SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old February 27, 2013, 01:47 PM
-TW

Default Re: wso's

There's different levels to wso's (in general)...

1) I (actually) did it -- and was successful. (that's the level you're talking about, Gordon)
2) I see that others (including the wso's creator) have done it successfully -- and I believe them -- and I think it's repeatable.
3) The wso's creator has done it successfully, and I believe him/her -- and I think it's repeatable.

Personally, if a wso passes any or all of those, I deem it legit. (legit enough to try it and/or recommend it)

-- TW
Old March 1, 2013, 10:13 AM
midasman

Default Re: Seeking idea for $50-$100 small business services or products to offer.

Here's 3 I've used successfully in the past and have recently been helping some UN-employed people with;

1) PIZZA-KARDS - A business card sized card. Local Pizzeria agrees to accept a "Kard" that allows Kard-Holders to purchase 20 - 2 for 1 Pizzas. Kard is sold to business owners for $10ea to give to their employees as a "Goodwill Gift". These can also be sold door-to-door however, biz owners usually purchase more than 1 at a time. (Milk Co bought 230, Furniture Mfg bought 160 etc) 1,000 Kards cost $50. Sell all 1,000 = $10,000

2) FREE OIL CHANGE CARDS - Double-Size business cards. 2 Auto Repair Shops (on either side of a small town) provide "4 Free Oil Changes". 8 FREE Oil Changes to consumers. Card sells for $20. 1,000 "Double Cards" cost $80 Sell all 1,000 = $20,000

3) TV CHANNEL GUIDES - 8h x 5w cards printed both sides & laminated. Local Hotels agree to place "Guides" in all their rooms. "Guides" show the local TV Channels (which are different than those at their homes) "Pizza Ad" usually on front. 6 ads on back (Restaurants, Gift Shops, Realtors) A 26 week program. Pizza Ad on front sells for $520 ($20/wk for 26 wks) Ads on back sell for $260ea ($10/wk for 26 wks) 10% discount for taking 2nd Hotel

MidasMan
Old March 1, 2013, 10:32 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Seeking idea for $50-$100 small business services or products to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midasman View Post
Here's 3 I've used successfully in the past and have recently been helping some UN-employed people with;
Thanks Midasman,

What I like about these is that these are all "Win/Win/Win" deals... The business wins, the customer wins, and the guy or gal who puts it all together (i.e. the entrepreneur) wins too!

Sometimes the whole is more than the sum of its parts...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old March 1, 2013, 11:46 AM
midasman

Hey Bret....here's one for ya since you've had experience with "Magnets"

I call it "Magnetic Menus To Go". 10 Ads with a To Go Menu printed on a Magnetic Sheet.

I get $360 per Ad for 500 Menus....$3,600 per restaurant (about 72cents each) "72cents to be on a local consumer's fridge...for a YEAR? You kiddin' me, Mr Biz Owner?

MidasMan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rodeo2.jpg (97.4 KB, 17 views)
Old March 1, 2013, 04:13 PM
Eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by midasman View Post

1) PIZZA-KARDS - A business card sized card. Local Pizzeria agrees to accept a "Kard" that allows Kard-Holders to purchase 20 - 2 for 1 Pizzas. Kard is sold to business owners for $10ea to give to their employees as a "Goodwill Gift". These can also be sold door-to-door however, biz owners usually purchase more than 1 at a time. (Milk Co bought 230, Furniture Mfg bought 160 etc) 1,000 Kards cost $50. Sell all 1,000 = $10,000

2) FREE OIL CHANGE CARDS - Double-Size business cards. 2 Auto Repair Shops (on either side of a small town) provide "4 Free Oil Changes". 8 FREE Oil Changes to consumers. Card sells for $20. 1,000 "Double Cards" cost $80 Sell all 1,000 = $20,000

3) TV CHANNEL GUIDES - 8h x 5w cards printed both sides & laminated. Local Hotels agree to place "Guides" in all their rooms. "Guides" show the local TV Channels (which are different than those at their homes) "Pizza Ad" usually on front. 6 ads on back (Restaurants, Gift Shops, Realtors) A 26 week program. Pizza Ad on front sells for $520 ($20/wk for 26 wks) Ads on back sell for $260ea ($10/wk for 26 wks) 10% discount for taking 2nd Hotel

MidasMan

Where would be the best/most affordable place/way to have the lamination done? Figuring a hotel/motel has on an average 100 rooms, having it done for you is better or?

What about instead of laminated flyers, have them printed 16pt with UV coating?

Thanks Don, Eva

Last edited by Eva : March 1, 2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: added
Old March 4, 2013, 07:57 AM
michellepinto

Sorry for this, but what is a WSO..?
Old March 4, 2013, 08:37 AM
-TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellepinto View Post
Sorry for this, but what is a WSO..?

A Warrior Special Offer -- can be seen here... http://warriorforum.com
Old March 6, 2013, 02:02 AM
Phil

Default An even better way to WSO just about Everything! ... :)

An even better way to WSO just about Everything! ...

Another Perfect example of [Creatively] taking Advantage and Seriously expanding on an Existing business model, business Opportunitity(s), Idea(s)...

Ever so {Twistable} if you get the Message and Totally understand...

Whether you Like it, Them WSO's or not...

Mike Lantz and company! ...
http://www.warriorforum.com/members/mikelantz.html
http://www.warriorplus.com/wso/

All the best,
Phil
Old April 8, 2013, 10:44 PM
PaulC

Thumbs up Rare Endorsement...of a WSO...not an Affiliate

Thank You for the recommendation Gordon. I'm interested in hearing your additional ideas. I purchased this after stumbling onto your Chattel Report by Accident and purchasing that as well. I'm from near your old neck of the woods in Solon, Ohio and I was thrilled to see Northeast Ohio in all of your examples. I'm also interested in your updated fly low and collect the dough update for 2013. I'm excited to start my chattel business and look forward to your 2013 version if you think it's still a viable business strategy. I'm looking forward to trying this WSO out at an Ohio State Buckeyes game. O.H.......

Thanks Again,

Paul Calabrese