.

Anyhow, shortly afterreceiving Marlon's letter and publishing it in the NPGS UPDATEHOTLINE, I started my own Internet activity and the first week onlineI sold a few products, The Remote Direct Marketing Home Study Courseand made my first $1,000.00 in the first week. And thought, goodgolly Molly, this stuff works. It didn't come quite as easy afterthat, but, I was sold on Internet as the MEDIA in which to sell mydigital products, and I believe, before I sold them all, that I hadsomewhere in the neighborhood of 25+ digital products.

Now let me back up and tellyou the story, AGAIN, for those that may be new to SowPub.

I attended a seminar atWalsh College put on by Ben and at the end of the seminar, he offeredme a job from the stage.

If you come across anycopies of The Professional Remote Direct Marketing Home Study Course,you'll see me doing the introduction and Ben at the end, offering mea job, which I, at first, turned down.

Once I did accept his offer,then I got a world class education in Direct Response Marketing. Oneof my assignments as a writer for the newsletter was to reviewproduct submissions and also to daily go into a room known as SeedWorld, where over a 100 million dollars worth of promotions reside.These promotions included everything Ben had ever done, or one of hiscompanies as well as ANYONE who was promoting via Direct Response.This was the basis for my 20 years of Biz-Op newsletters.

Now I should mention I wassomewhat known in the Biz-Op field prior to working for Ben, I got myinitial when I met Joe Karbo at his "office" at SunsetBeach back in 1975. He gave me contacts in Akron, OH which I tookadvantage of, and through these guys met Gary Halbert at about thetime he was mentoring Ben Suarez.

But back to SuperBiz. Ilike this edition the best, because it leaves out the minute detailof 7 Steps, which is, literally, a college class textbook, and weknow how boring those can be. It is one of the best realistic bookson starting a business and managing it once it becomes successful,but, I've found for us small-potato, fly-low and collect-the-doughtypes, SuperBiz has all the relevant information you need.

SuperBiz came out around thesame time as Harvey Brody's course, which was one of the moreexpensive courses on the market at the time. I've writtenextensively about how Gary Halbert, Ben Suarez, Jay Abraham, JoeKarbo, Joe Sugarman, et al, etc. attended or studied the HarveyBrody material.

OK and alrighty then.History lesson over.

IF you can wrap your headaround the NPGS four parts,

Prospect
Product
Promotion
Media

and create and/or acquire aproduct that is a 10 for a prospect with a high passion index whowants/needs the product and you write a good PROMOTION and get infront of said prospect at the right time in the right place with theright offer you've got a good shot at achieving the FREED
OMwritten about in these books.

Next up...enough with thehistory...what's happening TODAY. Be sure to read the post,Somewhere East of El Paso.

Gordon "Snidely"Alexander, Remote Direct Marketing Historian and keeper of the keys. HA!